Book Lovers Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

2. Tamstrong

3. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever read a book they like so much that they read it again?

4. Tamstrong

Yep, I re-read books all the time. It by Stephen King is one I read every year or two, and I read some of his other books from time to time as well.. I've also read the Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin more than once, (he needs to hurry up with the rest of the series...I'm tired of waiting on his ass). I like to re-read books by authors I like. I'm also bad about ignoring the many new books I have to read books I've already read a bunch of times.

5. Tamstrong

6. Tamstrong

7. CAkicker

Does anyone read a book while a Radio or TV is on or does it have to be complete silence?

8. Tamstrong

I prefer to read in silence, but if someone else has the radio or TV going while I'm reading, I have no problem tuning it out.

9. Tamstrong

10. CAkicker

Anyone make their Summer reading list yet?

11. CAkicker

12. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I’m reading 48 laws of power right now.

13. Tamstrong

I recently finished his Maze Trilogy, and his books are definitely worth the read if you like the cyberpunk genre of science fiction.

[​IMG]

Elements of the Maze are found in other trilogies he's written:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Tamstrong

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I've got a perspective on this topic, but I'm interested in hearing your opinions first :D

What’s The Correct Way To Organize Your Bookshelf?

16. Tamstrong

I didn't watch the entire video since it was so annoying lol, but I don't think there is a "correct" way to organize your bookshelf. I think that's up to each individual. I read A LOT, so the theory the one dude had that the only reason people would keep books on a shelf was for decoration purposes was retarded to me. Yeah, there are some folks who use their fancy book collections as decor, but it's by no means everyone. A lot of folks who don't read, typically don't spend their money on books.

As for how I do it, I guess you could say they're semi-organized. I do typically separate my fiction and non-fiction. Sometimes, depending on how many books I have on a particular topic, I will arrange my non-fiction by genre. Sometimes I'll arrange my fiction by author if the books are part of a series. Other than that, I put them wherever I have space on the shelf to spare. There was a time I was more anal about it, mostly due to working in a few libraries over the years. I also used to have a massive personal library back in the day, so it helped keep things in order and easier to find. My personal library is a lot smaller nowadays (I miss my books though).

On my Kindle, I usually have my library set to sort by the most recent downloads, but sometimes I change it up to title or author.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I tend to go back to my already-read books for reference, so I group by subject matter for easy retrieval. The people in that video didn't even consider that a person might ever refer to a book they already read. Maybe they were just projecting lol.

Their opinions were entertaining though.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. CAkicker