Are WW really attracted to US or the Stereotype??

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by tuckerreed, Feb 18, 2006.

1. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

with all the negative things Whites have about the black male, are the modern ww really attracted to bm or is it just the stereotypes, the danger, making family and society angry?

tell us what you think?

2. brisonwatts

brisonwatts New Member

My g/f is white, and I am black...we've been together not long, and we've never based our relationship from lust...she became attracted to me because she believes that I'm a good person for her, and there is chemistry there between the two of us. We love each other dearly, and we are VERY happy together. She didn't like me for the stereotype...she likes me because I've been real to her since the day we met. I don't know others' reasoning for liking BM...but hers wasn't for the stereotype.

3. infiniti

infiniti New Member

tuckerreed, I don't think that question can be objectively answered. I used to wonder the same thing myself. I eventually stumbled upon the answer (for me). I am in no way the stereotypical black guy. Given that some white women have loved me and still continue to do so, I have to conclude that some of them certainly liked me for being me.

That being said, I am sure some women are obsessed with the stereotypical black guy. That doesn't apply to me (and I am sure a lot of other guys on here)

4. mosiah1

mosiah1 Member

I would think that the white women who love black men like them for who they are rather than the consensus stereotypes of black men espoused by some hateful people. I have said this before and I'll say it again: white women have more to lose by dating black men than bm have to lose by dating ww. The ones who love us are making a huge sacrifice. Below is a degrading example of how more than a few whites view black men. Now why would a ww fall in love with that stereotype? For those who may be offended by this photo, I want to make it clear that I am using it only to illustrate a point. I'm black too and I don't like that stereotype either.
    [​IMG]
    Peace.
    _______
    "I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad."

5. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

the problem is, alot of them are experimenting with BM, because of the sexual stereotypes and bad boy stereotypes they have seen in the media and heard from their peers.

alot of them have been rejected by white men for being fat or overweight or not attractive enough

alot of them are acting as liberal saviors of black people and the black victims and they want to prove their solidarity or that they are not racist

there are many reason besides being really in love with BM that SOME White women get involved with black men

6. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I'm glad that this thread was started...

and to add, I think that MOST of them can't even make up their minds because of reasons that you and Mosiah stated.

7. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I've seen quite a few pictures depicting blacks as "less than human". But I never see pictures about whites being viewed as "less than human". I just don't understand why they would go out of their way to portray something so disgusting. Almost as if they don't have anything better to do.

I mean really, how lame would that be, if I sat at home drawing pictures of white men with small penises, paper-white skin, and a confederate flag t-shirt. Basically, there's far more people going out of their way to make negative images about blacks, while many people could give a shit about taking time out of their day to make negative images of whites.

8. MistressB

MistressB New Member

In all honesty, sometimes I have a purely sexual and powerful attraction to black men I might see walking down the street: maybe they have an interesting type of hairstyle, or broad shoulders, or large eyes, or full lips, but on the basis of their looks alone I find them incredibly appealing. I don't feel bad about that especially when I catch other men looking at me for the same reason, we're all sexual animals after all.

In terms of flings, I've gone for black and white men equally on the basis of looks and a bit of charm alone. I've only had two relationships with black men, one a reasonably casual though affectionate thing spanning four years, on and off, with a Jamaican man, and one with the guy I've talked a lot about on here (that was around 6 months). With the first one, I met him first in a workplace when I was 18, straight away I found his looks very appealing (he looks a little like Chris Rock, young looking with a cute smile) but he is a very exciting, excitable person, high energy and always looking for something fun which drew me to him because I was kind of down at the time. We used to date and once I realised he couldn't offer any real commitment due to all his different activities and his fly-by-night personality we always had some good times together, I liked his determination and energy and optimism. The other guy, I was attracted by his looks immediately when we met, but more by his politeness and good manners. He was very charming although not in a slimy way. When we went on our first date, I was more drawn to his wit and way with words, and also by some interesting and pertinent things he said, which made me think I wanted to get to know him better - and I don't regret I did as we did fall in love.

This is kind of long but it is an honest account and at neither time did I set out to meet "a black man" (or any at all really!). That's probably due to upbringing though, and race relations in Britain being different from in the US, always when I was brought up was it drilled into me that people aren't different simply by their colour so I never really had any curiosity to date someone black because they were 'unusual'.

9. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Tucker, thats one hard question to answer. White people in this damn USA can be very misleading at times. From my experience, a white woman who wont date/marry a black man but wants to get the big black venom her white husband cant give her is just an exploiting bitch who isnt attracted to BM. Whites in America are very timid and conformative for the most part so its hard to tell whether a WW in America is really attracted to you. I wont say American WW are doing it to annoy society as a lot of them arent even brave enough to make up their own minds. They think they can handle it but when they get into the relationship and see all the drama America throws at them, they start to blow hot and cold which irks me the most.

10. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

Cris, i tend to agree however, based on the interracial connections in other European nations, WW in America are no more conformist than women in Europe. Germans and women in UK are the more open about attractions to BM, but if you look at other countries on say an IR dating website--Spanish, French, Italians, Eastern European, Russian, Greek, Port, Scandanavians are very small in Number.

So I dont really want to beat up on American girls.

SoCal: i understand your points too, but I must say, if you look at comedy, sitcoms, movies--black people are constantly making put downs about White People, so cartoons of this sort, while Banal and idiotic and sure racist, are equally matched by the absurd racist comments made by actors and comedians toward whites.

11. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

SoCal, you're right, not only are these people full of hatred, paranoia, perversion, ignorance (and something else) they really, truly, have nothing better to do, and if they did, then wouldn't they be actually doing THAT instead of drawing those types of pictures?

Cris, I agree with all of what you stated.

Tuck,

I disagree with you on ONLY one thing, and that is in regards to the racist comments/jokes made by black comedians on BET, and that's because: a) we don't control the media, and: b) there are white comedians shown on BET, and also, white audience members, and the jokes are NOT meant to incite hatred, fear, ignorance, and paranoia against white people.

12. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

I respect your disagreement with me, but I am highly offended by the racist comments made about whites as I am married to a white person and she and my white family is too. They are meant to make fun of, belittle and we control BET and the paid media with our dollars and our time. Without an audience the BETs and other outlets would make no profits and would have to fold.

I dont know what their purpose is, and there are some other people of color making racist comments, literature and portrayals of Blacks as well.

So the awful cartoons are disgusting as are the nasty swipes and other races by blacks to me, but again I respect your point of view

13. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

However, it's not for the same purpose. That's all I was trying to explain.

14. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

oh, i understand Sardonic, and I respect your point of view. I however think that it is a double standard. The comedy that I hear on the shows, I hear in everyday conversations--so the stereotypes and the miseducation gets spread while truth never gets diseminated among the population. I have employees who I have to reprimand and fire all the time for the most idiot and childish things and they think its all true. when you have an uneducated population of people who devour that trash, whether it is white supremacist propaganda, or satire from black comedic figures-it is hard for them to tell fact from fiction since many of them cant analyze right and wrong very well--from my experience anyway.

15. Boll Onin

Boll Onin Member

As mention in one of the post, this solely any individualistic thing. I would say that if you meet a white woman whose experience with black people is limited then yes she will be attracted to the curiosity or the exotic nature of the relationship.

Even if you cultural enjoyments lean more toward what is perceived as Anglo side of life, you are still an exotic thing to a woman who has never met been with or even had a decent conversation with a black man.

The feeling of the exotic dose not fade from being in a relationship with some one of another race. Being intimate or having a one nigth stand only shades a limited light on an individual. To remove the exotic nature of it, that person must become familiar with people of another race outside of attraction or sexual curiosity. They must see or began to see the other as a person rather than an event or an experiment.

Only then does the sting of being some Buffy's try out dissipates.

16. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

the sad thing is its not just comedians, but people we should respect like Tavis Smiley and others who say, White this and White that

17. SENGO_G

SENGO_G New Member

LOL...

She has the nerve to talk about more black men approaching her than white... Talk about another probably AVERAGE LOOKING, SELF-DELUDED WHITE WOMAN....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. MistressB

MistressB New Member

You should read more carefully, Sengo, if that's within your capability - I carefully didn't even say whether I caught white, black, red or green men looking at me on the street!

19. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Comedy Central is an equal opportunity offender. :wink:

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't condone any of the comedic material shown on Comic-view targeting whites, but they also target blacks too...

and, that one show doesn't comprise all of BET. Notice how almost all of what you see on the entire network is gangsta rap/ r&b videos ( and to those who will outrage the violence advocacy, materialism, decadence, and chauvinism, keep in mind that : 1. It's all a giant PRODUCTION/ GIMMICK, and, 2. Those girls are professional dancers, who are NOT forced to participate) and the rest afterwards, is the news show and maybe Soul Food, and a movie or two. Along with all of that, they only play something different than all of that on Sundays, which are the evangelical specials (quite hypocritical to the other programming, I know, but stay with me on this, don't drift away yet) and sometimes a few 'magical chosen pastor' infomercials (out to take your hard-earned money, no doubt), but there are many white people, who view the programming on BET, as much as some black people in America do, and you might be interested to know that more blacks watch predominately white networks (you know, all the other ones except BET and UPN) than white Americans do, and not only do white people watch Comic-view and sometimes perform on Comic-view as well as sit in the audience, but white business executives own franchises like BET (not at first, but for years they have) along with Vibe and The Source magazine, so don't count on them to 'step in and put a stop to it' when their wallets will disagree with you about that as much as they will.

Not debating your point-of-view here. Just only elaborating where I'm goin' with this even further, that's all. :wink:

20. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Right on, Sardonic.