are men attracted to intelligent and successful women? a study answers that question.

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Back to the REAL TOPIC...

Interesting theory, Thump. So if it's a male hardwire, explain the men who don't feel threatened by intelligent women.
    What about the men who expect their women to earn a living, thus encouraging the risk of independence?

I don't believe it's hardwiring, l think it's social condtioning, brought on by a misguided desire to control his woman.
    A true male female union l believe, is defined as yin and yang, team work, supporting and encouraging your partner to be the best person they can be, egos left at door.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

A man who gets it.

3. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

OMG ... My mistake .... Sorry

4. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I can bring home the bacon... Fry it up in a pan and never ever let you forget you are a man

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You cook, I'll clean.........easy day.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed I addressed that, I think the chosen career definitely influences the behavior.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's so hot. What man wouldn't LOVE that! :cool:

Someone please clone him.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL!

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's easy for us to believe that the concept of men being supportive and encouraging to women started in our modern era, but that simple isn't the case. Just because primitive societies strictly enforced gender roles, it doesn't mean that it was all about abuse and oppression. Even in ancient tribes, men and women were complimentary to each others strengths and weaknesses.

The reason some men don't have any issues with intelligent and independent women is because the human mind doesn't always interpret everything the same way. For example: Men are biologically programmed to enjoy looking at attractive women, but what each man considers to be attractive can differ from man to man.

So even though the desire to be the 'leader of the pack' exists in every man. Not every man will interpret and react to his primate impulses the same way.

Now having said all that, I am very aware that some men are just asshats who enjoy dominating women, but those guys don't represent the bulk of men.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yes

11. The Dark King

I've been watching it it's interesting but confirms a lot of the bs I hate about my area lol

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

U did see when I said about a date.

You will complain that hes indecisive and cant cimplain. So basically what im saying is from the start you want traditional roles. You want a man to be a man......decisive. Show that he can be a leader.

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it. I like the coaches and the women seem to be taking the advice seriously. I can identify with Monet. But Tennesha.... She better learn what she needs to learn. Lol. She'll lose what seems like a good guy.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Amen to that.

I doubt this is a Brother issue.

15. The Dark King

Agreed. It's part of the culture here though. Since there are so many people so many suffer from bigger better more syndrome. So instead of appreciating what's in front of you people nit pick. Not a fan of most of the women but I do appreciate they're willing to put in the work.. everyone but Jae. I think she may be too young.

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

But Jae is a wounded bird even at her young age. And if she wants to have children, she needs to figure herself out soon. Monet is 32 and that clock is ticking like a gong in her head.

17. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I believe that if an intelligent man who is secure, wouldn't settle for a woman who WASN'T intelligent or successful. There should be no competing. Being on a similar intelligence level is most important for both, men and women. I know for a fact, good looks not accompanied by intelligence gets BORING!! :smt015

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yep!! I'll take average and smart/interesting any day.

19. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Co-sign this! Sounds like the perfect teamwork.
    There would definitely be dessert for the man who volunteers for cleaning :smt047

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

you can say that again...his whiskey stones would be chilled everytime he needed them...