BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

You may have convinced me to give this show a chance.

2. JamalSpunky

Oh, shit. Sarah Snook and her perfect ass!?! Negro, why didn't you just lead with that?:D

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who is Sarah Snook?

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

NOS4A2
    Based on Joe Hill's New York Times best-selling novel of the same name, "NOS4A2" is a different kind of vampire story. It follows Vic McQueen, a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. This ability puts her on a collision course with the evil and immortal Charlie Manx. Manx is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children and then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland -- a twisted place of Manx's imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims -- without losing her mind or falling victim to him.

Lou Carmody & Vic Mcqueen(played by Ashleigh Cummings and Jonathan Langdon)
    "An adult Vic had a relationship with Lou and gave birth to a son, Bruce Wayne Carmody..."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(BTW Child is not biologically his she was already pregnant when they got together.)
    [​IMG]

Trailer for season 1

New Season starts this Sunday on AMC(ignore the June 21 date at the end. lol.)

Jonathan's character Lou Carmody was bumped up to season regular so he and their relationship is featured in the season 2 trailer.

Cool names. Interesting story. Neat take on vampire tales. I'll try to binge the first season this week to catch up. :)

Ashleigh Cummings is Australian btw. Now I'm beginning to notice a pattern.

EDIT: Season 2 is resuming on 8/16 with episode 9.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  5. JamalSpunky

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Just be patient . . . or start at episode #3 so your patient and attention span isn't exhausted before episode 4 when the storylines are more developed and get better. If you begin and skip ahead to "Cursed" episode 3 you will probably enjoy the season more . . . without falling asleep waiting for things to finally evolve. Trust me :)

7. Young Herschel

I started watching this last night . . . and I love it. A dark skinned brotha (Myles) who is not being stereotyped and gets to be the lust/love interest of the sexier sister (Blair) of the twins! I'm loving the development of their relationship as will you as it is like TPTB at Netflix have heard our complaints about the persistent "gay black guy" permeating their programming. "Teenage Bounty Hunters" has been a humorous and engaging ride so far five episodes in.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. darkcurry

As I said before about Netflix they have more IR between bm/ww in their movies and TV shows(even though they cancels most of them) than most other streaming sites and networks. So I don't think they will be stopping with the gay black male characters because they are trying to be diverse whether it's political pandering or sincere. Think about it how many times have we mentioned a show or a movie with IR in it and it came from Netflix.
    I can deal with Netflix doing that because they will also accept movies & TV shows with IR in them. CURSED is one of the few shows on TV that have the lead involved in a bm/ww IR relationship.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks for the info. Definitely let me know how that goes through the end of the season (don't forget spoiler tags for people who don't wanna know everything! lol). I don't have time for another show that starts out well but just ends up in cliché-town LOL

10. Young Herschel

I see on the cable set top box and the Verizon remote as being available on Showtime now.

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I never noticed that, but you may be on to something.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Any updates on this show? Did the brother hang on to the end lol?

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for turning me on to this show! I binged season 1, and I'm a couple episodes into season 2. I'm loving the relationship between these two. Hopefully he'll survive and she'll realize how good she's got it with him lol.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It's a fantasy tv show and not reality, so I am sure everything will work out just fine. I finished episode 9 this morning.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully. But bmww relationships have a way of not surviving entire tv seasons intact lol. And this one is especially rare because dude is in a serious relationship with the show's lead. Good to hear they're still okay through episode 9 though!

16. darkcurry

NOS4A2 season 2 has been a sleeper hit of the summer. I'm sorry I missed most of it because I didn't even know about it until a week ago. But I have been satisfied with late night binging of this show that has been very good. I love the creative take on the characters' powers. They are described as 'strong creatives that could tear the fabric between the Real World and the World of Thought.' Neat!
    Snapshot 10 (8-19-2020 1-36 AM).png

As I have said before Vic and Lou's relationship only started in the season finale of season 1, but this season they are a couple that have been together for 8 years so she has been with him since she was 18 and most of her adult life. Rare for a bm/ww couple on TV.
    [​IMG]

This is another show that deals with the supernatural but with relatable familiar people. They kind of took the TWD approach where none of these characters are completely good but at the same time they are not completely bad.

Vic Mcqueen(Love that name) is no saint but mainly do to the torment of Charlie Manx. We find out in season 2 she grew up to be a drunk just like her Father. But in the spirit of keeping these characters authentic she absolutely LOVES her nerdy biker boyfriend Lou Carmody(Love that name) and their son(his adopted son) Bruce Wayne Mcqueen(Love that name. lol). Her friend who she lost her virginity to in season 1 that died in the back of Charlie Manx's wraith was the father.

Snapshot 5 (8-19-2020 1-30 AM).png Snapshot 4 (8-19-2020 1-29 AM).png Snapshot 3 (8-19-2020 1-29 AM).png Snapshot 6 (8-19-2020 1-30 AM).png
    She screws up with Lou but nothing involving her cheating just her drinking and paranoia of Charlie Manx and their son being in danger. But they fight through it and have declared their love for each other. In episode 4 "The Lake House" She was afraid that Lou was going to leave her and her Father gave her advice that if she wanted him then 'fight for him'. And that's what she did throughout the rest of the season.
    Snapshot 7 (8-19-2020 1-34 AM).png Snapshot 8 (8-19-2020 1-35 AM).png

If you like unique supernatural, horror-esque scifi shows that doesn't give you cliche hero vs villian moments, has cool ass names, unique storytelling and a rare REAL IR relationship between two people of everyday life then give it a shot. Vic & Lou can be a couple that you have probably met before or someone from your family's gf or bf if they date outside their race. The season finale airs this Sunday.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Jigga521

Jigga521 New Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Ummm... I feel like maybe this is a joke going over my head. Maybe you should try your hand at writing those romance novels tho LOL

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I've been watching this since season 1. I think it was Joe Hill, Stephen King's son who created this.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  20. darkcurry

Yes. I didn't even know that was his son.