Am I overreacting (bi-racial couple issue)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, May 6, 2018.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's the unfortunate part of their blithe ignorance.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Sad, but true.

3. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

exactly that.

4. medullaslashin

It's an overreaction if he didn't first ask them to leave if they aren't gonna buy. If they refused to leave, then calling the cops is within bounds. But, yeah, the manager probably over-reacted, but still the guys should be smart enough to know that it isn't a bus stop or a homeless shelter.

If they slip and fall in there, they could sue. The establishment takes those risks (and hires people to clean the nasty toilet) because they want to make profit.

Those dudes should have consideration of that, rather than be arrogant. And the manager should probably have approached it with "people skills" rather than call in the guns so quickly.

I've heard that (in response to this incident) starbucks now lets people use the toilet without needing to make a purchase. I hope it helps their bottom line, but I feel bad for the people who have to clean those toilets. :oops::(:eek:

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

They said they were waiting for someone. They weren't just being assholes who refused to leave and why should they have to when other people admitted they were doing the same thing

6. medullaslashin

Oh, okay -- didn't know all that. I don't follow these stories all that closely.

They still should've bought something though -- that's courtesy. And the mgr certainly shouldn't have singled them out if he's not enforcing the rules for everyone, because that's racism... Like I said, there's probably fault to go around in that incident.

Still, if they were my sons, I would want them to know that starbucks doesn't run waiting rooms. If you want the convenience of a good place to wait for someone, buy a cup of coffee. Not because you're black, but because that's the way the world works.

7. The Dark King

But obviously its not how the world works if its only required of black people

8. medullaslashin

Of course it's how the world works. You can't just walk into any shop and sit without buying. Everyone in their right mind knows that.

The selective application of the rule is a separate issue.

9. The Dark King

but that ain't their policy people go in there and just use wifi all the time

10. medullaslashin

So you're saying that people go in there and simply sit without buying, all the time? Well I don't know starbucks, so I can't comment on that.

I've been to coffee shops though. They want you to buy coffee, etc., not just go in and sit. It pays for the wifi.

Those black dudes should've had consideration for that.

11. The Dark King

If you don't go to Starbucks how do you know what they should do?

12. medullaslashin

:rolleyes: