BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Showtime just dropped their 1st trailer for "We Hunt Together":

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"Cursed" on Netflix ~

I'm trying to be honest here . . . I really struggled through the first three episodes because the writing was so bland and uninspired. It did pick up significantly beginning episode 5 (episode four the story blossoms truly) with the introduction of a new threat/contender we recognize from "Game of Thrones". Hope to see much more of how his storyline interacts with the major plots. Plus the influence of the Holy See gets introduced as well which is an added element of intrigue and entertainment.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  3. Young Herschel

I felt the writing begin to get better in episode THREE but I am worried for this new series because most and many subscribers don't have the patience to persevere thru very long episodes while struggling to stay awake honestly. I'm up to episode seven which I will start tonight and there really is a substantial improvement mid-season if you can push thru episodes of dull and uneven writing (comparatively to other shows of Mature Adult medieval fantasy like "Camelot" , "Game of Thrones" or "The Witcher").

Jump ahead to episode four after first watching the pilot is my recommendation :)

The struggle is real with "Cursed" . . . but things pick up some in episode four with the multiple characters so have faith or start "Cursed" at episode THREE lol.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm almost done with it. GoT and Witcher it is NOT! lol. I don't know why some were comparing it to those shows, but I do love the backstory of this show being about the emergence of a young King Arthur. Pretty good storytelling overall and good action. This show so far is more open to showing gore than sex(which I never understood but whatever.).

My only problem with the show so far is King Arthur being black because I have not seen anywhere that suggested him to be of darker skin. The only thing I have seen that some of his knights were black. Unless anyone else can find anything that I haven't been able to.

I really hope we start getting shows and movies of ancient stories in human history where it's been either proven or documented that there have been black people like Mansa Musa, Cinaed and Dub Mac, King of Scotland, Yasuke, Septimius Severus, ect.

Race-bending is unnecessary when we DO have ancient stories both real and mythological about black people out there. Just ignored.

5. Young Herschel

Sadly :( its not even as engaging and compelling as Starz's "Camelot" of 2010 honestly :( It could be soooo much more manageable if they had taken bolder steps in writing the first few episodes where things just don't flow together as fluidly as they should for a project with the tradition that Netflix has demonstrated on other projects ( Cursed episode four which is really a GREAT improvement overall again begins to showcase more entertainment).

Here!! Here!! I'm in a semi-active twitter campaign to get Netflix to put their #BlackLivesMatter policy in the post Floyd era into substantive action.

I've proposed they reconsider ending the "Medici" series at just three seasons when we are on the cusp of the Medici papacy and the subsequent reign of their descendants . . . the Black Medici: The first Black monarchy in European history. Imagine the tales of love, lives of lust, the treasures and treasons, the treaties and political intrigue of life in the halls of St. Peter as Europe's first Black monarch ~Alessandro de Medici (future Duke of Florence & future Duke of Penne) rises to prominence!!

It would surpass Showtime's "The Borgia's" (who happened to be a Vatican rival of both future Medici popes) and in this era of BLM these seasons could easily run for years to come . . . on the added fuel of the age of female empowerment . . . down to the original Catherine the Great ~ Alessandro's sister ("Reign" of the CW) Catherine de Medici!!

EDIT: I have just re-watched "Cursed" episode three ~ "Alone" and it is not as sleep-inducing as I originally thought; it DOES provide some valuable background information about the key characters in the season overall and has some entertainment value when watched in succession with the subsequent episodes of "Cursed" which are superior to "Alone" but it effectively supports with very good storytelling character development and background info.
    So if you start at "Alone" (episode three of "Cursed") hopefully it will help your viewing experience overall to avoid the doldrums and stay engaged in what does become an entertaining medieval fantasy.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • List
  6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

"Africans have lived in Britain since the Roman empire. When a leading historian confirmed this, she was vilified"

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ple-presence-in-british-history-for-centuries

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Young Herschel

Anyone with a good high school education should have learned about Roman colonies throughout the empire so its sad when some people act so stupid (SMDH). Yes the Roman Empire spanned North Africa and the British Isles . . . read a historical map lol!! Those white nationalists act so offended when we appear in medieval movies or cable shows like we weren't mariners and merchants throughout the Mediterranean and also military men in Roman legions or even independent contractors like mercenaries who could swing a sword with the best of them if provided the proper instruction.

