Am I overreacting (bi-racial couple issue)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, May 6, 2018.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Boycotting doesn't work though. You can't get black people en masse to do anything all at once unless it's some dumb shit like making "For The Dick Challenge" videos or hating on Kanye

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I have too but sometimes I take my sweet ass time doing it and I also see other patrons with outside products just hanging out. In nearly every other establishment I would agree but not there. Kind of like Fao Schwartz back in the day. Not sure if you guys had any near you but their particular business model encouraged kids to play with the toys that wasn't the model of Kaybee Toys or Toys R Us so you wouldn't do it anywhere except there.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I hope starbucks don't ever give us a reason to boycott. Not too many common places have better coffee. Cuban coffee is excellent but definitely not for everyday drinking.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The opioid addiction screams privilege. At least a real pharmacist made it instead of ray ray and jamal in a kitchen with arm and hammer baking soda.

5. RicardoCooper

Clem and Cletus make homebrew crystal meth in their trailers, same difference.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah that is.

Clem and Cletus? Lol

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I kind of see it this way. I've never had a problem at any Starbucks.

8. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Maybe she should check his Netflix and see if he is supporting WW by boycotting movies that contain actors/producers/etc who are among the #metoo predators.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Quite obvious that Kanye is a very sick man and should be protected from himself.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Really it's more about big pharma going the drug pusher route. Many opiod addicts are poor White addicts with very little privilege in this country.

Make not mistake, big pharma is pressuring doctors to over-prescribe this shit, know how addictive it was, so they can fleece government and private health insurers.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How do they pressure doctors?

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It's legal for big pharma companies to pay doctors to promote certain medicines. So the more opiod meds they prescribe, the more money big pharma makes and the more money doctors receive from big pharma companies.

The whole system is crooked.

13. RicardoCooper

That's because you're a "Booty-Rican"

14. RicardoCooper

How come everything I type causes a divergence from the actual topic

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

But its illegal to pay doctors based on what they prescribe. They get paid to speak on behalf of drug companies and advise them for research methods etc..
    Obviously this still could cause a conflict of interest but companies are required to disclose what they pay each physician and that amount is researchable in cms database, per the sunshine act.

So if you can find out how much your doctor is paid by big pharm and you still go to that doctor.......Let's be real, opioids are commonly abused because the euphoria is just as good as the narcotic effect. If people with money like famous movie stars pressure doctors for scripts on opioids all the time, what makes you think a poor person is going to turn it down when they can get a good quality product made by a real pharmacist and flip what they don't use on the street?

Yeah its a privilege if you can indirectly get extra financing for an overflow of quality drugs from your insurance company or get quality drugs made in a real laboratory because your white drug dealer knows the right people.

16. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I have no idea. :p

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think it was flaminghetero that called me that and I liked it so much, I decided to keep it. LOL

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Calling the cops on somebody just because they didn't order anything fits overreacting in every way and I would never give racism an excuse if something positive comes from it and racial sensitivity training is a good thing. Because unfortunately most people that do racist things are operating with blithe ignorance in mind. A lot of people needs an education on race and racism. That is one way that we can defeat racism is with knowledge.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Good Luck with that. Too many people love being anti-intellectual & contrarian aka "free-thinkers" for that to happen. For every gain in knowledge we make as a species there are allows pockets of individuals who want to drag everyone back to the stone age.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So true. Free thinkers are usually idiots in every sense of the word.