BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

There is a well articulated article I seen a few years ago that describes this very thing. I can't think of it right now but maybe you know what I'm talking about. Interesting enough her movie The Vouyeurs played out similarly.

The key thing about the Weeknd's show is that it is a black male lead show so it is very interesting how this show will play out.

2. darkcurry

Stella Stevens, Jacqueline Bisset, Margot Robbie, AnnaLynne McCord, Elizabeth Olsen, Phoebe Dynevor, Hilary Duff are some of the exceptions I can think of right now.

But Melissa Joan Hart DID have a black love interest on her show Sabrina The Teenage Witch

(Donald Faison)
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  4. Jeffrey Tripp

Melissa Joan Hart kiss Donald Faison on teenaged witch, the relationship didn't last long but it happened. And it's funny because she just recently said in a interview that Faison is who she would want as a love interest in one of these Christmas movies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jeffrey Tripp

We all know it's a rarity I just thought it was important to point out that it happens.

6. Jeffrey Tripp

Haley Atwell, Anna Paquin, Sarah Hyland, Alexandra Daddario, Olivia Wilde, Kristen Bell, Tiffani Theisen, Krysten Ritter, Jessica Lowndes, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Walsh, Nina Dorbrev, Kristen Stewart, Dakota Johnson, Kate Hudson, Julia Stiles, Ellen Barkin to name a few.

7. darkcurry

Well Anna Paquin was one considered "past her prime" and waited til she was old. But some of those other names are ones I can remember now as well. Including Ms Atwell. Did you see All Is By My Side? :)

8. Jeffrey Tripp

Yeah I saw it and Andre 3000 is a lucky fella. lol

9. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I would also suggest that often white female celebs, or non-black female celebs, won't have a real life black boyfriend/lover until they are past their "prime" too.

Is it all intentional so far as being cast alongside black men? hard to say. certainly we know of a couple examples in which a white actress turned down a part when a black man was cast or chosen as a replacement to the previous slotted white male star. But we can't prove that was because of race, only suspect. Also let us not forget that more often than not the casting decisions aren't being made by actors. There could have been dozens of white actresses who would have never had any issue having a black male love interest but it never happened because Hollywood tends to not put black men in the proximity of white women on screen. Not to mention that there have been white actresses who did have clout who personally requested or went to bat for a black actor whom they wanted as a co-lead.

10. Jeffrey Tripp

I think more often than not White actresses are down with having a Black male love interest but sometimes it's out of their control.

11. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Y'all still think they gonna New Amsterdam this 'ship on "Good Sam"?

On last week's episode (Season 1, Episode 3), they established Edwin Hodge's Father, who is both a big money donor & the chairman of the board of the hospital, is not feelin' Edwin's 'ship with Sophia Bush. Fortunately Edwin stood up for their 'ship to his father at the end of the episode:

& on this week's episode (Season 1, Episode 4) despite Edwin Hodge & Sophia Bush's characters having their 1st bedroom scene, the episode heavily played up the triangle involving Sophia Bush's ex & subordinate colleague:

13. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

They do make it feel pretty clear that she tells Edwin he has no reason to be threatened, and the white guy is made to look pretty insecure and unthreatening. But it is TV and the fact that they are even teasing a triangle means there will be one. But I think Edwin should be in good shape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Jeffrey Tripp

Yeah I got a feeling Edwin gonna come out on top in this one. Sophia character has made it pretty clear she don't want the ex. Actually the White ex come off a little like somebody who can't take a hint.

15. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

Yeah this is one of the rare times where they made you felt good about the black guy involved in the love triangle.

But here we are once again with the IR between the black man and the white woman having great chemistry! Sam & Malcom is what we hoped out of David & Kristen(EVIL). No need to ruin this. I'm enjoying Sophia and Edwin's chemistry with their characters.

17. darkcurry

Didn't know my boy Sam Richardson was in this.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yo....When Malcolm's Father had that disapproval look on his face earlier in last week's episode, was I the only person worried that the show was gonna pull a "series premiere of New Amsterdam" & make his disapproval of Malcolm & Sam's 'ship be about race?

LOL! I can't get over that series premiere & 1st season of "New Amsterdam". You know how fans of TV shows will talk about how a 'ship on a TV show is "forced"? Well "New Amsterdam" is probably the 1st tv show where I seen 'ship not happening was "forced".

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  19. darkcurry

Same. lol.

20. Jeffrey Tripp

Speaking of David and Kristen I'm looking forward to what they do with them in season 3. Where do they go from the kiss?