BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This one hurt lol. Some of y'all may know how much I hate those "slow burn" couplings, but this one actually made perfect sense.

And James' falling off the wagon, and her unwillingness to pick him over her sobriety, made sense too.

It stings, but I choose to see this as a positive sign. This is a wwbm couple where both characters were treated as fully-developed regular people. And no love triangles lol! They truly cared for each other but that disease got in the way.

My hope would be that bro cleans up so they can still be together. But I'm not even sure this show is getting another season.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone kept up with Good Sam on CBS? I haven't seen the two most recent episodes.

Last I watched....
    Sam still wanted to be the with the black dude (I forget his name), but he said he needed time to work through the drama with his mom. :rolleyes:

This is some of the weakest, most contrived BS I've seen on a show in a while. I fully hate love triangles, and this one is lame on an epic scale.

But.... I love the positive Black portrayals, and Sophia Bush is GORGEOUS (seriously never seen her look better), so I hope against hope it'll work out somehow lol

Can someone fill me in? I don't wanna waste my time watching if it'll just frustrate me lol

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the Peacock show girsl5eva here.

[​IMG]

It's about the surviving members of a girl group that try to get back on top in their 40s. It's a Tina Fey show, so you'll probably like it if you're into that 30 Rock or Kimmy Schmidt type of humor. I personally think it's really funny.

Anyway the lead character is played by actual singer Sara Bareilles.
    [​IMG]

Her husband is played by Daniel Breaker, who was in the play Hamilton and is currently on Billions.
    [​IMG]
    (He's with his wife, Kate Whoriskey, here)

He's in 4 episodes in season 1. They have a really solid relationship and a son.
    He gets insecure about her going back into the spotlight, and she goes out of her way to reassure him. But he's supportive, and they still get it on lol. Never any hint of break up or.... *holding back the vomit* love triangle.

The first episodes of season 2 drop a month from today. Hopefully things stay good with them.
    [​IMG]

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

@qaz1 Its a peacock show and that is an easy streamer to skip lol.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You ain't lying lol!

I would recommend this.... If you like that type of humor, just wait till all of season 2 is up and binge the whole show. I think it costs maybe $5 a month. You can binge all of season 1 right now. Just cancel after you're done with the show.

But Midnight, Texas (an absolute wwbm classic!) is streaming there, and I kinda like the Bel Air reboot.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just saw the official trailer for The Flight Attendant and we might have been bamboozled into thinking there was an bm/ww IR in it. Not only is Mo Mcrae no where to be found or even mentioned in the trailer but the guy playing her boyfriend is played out like a pretty solid relationship with no hint of a breakup. They made this (semi)big news about him being on the show including Kaley Cuoco taking a BTS pic with him and posting it on her IG and didn't even put him in the trailer.

I'm not posting the trailer here because it doesn't fit the thread. lol. But you guys can check it out yourself. I will be SHOCKED if he is not only in it but is a love interest because it is one of those trailers where pretty much both the main plot and subplots are in it heavy.

7. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Basically Sophia's character and Black dude had a falling out and he broke up wit her. She ended having sex with White dude but it seems she just using him for sex she doesn't seem to want anything deeper with him. If I was a betting man I would say it's not over between her and Black dude. Not that it matters because this show will probably get cancelled. But at least I got to see Sophia's fine ass with a brotha.

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Sophia Bush is 39 IRL. No way is she's finer now than in her "One Tree Hill" days, LOL.

You're forgetting I already posted the trailer for the upcoming season 2 of "The Flight Attendant" in this thread like a couple weeks ago. You even commented on it. Did you forget that?

Anyways the trailer could just be hiding Mo McRae's character significate on the show. According to IMDB, he's appears in 7 out of the 8 total episodes of season 2.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Called it

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Knew it. These shows aren't even trying to be original. Even if this show wasn't about to be cancelled, they wouldn't have those two end up together. These writers are predictable hacks.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I never really watched that show, so I really can't say. This is the first time I've really paid attention to her. Plus I'm one of those guys who thinks some women look better as they age. I'm weird like that

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Did a thread search & I'm surprised there's never been a mention of the old UPN sitcom "Cuts", which was a spinoff of another UPN sitcom "One on One", starring Marques Houston & Shannon Elizabeth. There was definitely a long-term "Will They, Won't They" vibe to their lead characters on the show, but we never got to see them get together because the show got cancelled after only 2 seasons.

I guess that is an example of why @qaz1 & others in this thread hate when a show drags a "Will They, Won't They" for several seasons.

13. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

YEP, that´s exactly why, on others "Will they, won´t they" you know it´s probably gonna happen, but on WW/BM will/won´t you really don´t know and probably won´t.

Writers should at least let WW/BM first kiss on final season 1, cause they don´t know if show´s gonna be renewed. It´s pretty annoying on this ships this because of that, writers waste A LOT of chances, even final season sometimes. And even if they kiss it´s probably gonna be cancelled or they will break up, like it mostly happens on these couples.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I remember Cuts! I was never sure if they would actually put the main stars of that show together, but they did have some wwbm action. I couldn't remember names, so I looked it up for y'all....
    [​IMG]
    Beatrice Rosen played the character Faith, who ended up in a pretty passionate thing with one of the black side characters. I honestly don't remember which dude lol. If I recall right, they were still together when the series ended. I think it started in season 2.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

The fact that too many shows end before the characters get together is a big part of why I hate drawn out "will they/won't they" for sure. But it's actually not the main reason I don't like it.

The main reason I hate that stuff is because I would simply rather see a healthy and compelling wwbm relationship than just a "potential" or "future" relationship. We so rarely get to see that tho. Maybe some of those cancelled shows would have developed into that, who knows?

That's why I think writers are fools to save all of the "good stuff" for later seasons. This includes cliffhangers btw, which I also hate passionately LOL. But I'm just ranting now....

16. Jeffrey Tripp

One of the worst examples of that is Cloak and Dagger, I'm still a little ticked about that. The leads had great chemistry what a waste.

17. darkcurry

No that was the teaser. The full trailer was released yesterday.

18. Jeffrey Tripp

I don't know if any of you watch Chicago Med but
    In the most recent episode Dr. Scott kissed a cute blonde undercover cop named Melina

19. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Gladly I didn´t saw that show, but still pretty annoying knowing that. Cloak and Dagger are a couple on comics, they even wasted their cameo and last appearance on TV on that other Marvel series, they could have let them kiss there, but it didn´t happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry