Am I overreacting (bi-racial couple issue)

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, May 6, 2018.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

(This is not my issue, topic stolen from another forum)

Would you feel some type of way if your white girlfriend still went to Starbucks everyday after what happened when she's got other options?
    I did. And we haven't talked in a few days. Am I overreacting?

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

No, that person is not overreacting.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Starbucks is the black man's problem, not her problem. Why should she stop going there. No white woman has ever been asked to leave a Starbucks. LOL. Black people always looking for "allies." LMAO

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. K

K Well-Known Member

I was in one last year where there were women who were asked to leave. They were most likely homeless/druggies who had been there for some time and weren't buying anything. Customers complained and they were asked to leave. They left.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be any difference in who's going to Starbucks around where I live. Plenty of Black people still going and working in the 3 close to here too.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I always looked at that Starbucks controversy as an issue with the manager at that individual Starbucks to begin with, NOT Starbucks corporate. Not to mention if those brothas had just bought something, it would've never escalated.

So yes, I do think the dude is overreacting & I wouldn't have a problem with my girl going to Starbucks.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But it wasn't Starbucks it was one manager who was fired so what's the problem

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I mean we did argue about it. Too long to post, but she told me about her day, how she went to Starbucks with a friend. I said "so you're not boycotting Starbucks" and she was like "oops" and I was like fuck you mean oops.. And she was like I wasn't mindful about it bla bla. Then how she doesn't think that targeting all Starbucks because of one manager at one Starbucks mistake and the company apologized etc etc. And I'm like I understand but it's about making a statement. Shit like that should never happen. They put us under a blanket and think all nigga are up to no good so fuck all Starbucks..im not giving them any business. And she's like she's sorry but she doesn't understand and she guesses it's because she hasn't experienced it first hand. And at the end of it I'm like wtv. It's your money, do whatever you want. And she said some shit about how I'm being childish and I didn't respond.

Lol I hear you my G. But something I told her during the argument was that if we have kids, they're going to be half black, but a lot of people will just label them as black. So she has to start thinking about this shit because that can easily happen to one of our kids.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

Any parent should be teaching their children that if they go into a business they are expected to purchase something. It's one thing if they are going in browsing through the store and choose to not buy something. But to go in and sit down and hang out, no business is going to be cool with that. They are there to make money. Even those with cushy seating and such - they do that so people will hang out to BUY more products and attract more customers.

I don't care what color your skin is, if you are going in and sitting down at a place not ordering anything thinking you can just hang out, that's an entitlement attitude.

10. The Dark King

But that's their business model

11. K

K Well-Known Member

The purpose of the business is to make money by selling products. Their business model is to encourage people to hang out to BUY more products and attract more people who BUY more products. It's not to just come in, take up the table, and not purchase anything.

12. The Dark King

Like its been stated before tons of people just go there for the free WiFi and don't buy a thing. I wouldn't doubt their secondary business is mining your data when youre in there. You don't need to sell physical products to make money

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. K

K Well-Known Member

I still think it's ridiculous to expect to go in a food/drink place and expect to just sit there and not order anything.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

One idiot fucks up at one franchise and we boycott the ENTIRE company???lol

Man, I can't begin to tell you the random times I got my order fucked up by Mickey Ds because some lazy or non-English speaking worker misunderstood what I wanted.
    Negroes want to be revolutionaries but don't know what the fight is about.

If Starbucks corporate had released a secret memo stating Black folk should be discriminated against, then you boycott.

Not because one Starbuck's manager in Philly has a problem with young Black men.

It's sad to be in an IR relationship when one half is ignorant as fuck.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I've gone to Starbucks for the free WiFi, but I still order a basic coffee or pastry so I don't look like I'm freeloading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. RicardoCooper

Can we get the big eyeroll smilie here? Not talking about bum broads washing up in the sink, talking about normal customers. The black guys in Philly weren't homeless/druggies and nobody complained about them being there. In fact white people were shocked police were called. You seem smarter than playing the "pull exception out of my ass" game

17. RicardoCooper

They were waiting for their white friend to arrive. Maybe they were waiting for him to get there before they ordered? Maybe it was just a meeting point to go someplace else? They were there less than 10 minutes by all accounts. C'mon, bruh

18. RicardoCooper

How can you be so smart about everything except politics

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I say he overreacted. It was clearly a case of that particular manager. Now, if Starbuck's would've defended the manager and/or minimized the arrest of the two men... I'd fully understand if people wanted to boycott and so on.

20. RicardoCooper

It's sad to be in ANY relationship when one half is ignorant as fuck. But the Starbucks "boycott" isn't the white woman's problem just like opioid addiction among rural whites isn't my problem. In fact, anything that makes red state Trump voters drop dead faster is cool with me

If negroes want woke bitches, date sistas, problem solved