Chicago: Experiencing Shootings every week, Going Unnoticed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by tropolis, Mar 21, 2012.

1. tropolis

tropolis Member

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_aliyah-shell-shooting-death-chicago-police

I dont have the time to look at each fatality, but I bet all of these were concentrated in black and hispanic neighborhoods.

We all know Zimmerman was in the wrong for killing Trayvon Martin, but when you see headline after headline of senseless killing among black males I could understand why Zimmerman was apprehensive when he said he was walking towards him with a supposed weapon (Zimmerman thought) in his hand.

2. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I don't agree with you while acknowledging that you may have a very weak point.

That asshat killed an innocent child. Who was a good kid.

I don't think that even people who make trouble on purpose deserve to die...however..if you run around toting guns just to be...whatever..gangster or tuff or whatever you can't really be surprised when the company you keep (enemies too) are senseless killers.

Zimmerman hunted that baby down and killed him in cold blood.

Not even close to be the same and no justification can be reasonablly made.

3. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

That is poor logic. If a bunch of blondes went on a crime spree in Chicago then I would expect to be singled out elsewhere?? I may be minding my own business and law abiding and I could expect to be killed like Trayvon??!! And someone would be justified. No. :|

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Ignoring the dumbass post about why Zimmerman should've been suspicious, didn't the same thing happen last year? 50 people or some shit got shot within a weekend?

5. tropolis

tropolis Member

I didnt say you would be justified, i said i could understand why he would tense up when trayvon was approaching him with an object he couldnt recognize.

6. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

What a bag of skittles and iced tea?

Or his darker skin?

7. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

:p

I think real police don't shoot unless they recognize a weapon. This guy was a wanna-be and was over zealous. I don't imagine his excuse could be crime in another city. You just can't excuse wrong behavior with such.

I am sorry to have to disagree with you but because one person of a demographic commits a crime all people of that demographic are not guilty until proven innocent.

Through this whole thing to me Zimmerman seemed like a wanna-be who was over zealous. Maybe he thought he would get favor with the law enforcement officials when he was done with his school, since his major is law enforcement?? He had no business acting like he was a paid member of the police department. He wasn't trained or authorized to be in such a capacity and it had grave consequences, that he overstepped his authority.

8. Daggerrrrrr

Daggerrrrrr New Member

:smt023

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Test question on Zimmerman's Cowboy Application....

Pick one that doesn't belong:

A.
    [​IMG]

B.
    [​IMG]

C.
    [​IMG]

D.
    [​IMG]

I wonder how is was that Zimmerman could clearly see "he's got buttons on his shirt" in the same sentence breath of "he's got something in his hands"?

Must've been HUGE buttons.

Here's something else Trayvon used to like to hold...

[​IMG]

I can see those from 100 yards away.

10. tropolis

tropolis Member

you guys are jumping all over me, but its not that hard to explain.

If you lived in an area with high crime by a specific demographic, in this case it was high black crime in that area, you can pretend all you want, but when you see headline after headline of blacks arrested in your area, you are going to have some prejudice.

It's going to come up in your head, especially when you are out late at night when these crimes are happening. Zimmerman believed Martin was up to no good because 9 out of 10 times, people in Trayvon's situation are up to no good in that specific situation Zimmerman was in.

Out late at night, being black in an area where you arn't recognized, that has a high black crime rate already. Do the math. If you arn't going to tense up and be anxious, you are clueless to your surroundings and an easy victim.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No trop we aren't, sorry if its coming off like that, we're jumping over the LOGIC that Zimmerman has engaged...I def understand you're for Trayvon and just pointing out a common situation of fear that happens when encountering someone who is coming at you to actually hurt you, but its because in this case we know Tray was harmless and not attacking that hurts so much here. Don't take it personal...you're just the messenger.

But understand too, that what Trayvon was doing wasn't anything that even resembled "up to no good". He was WALKING home and his only crime was being an unfamiliar "fucking c--n" to a homicidal moron.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

awww shit here we go

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This.

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Good one, Alinoa!!!! :smt038

15. Iggy

Iggy Banned

Glad I don't live in the hood

16. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

The name of the sickness is Gangs, Gangs, Gangs.

They are a scourge on these communities.

When you have people that will kill for a color, when that is all that has meaning in their life, it tells you a lot.

I've seen some of these knuckleheads on television talking about they would kill for their colors.

Its a reflection of these folks background, no guidance and no purpose in their lives when all they have is "The Gang" SMDH.

17. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Trust me I understand what you are saying in regards to accountability.

I grew up in the hood, so I have nothing to prove to anyone when it comes to seeing first hand what it is like.

When we first came to America my mom went to a party with her sister and was returning home around 5 or 6 in the morning and saw a dead man in the street, shot and killed, this was America circa 1992, not Baghdad or Afghanistan or Somalia or some favela in Rio.

I would remember looking through my window and seeing the young gangbangers walking the streets late at night with firearms. You would hear the gunshots going off every night on queue.

Its a sad reality that there are a lot of wet behind the ear cats out and about who wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in you for a gang rep, a quick buck or you stepped on their kicks. Fools don't realize gunplay is a one way ticket to the grave, prison or a cripple.

18. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

LOL, its why I speak so vociferously on this issue.

I know what it was like living in the hood, trying to the right thing as a young man and seeing all the craziness around you.

If you don't have the right parenting, personal discipline and priorities, its easy to fall into the foolishness that takes place in a place like the hoods throughout this country.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You don't have to live in 'the hood' to be affected, my city isn't the hood...

BTW, more murder victims in my city and surrounding counties alone in the last 10 years than US soldier deaths in the Iraq/Afghanistan war. We have upwards of 10,000 and the pace is not slowing.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  20. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Its crazy indeed. As a New Yorker I'm actually glad that NYC has turned into one of the safest large cities in the world. Given the awful rep it used to have for crime.

I mean New York used to be synonymous with negative crime images, kind of the image people have today when they think of Detroit, then it turned around under Rudy Guiliani.