There is a tribute statute to the Christian knights of Nubia who served Charlemagne (Charles the Great) in the 9th century named Saint Maurice so yes we were in Europe during the Dark Ages it should really come as little surprise.

8. ColiBreh1

I'm pretty sure King Arthur is a fictional character

9. meowkittenmeow

He is, which is one of many reasons why it doesn’t matter. I posted it because many people are misinformed about black people/africans in england and their history. That is no one’s fault other than white supremacy and revisionist history. So, I figured the info might be beneficial to Darkcurry and everyone else for future reference.

10. darkcurry

I should've been a little more clearer. I thought he was based on a real character. Like how (the whitewashed)Lone Ranger was based on a real character.

11. meowkittenmeow

Oh, ok, no worries. Sometimes they take fictional characters but base them heavily on real people. I get it.

12. ColiBreh1

"Stumptown" has replaced 1 of their co-showrunners with a big name in Monica Owusu-Breen:

https://tvline.com/2020/07/25/stumptown-new-showrunner-season-2-monica-owusu-breen-abc/

13. darkcurry

With a resume like that that's a good hire.

14. darkcurry

Finished watching CURSED and surprisingly there were no love triangles, no break ups, no lack of depth with the black male love interest and they love each other. So you know what that means... Netflix will cancel this show. lol/jk they renewed it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was surprised in how much they invested in not only their story but his as well with him showing signs of the Tried & True warrior and leader which we know he'll soon become. The season finale did leave one question up in the air, but she's the star of the show so I think we will see more of them in season 2.

My favorite female character in the show however is not Nimue it's her newly archenemy Iris.(played by Emily Coates)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She reminds me of an evil Arya Stark. I love the way they developed her character.

Overall the show is pretty good. My only problems that were some-what bothersome is 1) It doesn't know what type of program it wants to deliver. It's like at times they don't know whether to be a Dark fantasy drama or a disney fairy tale. lol. 2) They could do without some characters that are unnecesary. Some should've maybe bit the dust in season 1. And 3) The score could've been a little better as well. I did like the theme song int he intro though.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Upcoming Netflix TV show: Teenage Bounty Hunters (awful, awful name).

Not my cup of tea but maybe some IR going on. 52 seconds into the trailer and you'll see what I mean.

Is that really my boy Kadeem Hardison?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

I just checked the wikipedia page for this "Teenage Bounty Hunters" show. The young black male character in the trailer name is Miles Taylor (He's played by Myles Evans) is supposed be the love interest for Anjelica Bette Fellini's character Blair Wesley. So you were correct.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I might watch this just because of the absurd title. Is that Kadeem Hardison? He's one of those actors I never envisioned as growing old.

The online buzz about this show is palpable. Your comments have clinched it: I'm adding it to the queue. For some reason, I had the feeling that this was like that Charlie Hunnam King Arthur vehicle of a couple of years back, and was hesitant about jumping on the bandwagon.

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I actually just watched the trailer on Netflix itself. I couldn't tell if he was a real love interest, or if he was just a joke thrown in to spice up the trailer. Thanks for shedding some light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

AMC's New Series, Soulmates

This six-part episodic anthology will examine the nature of romantic love.

Set fifteen years into the future, science has developed something that changes the lives of everyone on the planet-a test that tells you who your soulmate is!

Each of the six episodes will feature a different cast and explore an entirely new story around discovering (or opting not to discover) the results of this new test and the impact of those results on a myriad of relationships.

The cast includes Malin Akerman (Watchmen), Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things), Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad), Sarah Snook (Succession), Sonya Cassidy (Lodge 49), Shamier Anderson (Wynonna Earp), and Kingsley Ben-Adir (The OA).

Soulmates premieres Sunday, Oct. 5th on AMC.

The network has renewed it for a second season ahead of its debut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://bit.ly/31D4bYm

• Like Like x 4
    • List
  20. darkcurry

Some of my faves producing and starring in this. Looking forward to seeing the trailer to see how this goes.