Attraction to Black Men = Perversion?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by whikle, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Do you have a religion that you follow Flame? Or are you an atheist like MS is?

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree, because none of my 44 years of experience corroborates your experiences. My experience with ICE (and INS before that) is one of my black, brown and even a couple of white friends being deported or having to get married or hightail it out of the country. White aliens probably get suspected less because of agent/police bias, but if they know you're in the country illegally, they will get you.

This. Generalizations should never come from those of us who have been victimized by this same injustice.

This.

3. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

AMEN!!

I think it's awful to say that AN ENTIRE GROUP of people are racists. Of course, you will find individuals in any group that are. INDIVIDUALS. Saying that an entire group is ANYTHING makes YOU a racist!

4. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

Being an atheist does not make a person hateful. Claiming to be religious and hating groups of people is way worse than not believing in God. I know several people who are atheists, and they are the kindest people who may not believe in God, but totally believe in humanity. They are charitable and clean living individuals who respect other human beings and the earth we live upon.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So white people in this country weren't racist as a whole?

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

And you say you don't start sh*t...

7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I would say you're right about what you say, not all Atheists are like that.

Regardless of his religious status, if you've kept up closely with the threads he's created and participated in, you would come to a consensus that the past couple of weeks, or possibly almost all of 2014 so far hasn't been a good time for MS on here. Feels like it's MS verses a handful of people. He used to attack me too last year but now I'm not trying to be his enemy. Not trying to be an ally to him either.

8. The Dark King

No I don't. She made an error I corrected it. You gonna sit there and lie and say white people as a whole never been racist in this country?

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Fine, I'll let Rita respond. She'll be nicer than I will and I'm tired.

10. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

How the hell are white people as a whole racist?

How the hell is any group as a whole anything?

11. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

TDK,

I interpreted it as no one group is anything as a whole. So of course, white people weren't racist as a whole either. A lot, most even.. yes. But as a whole, all of them.. no.

There's still going to be some hearing people that understand deafness/ deaf people better than others, those that don't have a clue and those that are outright audist.
    It doesn't help, or make "most" of the majority group's actions right, but minority group(s) are always around to offer contrast to the general opinion.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Racism is another form of tribalism which is very much the same as nationalism and not far removed from class bigotry.

Racism is 'like' a lot of other ways human being choose to segregate themselves from others and lift themselves up by putting others down.

Racism is specific, but it's not unique.

Africa always seems on the verge of imploding because of tribal and national conflicts which spur the non-stop civil wars and battles for power to be accrued for the very few.

White people in this country as a whole benefited the most from racism, but for many it was a passive advantage most would not be aware of unless you explained it to them.

Historically there's always been a contingent of White folk in the U.S. who were opposed to racism as far back as the nation's founding.

John Brown led a GROUP of White abolitionists who were prepared to engage in a guerrilla war against the U.S. Army and slave holders simply because of their religious beliefs that slavery was abhorrent.

Does that mean most White people in America traditionally have viewed Blacks and other minorities as their equals?? No.

But that still doesn't change the fact that many Whites felt slavery and denying African Americans citizens their civil rights well before the 20th century was unjust.

If you think about it, if ALL WHITES in America were racist to their core, there never would have been a Civil War or a Civil Rights movement in the 1950s-1960s.

I can't give you an accurate percentage of how many Whites in America are racist, but I will say that a critical mass of them are not.
    Maybe that's more than 50%. Maybe it's 30%. Who knows??

What I do know is life would literally be unlivable in this country for Blacks if ALL WHITES were inherently racist, and things are bad enough as it is.:axe:

It's still easier to be a Black man in America today than it was yesterday, and much of that has to do with the evolving attitudes of White Americans.

Some of yall are tripping so hard.lol

If ALL WHITES were racist, none of us would ever have been involved with a WW at any point in our lives, or we'd be in jail for making the attempt and this site would be illegal.

13. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

THIS all day.

14. The Dark King

Anyone who supports the system either passively or aggressively is in fact racist. They are ok with the belittling and horrific treatment of a group of people based on nothing other than skin tone. Not saying that its this way now but as a country up and until the civil rights era (questionable) this country as a whole sanctioned and promoted the mistreatment of blacks. No matter your personal beliefs that shit is fact sorry

15. The Dark King

As a group are Americans consumerist individuals who care more about the newest Ipad than their fellow American?

16. Bookworm616

Contrary to what you may believe, not everyone is more worried about the newest iPAD in this country.

Nice try, though.

17. The Dark King

In general yes we are. One thing that made me sick to my stomach after Sandee happened here was the new ipad mini launched and people were sleeping side walks lined up around the corner to get one. God forbid these selfish fucks actually recognize they have neighbors flooded out of their homes and help out. If you have hours upon hours to wait for some shitty new tech you can help your fellow man, but that's not how we do things here. Compare that shit to the Fukashima incident earlier in the year people were helping their neighbors left and right. We don't really have a sense of community in this country anymore.

18. Bookworm616

There are tons of stories of people helping out their fellow man in times of need.

Don't give me that crap.

And contrary to the propaganda being spread by corporations, there's still a huge contingency of people in this country (even in the city of Chicago) whose only access to the internet is at their local library. Not everyone owns an iPhone. Not everyone can afford cable. Not everyone has iPODs or iPADs.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree that you cannot generalize about an entire race, but you can make some general normative statements about mass culture, while taking care not to ascribe that trait to every single member of a group. It's safe to say that US 'mass culture' is materialistic, while not every single person in the US is that way. It is safe to say that US majority or white mass culture of the 1800s and 1900s was racist. There were obviously some people who disagreed with racism, but the normative position was racist.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I don't have an Ipad...I do have an Iphone...we don't have cable at our house...I do pay for internet...things don't make me as happy as the people and animals in my life...