BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Slowly. There are still some things behind the scenes with some folks that aren't liking this, but with audiences it has grew exponentially and that will make it hard for studios NOT to stare away from it because there is money to be made. Also Netflix's other big hit that has an IR couple in it The Midnight Sky is very popular as well.

I seen this when Gal Gadot posted this news about WW84, that Bridgerton and The Midnight Sky is in the top 5 with well over a billion minutes viewed.
    [​IMG]

And I seen this information about Lupin and it's popularity
    https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-l...inal-show-in-more-than-a-year-english-french/
    Non-Netflix movies and shows also been big hits. But we would be REMISSED to not mention the popularity The Good Place in which I think really started the shift.

But I must say I'am still shocked at how popular Bridgerton has got.

2. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

Removed ???
    Its not on USA netflix??

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Meaning outside the USA experience

4. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

I don't get it, aren't both series popular in the States?

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What's "Lupin"?

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well Lupin is a famous series of french novels about a thief. Lupin on Netflix is about a black dude inspired by the Lupin adventures who becomes a master thief to get revenge and find out why his father died in prison after being convicted as a a thief. He is also kinda of in a love triangle or was in one.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Leave it to the Brits and the French to lead the way. Again.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessarily call Bridgerton foreign. It was based on a book series from an American author and is produced by Shonda Rhimes.

9. orejon4

Duly noted. I thought it was the Brits given the whole Victorian look and feel.

10. The Dark King

Where is the setting and what's the nationality of the actors? I don't even have to IMDB it to know most are from Europe or Canada especially the leads. It's all in the formula fam

11. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I think the same when you hear Shonda its a US product. The series is number 1 in 189/190 countries it's shown by Netflix. Only Japanese people don't love it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I know the actors and setting are British, but like Game Of Thrones the author and producers being American means that the story and character designs have somewhat of an American perspective.

13. The Dark King

Not what we're talking about fam
    Just saying the IR lead aspect is only done with foreign talent. It only gets wide spread attention with foreign talent

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think I understand what you're saying. I was making a different point.

15. orejon4

Speaking of US productions, I know it's probably been discussed to death on this forum, but has anyone been watching 'Evil' with Katja Herbers of the Netherlands and Mike Coulter (aka Luke Cage)? I'm binge-watching Season 1 and loving it thus far.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I watched it is a very weird series but yeah they have absurd chemistry.

17. orejon4

I agree. They interact as if they’ve been together in real life.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Use the search function within this this thread. We discussed "Evil" while Season 1 aired during last TV season.

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think that also has to do with Mike Colter. He has great steamy chemsitry with Kristen Ritter and Rosario Dawson as well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. orejon4

yeah, the scenes with Kristen Ritter/Jessica Jones were pretty convincing.

Thanks for the heads up.