BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I have such limited tv time that I might as well save it for shows that check more of my boxes lol

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Actually, His character got down with the vast majority of older white women professors and magicians. Unfortunately, they don't focus much on him or offer him any current love interests, thus making him Asexual. It's unfortunate. The only one that I think that is a little cliche is Margo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah he's a regular he's the dean

4. meowkittenmeow

Older character. And if I remember correctly, the only older characters that had sex were used as a plot point/juxtaposition for one of the younger characters (their daughter). So, I still watch the show.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

I love the way her and Alice look. Totally my types.

6. meowkittenmeow

Alice's chest should definitely be on a list of all time greats somewhere. The actress who plays Margo is actually quite naturally beautiful. Her character annoys me a bit.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm watching Whiskey Cavalier live again.

It looks like the black nerd and the sexy spy are officially coupled up. The running joke this episode seems to be the team teasing him about how she's off on a mission seducing some other guy for information. Cue the neuroticism.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  8. The Dark King

Oh I agree on both counts. Alice is the girlfriend all of us wanted in college super smart fun conservative style but super hot behind closed doors.

Margo is a SJW nightmare with her never ending attempt to change language. Its not hitting the mark and them making her "king" is dumb af too.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. meowkittenmeow

Margo is the feminist version of Clint Eastwood in Gran Turino with a very mild whiff of Barney from how I met your mother (minus the charm and charisma). The saddest part is that she has been a phenomenal actress for years. It’s sad that this is what they do with her talents.

10. The Dark King

Agreed. I could see her doing so much more. But its a testament to the story despite her nonsense its still enjoyable

11. meowkittenmeow

True. The cute skinny Russian girl from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man Movies plays the librarian.

12. The Dark King

Oh shit that's where she's from I knew she looked familiar. Actually even though her character annoys me I really like Julia too. Though her and Alice come across as incredibly spoiled still fun to watch

13. meowkittenmeow

I like the tall skinny cute/nerdy and reserved type. So, Alice and the librarian are right up my alley. Since we are on the subject, the android woman from the Umbrella Academy is also right up my alley.

14. The Dark King

Lmao she had no personality fam. Damn

15. meowkittenmeow

She did at the end, but ya know, spoilers and such. So, I can’t go into detail as to why. Fun fact, she was naked in the Netflix science fiction Clive Owen film.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty good at spotting the CGI stuff mainly because of a combination of they use it so much and how horrible it is at times. lol.

17. meowkittenmeow

The best CGI is normally for subtle blemishes and evening things out, often on faces and even more often on bodies.

18. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Olivia Taylor Dudley is her name and she is one stacked lady.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I checked the hashtag on this show's season finale and it seems geared towards the feminist crowd so it's not surprising they'll do their black male character that way.

20. meowkittenmeow

I haven't been following the show as much lately. But, I have noticed in this show, and most others, have been using feminist buzzwords (like toxic masculinity). From a media/entertainment standpoint it's the equivalent of The Walking Dead. The writers/showrunners/executives found that zombies were popular, so you get "ZOMBIES" for about 5 to 7 years non-stop. Then people get sick of it, and move to the next big thing. The current big thing is feminist buzzwords and undertones/overtones. It happened before in the 80s with movies like 9 to 5, tootsie, working girl, etc. Then it fades away. So, I believe the writers and executives are trying to do everything to maintain relevancy to keep the show going (Much like how feminism co-opts the plight of truly suffering people, while speaking over/for them, and then dogging them out when they are done with them). So, the reality is, that most every show will have some aspect of this crap for maybe 2 or 3 more years, and then we will move on to the next big thing. Like all social justice stuff, it becomes "passe" to the mainstream. It has even happened to our attempts at social justice (often times when bw take the helm and run our movements into the ground. See BP party).

In regards to feminism and #metoo in our shows and media, Dave Chappelle made a solid point. I am paraphrasing a bit, but he said, that they have people scared now. He referenced the support Ben Affleck gave, and how the feminists flipped out on him for grabbing a breast at spring break in the 90s (of course, ole Ben backed out). So, they take their frustrations out on their enemies and allies, and expect to have completely perfect allies (which is impossible, because they aren't perfect and have skeletons in their closets as well, see Asia Argento). Dave said, that there always comes a point where people are no longer afraid. And When they are no longer afraid, things get worse, much worse. And it seems as though we may be on track for that. My guess is that it will involve these young sensitive (nothing wrong with that) young men, discussing their feelings about what they have dealt with at the hands of women and the tables start turning.

Therefore, expect to see a change in the narrative and the overall dialogue of shows in the next 2 or 3 years. Until then, we are stuck with this shit.

Side Note: It's kind of already started, between free bleeding, menstrual cookies, the term "white feminism", and more recently the resurgence of "feminist empowered" Witchcraft.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List