BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Me too but I'm just trying to put the show into perspective.

2. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Another kiss! Pretty surprised, mostly a BM/WW couple barely kisses twice on screen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jeffrey Tripp

What are you talking about? There have been plenty of intimate WW BM pairs on TV and in Movies.

4. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Another kiss! Pretty surprised, mostly a BM/WW couple barely kisses twice on screen.

I watched shows and movies, I guess you saw more...

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Weeknd-Sam Levinson HBO Series Getting Overhauled

An HBO music-industry drama from Grammy winner The Weeknd and Euphoria creator Sam Levinson is getting remixed.

HBO says the series, titled The Idol, will “adjust” its cast and crew to fit a new creative direction for the show: “The Idol’s creative team continues to build, refine, and evolve their vision for the show and they have aligned on a new creative direction,” the premium cable outlet said in a statement. “The production will be adjusting its cast and crew accordingly to best serve this new approach to the series. We look forward to sharing more information soon.”

Ordered to series in November 2021, The Idol follows a self-help guru and leader of a modern-day cult who develops a complicated relationship with an up-and-coming pop singer. The show is set in the world of the music industry in Los Angeles.

No details about which roles might be recast are available at the moment. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that The Idol has been in production and the changes will mean reshooting some material that’s already been filmed, but the show will continue after the creative overhaul.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That could be really good or really bad. We just don't know till we watch the show. Right now it's essentially both good *and* bad. It's Schrodinger's TV series lol!

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

After seeing some weeknd stans go in on some people over this story I decided to do some digging into the story. So here are one of reasons that Abel has with the show for the reason it's getting overhauled

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-idol-director-amy-seimetz-exits-hbo-1235009540/
    [​IMG]

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-idol-hbo-suzanna-son-1235010740/

[​IMG]

IMO I can see the show leading into the female perspective if she(Lily Rose-Depp) is the title character... and reading the synopsis it sounds like she is. But I understand what he is saying if that "too much" was literal and knowing how TV is with IR between bm/ww on screen we rarely get much of the black male perspective. Hell we rarely get it at all within black male characters in movies and TV and at times even when we are in a rare lead.

BUT maybe it was not a good idea to hire a director(Seimetz) that came from a female lead show where she is used to giving the female perspective of things(the girlfriend experience). She most certainly wouldn't know anything about the black male perspective and I don't really trust the euphoria director Levinson to understand it as well. Abel should've made sure there were people behind this that have at least SOME experience in giving male especially black male perspectives in film and TV.

Now knowing the details of this I suspect that this is the reason behind the Mr. & Mrs Smith TV project recasting and other creative changes. Some folks may have been upset about it being from a male perspective including the former lead actress. Hollywood is nutty like that enough to believe it. lol.

8. Jeffrey Tripp

Black man standing up for himself I love it. People think of us a low hanging fruit and think they can portray us however or treat us as an afterthought. Hell like you said even said even when we are supposed to be the lead. These White women be trying to mask their racial bias behind some feminist bullshit so I'm glad Abel said fuck that. But he should have hired a Black person in that position particularly a brotha. If you have that kind of power use it.

Oh to address Levinson seeing the way he treated the Mckay character on Euphoria the thought of him being involved in this make my skin crawl.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

In case y'all haven't been keeping with the current season 4 of "All American", Billy & Laura moved into Billy's childhood home in South Central L.A. & live there full time now:

Their 2 kids (along with the other main younger characters on the show) are college freshmen now (or not going to school). As you can see in the 2nd & 3rd clip, their Daughter (along with 3 other main younger female characters) lives at their Beverly Hills home without them.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh for real? I'm way off. I thought they got divorced. I just assumed they'd quietly write the pretty white ex off the show lol.

So they're still a couple? I tuned out on this show 'cause I thought they were through (same way I did with Dynasty actually). I was about to catch up last season. Thanks for the update

11. ColiBreh1

They got back together towards the end of last season:

LMAO. They were separated, but there was never talk about divorce. I always felt they would eventually get back together because how much screentime they still shared & their 2 kids being major characters on the show. I can't believe you thought they were gonna end up like the IR on "Empire".

EDIT:

@qaz1 You should definitely get back into show. The show has found it's groove & the current season 4 is probably my favorite season.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely give it another look. Where do you recommend I jump back in? I didn't even finish season 1 lol

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yo that's EXACTLY what I thought ROFL!

14. darkcurry

Although I would like to see more black male showrunners they just needed someone with experience and who is trustworthy is enough. Female directors like Melissa Rosenberg(showrunner of Jessica Jones) Gina Prince-Bythewood(who Directed the first episode of Cloak & Dagger) Molly Breeskin (Sorry For Your Loss and Players) all would've been good choices whom have experience with focusing on the black male lead and IR.

15. darkcurry

This provides some insight into Mo Mcrae's character on The Flight Attendant and his role on the show with Cassie played by Kaley Cuoco

Warning NSFW Spoilers
    Scene from episode 4

It "wasn't" her if you follow the wild plot of this season

Have no idea where they'll put them from there.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Jeffrey Tripp

I was hoping something would happen between them, at first I wasn't too sure that it would. They look good together.

17. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Looks so good! Love it!

18. ColiBreh1

Might as well just start where you left off.

What's this "Players" show that Molly Breeskin did?

19. ColiBreh1

Just watched this week's season penultimate episode of "Good Sam". It was a good Sam-Malcolm episode. Looks the show is setting them up to be a potential power couple.

But watching this promo for next week's season finale episode, looks like the triangle is gonna be played up:

• List
  20. Jeffrey Tripp

Maybe I'm misreading things but she don't really seem to care about the White guy as much and was kind of using him. It seems Malcolm is definitely being set up as her guy.