BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I agree. This really isn't a good love triangle when 1 guy, Malcolm, is obviously the Alpha she really cares about & the white dude is the beta ex-bf she keeps in the friend zone. Notice how after Sam & Malcolm broke up, but before they got close again recently, the white ex-bf wanted a long-term 'ship with Sam, but Sam wasn't interested in anything more than Friends with benefits.

2. ColiBreh1

Good news!! Freeform has renewed "Single Drunk Female" for a 2nd season: https://tvline.com/2022/04/26/single-drunk-female-renewed-season-2-freeform/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It may be to soon to call this good news.
    Do we even know if James is coming back for season 2? They broke up in the season finale because of his relapse. This could definitely be an opportunity to do away with the wwbm relationship. It would be a crying shame tho. I really liked their relationship, and that's sayin something 'cause I usually can't stand slowburn relationships lol

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Can ya'll just tell me if they end up together in the finale lol. I ain't tryna jump back into this if they're just gonna waste my time LOL

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Can you say more about what went down (in SPOILER tags, of course!)? I'm deciding if I feel like catching up lol

7. ColiBreh1

Between my posts & @Jeffrey Tripp's post, there was enough non-spoiler details to convince you you get back into the show:

1. Malcolm is no longer mad at Sam about what lead to their break-up earlier in the season, and Sam & Malcolm have been getting closer again over the last few episodes.

2. This week's season penultimate episode was a strong episode if you're rooting for the Sam-Malcolm 'ship. The show seemed to be setting them up to be a potential power couple.

3. The love triangle is 1-sided AF in favor of Malcolm. Which is why you see Sam's white ex-bf packing to leave town in the promo for next week's season finale episode that I posted.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks that's really helpful. This is all good to see.

I'm still gonna let you tell me how the finale goes for them tho lol. If they end up good there, I'll catch up then. I'm greedy like that lol

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

So how did the season finale go? Are Sam and Malcolm happily booed up?

10. ColiBreh1

LOL, Bruh you haven't caught up yet?

The season finale ended on love triangle Cliffhanger.

11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Yeah but she did
    ask Malcolm out on a date so I just take it as Malcolm won lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nah bruh lol! I told you I was waiting until I found out how it ended. I don't have enough free time to waste on frustrating wwbm non-relationships lol

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I ain't about that love triangle life tho rofl!
    Break it down for me. Did Sam seem really conflicted or torn to you? Or is Malcolm her clear favorite?

14. ColiBreh1

When Sam asked Malcolm out it towards the end of the episode & everybody assumed the beta simp ex-BF had finally left. Beta Simp later comes back with flowers to Sam's Apartment at the same time Malcolm is there to pick-up Sam for the date. But Sam isn't home yet. So that's where the love triangle cliffhangs for the season.

Also a couple episodes ago, it was established that Malcolm don't fucc with Beta Simp. Malcolm basically told him that straight to his face. So you could legit see them get into a physical altercation over Sam.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

It always seem to me that Malcolm was the one she really wanted. You have to remember
    he broke up with her and then she came back and asked him out at the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I saw the finale and for a love triangle it was actually written pretty well from the black man's POV... but as I said before it is all in how they write these IR stories. The way it looks is not how they want it to actually be. That is the caution about it when they do these love triangles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Could you explain that a little bit? I'm not sure I'm following your point. It's been a long day lol

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the recon fellas. I guess I'll just have to give it a look and see if it makes me mad (have I mentioned that I hate love triangles?) LOL

19. ColiBreh1

Just watched this week's episode of "Legacies" (Season 4, Episode 17) and MG & Lizzie had their own storyline together in this episode, so we got plenty of MG-Lizzie moments in this episode for the 1st time since the winter break. But sure enough at the end of the episode, MG came up with lame excuses why him & Lizzie couldn't get together right now:

They really are gonna drag this out forever. Y'all know me, I prefer a slow burn to a 'ship I'm really rooting for. But this show has really dropped the ball when it came to the MG-Lizzie 'ship.

20. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Lame excuses? Approved by Supergirl