A Guy/Woman with Herpes vs. A Guy/Woman with kid(s)

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by buglerroller, Apr 2, 2012.

1. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I guess my point of view is skewed because I have children and also because im older. I actually prefer a man with kids, because he has more in common with me.

Most grown men with kids have their life together and its nice to see another side to them outside of me.

My children already have a father, but if I can qualify the man I'm dating seriously as a positive male role model for them, its a very admirable characteristic that I quite prefer.

I'm too grown to waste time on someone to just have casual sex. My time is valuable, I have so much going on in my own life. I'm looking for someone I can settle down with...when im ready.

and on the other hand, if a man isn't interested in dating me for the sake of my children, I don't need him anyway. Not that it's a knock on anyone who doesn't want kids, just my opinion.

3. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Definitely not a woman with herpes hell naw! A woman with kids is cool as long as we wont have baby daddy drama.:cool:

4. buglerroller

i would like to think its the drama from bm or bd that has most people not wanting to be involved with someone.

elegantly said.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would rather take my chances with a woman that had baby daddy drama. If we did not progress into a relationship then things would revert to the way they were when we broke up. *No prob* (Cant say the same for herpes) If we ended up working out very well and get married then I prob would be handling the bd. Basically, I would take my chances handling the worse type of dude before I would take my chances with any virus.

6. buglerroller

yep!

7. buglerroller

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

It is better to date a woman with kids than to date someone with herpes.
    If you catch herpes, there is currently no cure and it is for life. If you catch kids, there's no cure but they eventually leave in 18 to 20 years.

9. buglerroller

rep needed for this!

10. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

How the hell do you "catch" kids?

11. buglerroller

muah hahaha. good question

12. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

With a net. Large enough mousetraps are too difficult to bait. ;)

13. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Don't get me wrong. I adore my son even when I don't like him (at 25 it's time he was on his own). And the teens of the ex roommate are wonderful people that I love dearly, though that's a more aunt like relationship. But I never wanted kids, and my ex, who went on never to participate or pay support, talked me into the one I had. There ARE a lot of things I wish I had been able to do that parenting interfered with - maybe it wouldn't have if I hadn't single parented, I don't know. But I totally get where the Huntress is coming from. I think my life would have been a lot more fun. Being a mom isn't the crowning achievement of my life. I did it, and I did it well. But it isn't remotely the central pillar of who I am.

As for dating a guy with kids, depending on their ages & custody arrangements, not a problem. I'm just not up for 2 am feelings ;)

14. buglerroller

This is a good thread.

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I love kids so I would date a man with kids...mine is grown but still living at home ad going to college...I look forward to being a grandparent...for now playing soccer with our new puppy is a great substitute...he is just like a toddler...