Bernie Sanders Hospitalized For Heart Procedure

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RicardoCooper, Oct 2, 2019.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

We need stop pretending every mass shooting in the USA occurs from a deranged mind of a 'crazy' person. Owning guns has a way of making rational people make irrational decisions.

The homicide rate in Europe compared to the USA isn't even close. But if you dropped 50 million handguns into every Western European country, they would look like 'murderland' too.

It's just weird how many Americans view owning handguns as a sacred right bestowed upon birth.
    We're the most violent country in the world that isn't in the middle of a war and none of it makes sense.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Saying that guns made them do it is ridiculous. Obviously you don't believe in personal responsibility. I call that weird. The issue isn't even handguns these dudes trying to keep them and ban the guns that are responsible for the least murders.

Mexico and Russia have super strict gun laws why do they have more murders?

Ohh look what I found facts get you some.

https://ourworldindata.org/homicides

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

C'mon man, you know damn well Trump didn't do any of that shit for black men. If any of those policies benefited brothers it's purely by coincidence. If Trump's betrayals and attacks on members of his own administration (most of whom are fellow white men) coupled with his sky-high turnover rate of staff and advisors are proof of anything, it's that he has no loyalty to anyone. So you can forgive me for not feeling he has my back as a black man, especially since his disdain for black men is well documented.

Immigrants are not my enemies, and illegals committing voter fraud en masse is a darkweb GOP myth. As for deporting a ton of illegals, Obama did a lot of that too and he was demonized for it, so I'm damn sure not gonna give Trump an attaboy.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"In contrast, by the turn of April 2017 there were an estimated 4.5 million Russians in legal possession of approximately 7.3 million weapons. While this may seem high, it only encompasses roughly 3 percent of the population with the vast remainder unarmed."

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/328459-gun-culture-in-russia-and-us

5. andreboba

Guns by design are made to kill people. Let's start there. Personal responsibility is nice, but manufacturing and selling tools designed to kill other human beings needs to be addressed.

Mexico is a narco state overrun by drug cartels. It's like Miami in the 1980s. Russia is run by state supported organized crime syndicates.
    Most of their murders are drug related.

And yet the nation that's the leader of the free world has comparable homicide rates. That's totally fucked up and a shame you're comfortable being compared to Mexico and Russia.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ok guns are bad. we have started there. So lets take them from military and police then we can talk. Other wise you think that they are somehow above the rest of us humans, I can't get with that line of thought.

Post facts like I did. Post the source of the murders in the countries you mentioned and compare them to ours then we can talk. Stop being lazy because I recall the USA being the biggest drug market.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Where do you think Mexico and Russia are located on Mars? They are human just like us, no shame buddy.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: You do realize that's not a joke, but an official Tweet from Bernie Sanders. o_O

9. andreboba

You I do realize our current POTUS liked to party with a known pedophile??

No one cares that Bloomberg took a pic with Trump. Who exactly is supposed to be offended by that??

Your boy Donald has reset the bar for public outrage. When grabbing pussies no longer was a disqualifier for public office, being seen next to Trump on a golf course is bullshit.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct. The intelligent and non-emotional among us see those unintended consequences as in our favor. Trump doesn't need to "have my back" or be my friend. Look deeper than the antics. Illegal immigration is the focus of this administration and last time I checked, nobody was questioning black people's nationality. I'm for what advantages intelligent black men only, and none of these groups are our friends, even our supposed female counterparts. He is weakening our rivals or knocking them off the chess board altogether, and I'm cool with it.

11. andreboba

The homicide rate for Mexico in 2019 was 95 deaths per day, way more than either Russia or the USA.

It would take too much time to find out how many of those deaths were gun related, although in Mexico I assume most were.

12. RicardoCooper

We've been shit on since day one, what can they do that hasn't been done to us already?

13. andreboba

Immigration isn't something you can turn off like a faucet. There's always immigration to the United States and always will be.

As long as Americans keep having babies, immigration shouldn't be seen as some existential threat to the country.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You just used the word assume with me?

LOL

You are not in my league buddy. You just proved that. No assumption on my part.

What else do you assume?

Some people believe one day that the stars will fall out of the sky and hit earth. Kid you not. I can prove it.

15. RicardoCooper

Don't get the correlation between babies being born in the US presumably by legal citizens vs. illegal immigration, but go off, king.

16. andreboba

If you don't think America can get much worse for Black folk under an autocratic president with absolute rule,you haven't been following history.

Imagine Trump putting Chicago under marshal law with a hard curfew and orders to shoot to kill any Black male on the streets after 10PM??
    Dictatorships that happen in democratic counties are a process. They don't happen overnight.

Trump has already decided he personally runs the DOJ and that AG Bill Barr is his personal attorney. That alone should make your sweat cold.

17. andreboba

The Mexican drug cartels don't battle with slingshots, thus my assumption most of their 95 homicides a day are gun related.

I don't get how that's a 'gotcha' concept.

18. RicardoCooper

I've been waiting for him to do just that, clean up the matriarchal Section 8 hellholes. Random unarmed black men have been getting shot down for less for decades, nothing new. You're not really making a case here lol.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Mexico has super strict gun laws so it doesn't make a point for you anyway.

20. andreboba

Exactly what do 'strict gun laws' mean in a country where drug cartels are paying off cops, judges and politicians??
    And I don't know what you mean by strict, Mexico allows EVERY household to own NINE long guns and one handgun.

The drug cartels have more firepower than the national police and it's been like that for at least 20 years.