bring your babies to work?

Discussion in 'Getting Ahead: Careers, Finance and Productivity' started by goodlove, Aug 11, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

My mom used to bring me to work only out of necessity (sitter sick). She'd put blankets in a chart cart and keep me next to her station (she worked in a hospital). Never fly nowadays lol. As a boss, I'm not a fan of people having their children at their work area (even if I worked in a different field I wouldn't be for this). Too much distraction for focused work. I'm a huge proponent of large companies offering onsite daycare though. It'd decrease absences and increase emp sat.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Raider.

I think it's ok on an as needed basis because not everyone has the luxury of on-site daycare or an emergency back up plan.

On site childcare is a great idea and would benefit everyone. When you bring a small child to work, productivity decreases.

As a single parent I struggled with sick little ones for many years and I was in the military so I had no choice but to have a backup plan. It certainly would've given me peace of mind to have on-site childcare available to me, but when your child is sick you really don't have many options.

Nowadays, some have the luxury of teleworking which is nice.

4. agnosticlady

agnosticlady New Member

Couldn't of said it better myself Raider and Cherok33...

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I think it would be ok until the child starts to walk and then they need to go to daycare

6. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I had to bring Spence to work when he was a baby quite a few times, but it was a case of that or I can't go.

Now normally the area manager would have said an absolute no....but I was only contracted to do two Saturdays a month and I tended to end up working every single Saturday (6 day week) and these were the hardest to find care for as his Creche was Mon-Fri

I used to have him in his buggy or travel cot in the Hire desk/ office area and I found it quite easy to handle TBH I would make sure all my workshop and storage stuff was update before the weekend and he was a hit with the builders especially the regulars who knew why he was brought to work in the first place lol

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

If it's lunch time in the office yeah. During work time, leave their ass with the sitter. Especially if your job requires thinking.

8. Milk N Cookiez

Milk N Cookiez New Member

I'm not with it, kids drive me crazy