BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You think so? I need more data. One show comes off as a fluke to me not a trend

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I feel ya. But this one show isn't nothing. No I don't have hard data to back me up, but I don't believe The Good Place is succeeding *in spite of* the Eleanor/Chidi relationship. At the very least, it's not turning viewers off in significant numbers.

But yeah, more data would be good to see.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That musical show Zoey's Playlist sets up what could be the next Eleanor and Chidi relationship. The pilot was okay my only problems with it was they teased the main character's personality so it was hard to really get a feel for her. On the surface everything was sweet, but they kept it on the surface and I learned my lesson in trusting the surface of character's lol. And the whole triple love triangle possibility. As @ColiBreh1 and BGS IBMOR pointed out her friend that likes her comes off as laughable for a love interest for her because of how feminine and best friend vibes he gives. She didn't seem that pleased to find out he loved her based on her facial expressions. lol.

The black male character, Simon on the show is strong and already very likable to the female audience and even though his relationship with his fiancee is kind of rocky they did give him a beautiful love interest so this brotha got spoiled with Jane Levy and India de Beaufort viaing for him on this show.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That can't screw that up right? lol.

I think NBC is looking for that next Cheleanor and maybe this is it. Like I said the pilot was okay. If it gets better and they scratch that ridiculous possibility of her effeminate best friend as a lover that people online didn't even like I'll check it out after The Good Place ends and see where they go with that. They put the pilot on youtube so you guys can watch it here and judge for yourself.

The shows that I and others have mentioned on the board as I said before should be the shows we spend time on in this thread because as long as there is an audience that could be duped or even like it themselves there will always be those kind of people in Hollywood that is bothered by a straight black male as the white woman's or non-white woman's true love... BUT we have those in hollywood that does give us authentic and well written IR love stories so we just have to keep supporting those and keep people up to date on these shows.

So far the current shows are:
    The Good Place(2 episodes left)
    Soundtrack
    Tell Me A Story
    Carnival Row
    The Witcher
    Nancy Drew
    (even though they are currently pushing him with the asian chick)

and I'm sure I'm missing some others you guys know about. So we have to be realistic and support and hold onto the IR relationships we do have as with the Cheleanor relationship. Folks WILL be looking for that next type of relationship because of how strongly it is received from viewers, so we have to keep that strong!

Unfortunately there will always be those in hollywood that will give their bigoted view of black men in IR relationships no matter how much audiences show their disdain for it. And we could just chalked them up to being racist. Because if the audience is giving you a thumbs down on it but they keep doing it ACTING like it's popular they are showing that they don't give a fuck. So it's useless to pay them any mind.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

8E6EBC80-5B15-4B89-A015-5A60F0C1CE55.png

Marketing still for the penultimate episode of The Good Place.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

• List
  6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

That sucks. I hope they find another platform. To be honest, Facebook did a shitty job of figuring out how to deliver their service.

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

8. Young Herschel

^^"Legacies" comes to mind with this observation. I'm sure they've deliberately diminished the characters of color in season 2 especially the first half. They are . . . all four of them secondary and tertiary characters now.

Plus they contrived a way to force that Ebonney Williams (Kaleb's sister from Baltimore, MD) onto the cast to pacify the black female audience that would not stop complaining last season . . . so the MG Black Love relationship is forced upon us probably in time for Black History/Valentine's day.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. Young Herschel

Did not know the Asian girl from the diner was giving romantic vibes to the brotha on "Nancy Drew". I didn't pick up on it but didn't watch the returning episode completely. She sexy as sin so that would be a win in my book lol :) I will check it out

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I much prefer Nancy. But I'd settle for the guy just not being a killer and felon. Oh well

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. darkcurry

They'll have Nancy and Nick back together. What it seems like some of these showrunners like to do for some reason is put relationships together then break them up; rinse and repeat until they are ready to put them together committedly. Even The Good Place has tried a version of this formula. I think they believe that this is the only way to keep audiences engaged in a couple. They seem to not think that people would be engaged and entertained by a couple being permanent. Or they just don't know how to write a love story like that.

That's why I don't give up quickly on a show because next thing you know they're back together again. lol.

What's going on with Nancy Drew is a rarity of the white female being the pursuer of the black guy. Watch the latest episode that aired last week and you'll see what I mean.

• List
  12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Ms.Bell does a great job of being a lover or girlfriend of a brother character.

13. Legion

Legion New Member

I dont think so. Just Because this show is gonna get cancelled.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The CW has already renewed "Nancy Drew" for a 2nd season.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I remember that happening with Supergirl and the pushback was strong enough for TPTB to change course in the first episode of season 2.

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

You're right. That Facebook Watch is almost three years old and few are aware of its existence is proof of Facebook's half-hearted leap into original programming. One would think that a multi-billion corporation with global reach would devote more efforts to promote its free video streaming service.

17. Young Herschel

Hey JS . . . I'm remembering reading a TV thread on another forum I visit but doesn't deserve to be mentioned (MAGA nationalists who are obsessed with white genocide) and they were going on during the CBS season of "Supergirl".

One guy was really a fanboy of the character from her comic book series while the other just hated the fact that she had a workplace crush on a tall, handsome black professional man. Even though the fanboy was like " they haven't even hugged or held hands momentarily?" the other guy replied "I just cannot stand the way her eyes light up whenever he enters a scene . . . like he was made of Rocky Road ice cream by Blue Bunny" :) lol

18. darkcurry

Yeah I was about to say. lol. Because the ratings have been steady. And right now it is the best written show on the CW. The Lucy storyline is intense for a CW and network TV show.

19. darkcurry

Well we all know what kind of show Supergirl is. lol.

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

That shit drives a lot of white men batty. This is why you can rarely have intimacy between a black male and white female on screen. Its why in the last two Star Wars movies Rey can't worry about Finn or think about him. Even small details like that gets those dudes worked up.