BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"Pillars of the Earth" is a cable TV adaptation of the historical war ~ "The Infamy" that serves as the inspiration for GRRM's Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon ~

The recently departed Donald Sutherland stars in this masterpiece in one of his better roles as a Lord and knight. Academy Award winner Eddie Redmayne also plays a key role as does Rufus Sewell, Tony Currran, Ian McShane, David Oakes and Hayley Atwell. If medieval fiction is your fix . . . check this out and its sequel series ~ "World without End":

Blood and Violence, Lust and Passion, Betrayal and Opportunism all abound as well as naturally-beautiful women in plot-integrated scenes of lust or love in these mini-series by Tandem Productions.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I noticed that "Domina" season 2 has a 90% Rotten Tomatoes audience score compared to only 71% for season 1. Maybe it got better in the 2nd season?

3. Young Herschel

I enjoyed the first three episodes the most and that was season one. They time jump more than a little . . . I guess they had budget restrictions. Season two more betrayals and plotting but never got back to being as good as early season one in my educated assessment. I wanted it to be successful but I think "Rome" has better action and characters. You might enjoy it though . . . did you enjoy "Rome"?!? "Domina" has much more talking and off screen action by comparison.

• List
  4. ENKI

ENKI New Member

Are you talking about the British actress Nadia Parkes? If so she's been in a few on screen bmww projects

This is Christmas 2022:
    Screenshot 2024-08-13 9.16.11 AM.jpg

The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself 2022:
    Screenshot 2024-08-13 9.33.47 AM.png

She also used to date Tom Holland.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Young Herschel

That's her with Clinton Liberty who plays Adam Waters of Hull on "House of the Dragon" in "This is Christmas". Great catch!!!! She know she sexy and it's great to hear she has done holiday interracial content. It was a Sky Cinema production not Hallmark so it probably takes place in the United Kingdom with its predominantly British cast. It is available on Prime Video so I am going to buy it if need be.

6. ColiBreh1

I don't think any of us were planning on bothering with the new season 4 of "Emily in Paris" seeing as how the season 3 finale played out. But based on this cast press tour interview clip I just saw, looks like Alfie is back for Season 4 & the love triangle is still ongoing:

7. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I hate love triangles, it seems like they prolonging this brother getting his heartbroken again. It's clear they got the White dude pegged as her true love or whatever so just put them together then. It's the same message over and over when it comes to Black men on these shows and in the media in general and i'm sick of it been sick of it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah when has a Black Guy won the Love Triangle. Only time I can think of his Hart of Dixie...where Lavon basically got to pick which white girl he wanted in a Love Square type situation.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The thing is unfortunately there is an audience that loves seeing that. Something wrong with them people if you ask me. lol.

But as we have pointed out on here before with this thing this is one of several ways they exercise racial dominance and humiliation. It's really straight out of The Birth Of A Nation playbook but people are too willfully ignorant to how racism and white supremacy works especially how it's incorporated in pop culture to catch on.

• List
  10. ColiBreh1

BTW, Here's the trailer for "Emily in Paris" Season 4, Part 1:

Based strictly on this trailer, Gabriel still looks like end game for Emily. But they're still gonna drag da fucc out of & use every last mileage of the love triangle.

11. Jeffrey Tripp

I'm completely tuning that show the fuck out. I'm giving it no energy.

12. ColiBreh1

@Young Herschel What do you think about this show starring Kelly Reilly that aired on Amazon Prime & Epix in the U.S., "Britannia"?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_(TV_series)

13. darkcurry

Though it's an affair these 2 are having. This is really done well.

A little fact about this show: This is Natalie Portman's first starring role in a TV show.

As I guessed it's an affair these 2 (Maddie & Ferdie) are having.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little fact about this show: This is Natalie Portman's first starring role in a TV show.

Really well presentation of the Ferdie Black Male Character despite it being an affair.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. Jeffrey Tripp

She's separated from her husband and doesn't live with him.

• List
  15. Young Herschel

I wanted to enjoy it. It was one of Prime Video's original programs back in 2017. It has its moments but ultimately disappointed me. I don't want to ruin it for others but most here will agree . . . when that infamous scene happens in season three . . . I said I'm out!!!!!!

Enjoy the first two seasons though especially the beginning of season two which was absolutely hilarious featuring the brother in-laws . . . that scene in itself transcends anything of comic value I have EVER seen on a historical fiction cable series.

• List
  16. ColiBreh1

I just looked up "The Lady In The Lake" on JustWatch & saw it's only a miniseries. OK, I'm in.

17. darkcurry

It's playing out as an affair. The dynamics of their relationship is a soon to be divorce woman meeting up with a Black Police Officer for casual sex. Recipe for something more with Ferdie buuuuut....

Can't trust these screenwriters and producers who keeps the white guy around when a IR is happening with a black man. Also Milton didn't want to settle divorce until
    he met somebody. Remember he sprung that on Maddie.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. nanana1212

nanana1212 New Member

I'm cur
    I'm curious who would be the audience that loves seeing this. Like what demographics would these love triangles appeal to? And I agree something is wrong with them whomever they are.

Also, these shows don't just do this with black characters but other POC characters also. This was done in the first season of friends when Ross was dating a asian girl and Rachel was dating a Hispanic man. Both POC characters were essentially used as plot devices for Rachel and Ross to get together.

• List
  19. ColiBreh1

@Young Herschel What did you think about the WGN series "Salem"?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_(TV_series)

20. Young Herschel

I liked that show much MUCH more than "Britannia". It kinda lost me in the last season but the first season was EVERYTHING. I was so surprised it was on WGN (seemed like an FX series with its MA sex and horror elements) and somewhat saddened that it was NOT released in the October. That would have been a no-brainer for marketing purposes. The story was intriguing and those characters were captivating. By the end of the second episode you will be hooked!!! Check it out on jailbreak firestick if only for the first few episodes but the entire first few seasons were good as well. By the end of the second episode I was 100% engaged and you will be too!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024