BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I would have like for this show to go in that Mickie & Mallory-esque continuation in the first season with that IR couple.

2. darkcurry

'Dear Billy' Ep. 4 - Stranger Things

EASILY the best episode of the season
    They did Max & Lucas so well in this one. The drama and the Horror mixed so well. Without spoilers. Check this one out even if your not a fan. Very long episode that plays like a movie(like other episodes as well.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This episode is why 80's classic 'Runnin Up That Hill' by Kate Bush shot up to number one on the billboard chart.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  3. Henry Dubrios

Henry Dubrios New Member

Girls5va season 1 premiered May 2021. Queens premiered on October 2021. Girls5va was first, so Queens copied them?

4. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Max and Lucas always seemed like buddies to me, not in an actual relationship.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.... If @qaz1 is vouching for "Midnight, Texas" like that, maybe I should give that show a shot again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Their relationship has always taken a backseat to the other "romances" on the show, but it seems like they are trying to give them a legitimate romance arc this season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

That relationship is DOMINATING the social media shipping (Lumax) edits despite TPTB only half-assing them as a couple. This season there scenes have overall been very good and their dialogue is strong but their screentime has always been lacking. Its the chemistry between the two actors that has made up for those limited opportunities.

8. ColiBreh1

I've never watched "Stranger Things", so tell me....does this Max-Lucas 'ship involve the young actress on the show that gets all the media attention, Millie Brown?

9. Jeffrey Tripp

No Max is played by Sadie Sink.

10. darkcurry

It's a relationship arch that is being beautifully done that made up for season 3. Ep 4 has tugged at the heart strings of people to where it has surpassed the other relationship archs that are happening on the show right now. They got a 80's song to go back to number 1 on the charts after over 30+ years.

11. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

12. JamalSpunky

Agree with all of this.

What still irks me is that Hollywood often hates to see TOO MUCH leaning into the relationship between BM and WW when it gets around to portraying such couples. And this often leads to the industry using certain tried and true tricks to water down such portrayals. Last season the show did this largely by severely limiting the time between Lucas and Max on screen. Max spent the vast majority of her minutes attached to the side of Eleven. The scarce opportunities to interact with Lucas Max spent almost all of it berating him. Meanwhile she appeared to devote her life to bonding with Eleven and then worrying about her, trying to protect her. While this season doesn't have an example of that which is nearly as extreme, Max is still once again more in the presence of anyone other than Lucas, in particular Dustin. Granted this is arguably necessary from a story point of view considering the status of Max and Lucas' relationship at this point. However some of the choices made by the writers are questionable. I'll stick to some Dustin examples (with some minor spoilers)

1-In the second episode after the first murder (of Chrissie) we see Max go to Dustin's house to tell him her suspicions which leads them to going on another adventure in which they involved more of the central characters. Why not go to Lucas, even if he is your ex? Of course much, much later in the episode Max gives a throwaway line of how she went to track down Lucas first but could not find him which makes sense considering Lucas was hanging out overnight with his basketball team. Still if Lucas was white I am convinced the showrunners would have had taken 30 seconds to actually show Max trying to reach out to him or at the very least have her bring up MUCH EARLIER the fact that she tried to. Hell, they may have had her comment on this numerous times in order to emphasize that Max has (white) Lucas on the brain.

2-Fans are making edits of Max screaming for Lucas when she was being swallowed initially into that dark place. But while TPTB get points for having her yell out his name first both times, she also followed it up with Dustin's name each time around. I'm not trying to suggest TPTB are creating a love triangle, instead I am charging them with not wanting a white damsel in distress to be yearning for salvation exclusively from the hands of a black male. Think about it if it were Mike and Eleven. In that scenario do you think they would have Eleven scream out the name of any of the other boys OTHER than Mike? I sure don't.

3-After Max survives, the followup episode catches up with her and the gang with the reveal that the characters have started a round-the-clock watch on Max and Dustin has fallen asleep when he was supposed to be the one keeping a eye on her on his shift. The rest of them other than Nancy are asleep too. This leads to Nancy berating Dustin and the two of them quickly tracking Max down, leading to a quick conversation. Now considering how Lucas has been simping on Max I find it hard to believe that after almost losing her he would allow himself to even close his eyes, let alone take a nap. You damn know well those same writers would have had Mike glued to Eleven's hip as a protector. What's even worse is the fact that the very first conversation we see Max have after her near death experience is not with Lucas but with Dustin and Nancy.

4-In episode seven I believe after Max is finished being interrogated by the police she is unaware that Dustin, Lucas and Erica are planning some escape scheme. It would be so simple and easy for the first face for her to see would be Lucas'. But nope. Its Dustin's. He gives her a head nod to follow him. Now this is a small detail but it is still an example of this nonsense. Why not let Lucas be on the look out for her, why is it that so hard, doesn't Dustin get enough to do anyway? If you exchange Max and Dustin with Eleven and Mike, no way would this show have Lucas do such a thing in place of Mike. When it comes to the kid characters every big or small moment with Eleven must involve Mike if he is in the vicinity. Mike is a white male after all.

I've seen this done with bm/ww pairings forever. Even if a show commits to the relationship it will still likely downplay it as much as possible in order to hammer home that the white female character isn't that beholden to the black male.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Jeffrey Tripp

I've never been a fan of this particular relationship. And that goes all the back to when Max had to kiss Lucas and there was a big deal made about it either from the actress or her parents. The whole thing rub me the wrong way and then how the relationship has played out since makes it even worst

• List
  14. JamalSpunky

I think the issue was more with one of her parents and it purportedly had to do with her age and/or religious upbringing. Anyway the actress who.plays Max seems really committed to the Lucas-Max pairing based on some recent interviews and she is very tight with the actor who plays Lucas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. ColiBreh1

I finished season 1 of "Girls5eva" yesterday & now got this song fuccing stuck in my head:

16. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

Is this intentionally ironically bad? Or just bad bad?

17. JamalSpunky

18. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I can't see, it isn't available anymore

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I loved this series. Are any more seasons planned?

Ooops! I should have kept going back in the thread and I would have seen the answer to my question. The bummer is, I don't have Paramount+ LOL.

20. darkcurry

Wow! lol. Erotic, creepy and funny all in one.