BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

From my understanding the musical episode and the first couple of episodes were actually suppose to be apart of last season but due to world events they pushed got pushed to this season. The episode where MG and Alyssa got together was originally the season finale. The breakup happened off screen.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just watched this week's episode of "New Amsterdam" (Season 3, Episode 3) a few hours ago. The show finally broke-up the engagement between Floyd & Evie at the end of the episode. After the episode, that meaww.com entertainment blog I told you about during last season is back to rooting for Floyd & Lauren: https://meaww.com/new-amsterdam-season-3-episode-4-dr-floyd-reynolds-back-for-good-evie-heartbreak

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

Looks like the male co-lead of "Bridgerton" just won the NAACP Image Awards for Best Actor in a TV drama series:

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Didn't see that coming at all. Especially since black forums haven't really been supportive of bm/ww relationships lately. Congrats to him. Was she(Phoebe Dynevor) nominated too? lol.

5. ColiBreh1

I just checked on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52nd_NAACP_Image_Awards

Of course not, LOL

6. ColiBreh1

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean his career has gone nuclear but that seems real weird considering how popular he was and that he is the next seasons's main characters best friend.

This is the problem with 1 season contracts but given the plots of the books, not sure why you wouldnt lock him down for two seasons. Sure the leads rotate to one Bridgerton and their paramour each season (or book) but again considering Simon is Anthony's best friend you expect 2 Years.

8. darkcurry

They should've fixed that to bring him back for at least 2 more seasons because now people are UPSET! This reminds me of what happened with legacies where the black male character(Raf) became the favorite male character and the main hearthrob among the female fanbase over the white guy. They didn't know what to do so they took him off air and the fans were NOT feeling that and the ratings experienced a drop after those episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. This has to be the greatest IR scene of all time...Jennifer O'Dell and Christopher Kirby. From The Lost World - The Prisoner.

IMG_2157.jpg IMG_2166.jpg IMG_2168.jpg IMG_2145.jpg IMG_2156.jpg

They even recently did an IG Live together!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CArHk9lJ1tx/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

Just got done watching this week's episode of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" (Season 2, Episode 8):

Based on the cliffhanger to end the episode, looks like Zoey & Simon finally got together.

11. darkcurry

I haven't been watching because the premise got too much for me. lol. But the last episode I skimmed by one night was her and Max loved up. So I guess they broke up judging by the preview. But is this more so of a jealousy angle they're playing where she is just trying to make Max jealous of her being with Simon which is why she told him that. lol. The preview played out that way.

12. ColiBreh1

Nah it isn't a jealously angle. Zoey & Max broke-up/paused their 'ship several episodes ago. Since than the show has slowly gotten Zoey & Simon closer together again. So much so, Zoey tells Max about it in the episode & they have an argument about it. Also Max has a new love interest as seen in the promo, who happens to also be a long time friend he grew up with.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. darkcurry

That's the thing. Why are they arguing about her dating Simon? Max is in a relationship. What does he care? You really going to make me have to watch this episode aren't you. LOL!

14. ColiBreh1

You might as well watch go ahead & watch the episode, lol. Zoey & Max weren't arguing about her dating Simon (The whole episode builds up to Zoey & Simon getting together in the final scene), they were arguing partially because Zoey realized she has feelings for Simon again. Max isn't officially in a 'ship with his new love interest yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Don't fall for it! That ain't great at all lol. I mean it starts out alright, but really it's exactly what people on this board complain about all the time. :rolleyes:

The only black dude in the whole episode is not just physically imposing, he's literally a superhuman giant. But he still manages to be defeated by the hand of the white guys who knew he was up to no good all along.

And how did these mere mortals manage to defeat this immortal? They did it by exploiting his fatal weakness: an insatiable lust for white women.

Edit: Also don't miss that he never successfully gets with either of the women he pursues! Lol c'mon this isn't worth admiring is it?

Am I really the only one seeing this??? Lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

Just saw this promo for to the CBS sitcom "B Positive":

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  17. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah what is that the 90s or 80s lol that is a good as it got then lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

Is that Meghan Trainor? lol.

19. ColiBreh1

Nah according to Wikipedia, the female co-lead character, Gina, is played by Annaleigh Ashford. Eli, the BM character, is played by Terrence Terrell.

• List
  20. darkcurry

Yeah I figured that wasn't actually her but you never know. lol. She favors her in that preview though.

• List