Anyone planning for a new ride soon?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by DudeNY12, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

For the first time I'm considering a SUV, and I'm liking the new Honda Passport. I'll probably test drive one the next time I'm in for scheduled service.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Between this and a CTS-V?

3. DudeNY12

ATS-V would be more realistic for my budget and I like it just as much. As tempting as they are I'm thinking of stay practical. We'll see

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Been thinking about the Subaru Crosstrek as an engagement gift to my girl. The ring is probably going to be a family ring.
    So I figure why not get her something she needs that I can use too lol

5. DudeNY12

Nice! That would be an awesome gift and it would fit perfectly in Westchester County:). It’s nice the way Subaru has created A nice niche for themselves. I remember back in the 80s when no one took them seriously.

6. The Dark King

You go to a dealership its packed with families. If its not the number one family car out there I'd be surprised

7. DudeNY12

Absolutely! It's like they can't build them fast enough.

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Got a Kia Sorento in August, I'm pretty happy with it.

9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I thought you guys must be married by now and here we are still talking about engagement!
    On a side note, I hope her family is easy going. My cousin just married an upper class Indian woman last week and boy that whole story from getting to know to finally getting married could fill a book. The father took years to come around to support the marriage. Basically in the end she was too old for the Indian marriage market so he agreed.

10. The Dark King

Yup sounds about right. I had an easier time dating white women who had racist families. Let that sink in

11. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Also a side note. Indians just love whites, at least those I`ve met, so I am surprised that they were not jumping for joy over your cousin. Maybe it was his social status?

12. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

My cousin has a very good education and a super job so it couldn’t be that. The only thing is he’s not from her “cast”. Maybe the Indians in the US are more open to whites but traditional Indians in India are very much endogamous.

13. The Dark King

Yeah it's been my experience that only 3 professions exist in their culture doctor lawyer engineer and finance kind of but you have to work at the most well know firms like Morgan Stanley or Goldmans
    Everything else is a waste of time unless in the rare case you're a very visible executive like director of the health department. It's a very class based society.

Btw got that Subaru greatest car ever.