7 deadly sins

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Recently I have stumbled over a few pictures,lines and even an article dealing with the 7 deadly sins in some form.

In Joy Fielding's novel "Shadow Creek" one character jokingly lists some other things she finds way worse than the 7 deadly sins as described in the bible.

The following photo has been going around on Facebook when the Surpreme court ruled gay marriage legal in each of the United States.

[​IMG]

And the following article speaks of the Vatican coming up with a net set of 7 deadly sins :

1. "Bioethical" violations such as birth control

2. "Morally dubious" experiments such as stem cell research

3. Drug abuse

4. Polluting the environment

5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor

6. Excessive wealth

7. Creating poverty

http://boingboing.net/2008/03/10/vatican-comes-up-wit.html

All this has got me curious to what everyone of you would consider the 7 deadly sins of this time or generally speaking (come up with a new set), and what you think of the 7 deadly sins as described in the bible.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor

6. Excessive wealth

7. Creating poverty

Basically the modern day combined definition of gluttony and greed. Throw in pride due to the attitudes of individuals who engage in and encourage the behavior that contributes to those very things.

3. Tosadi

Tosadi Restricted

This is the African syndrome. African countries are yet to disinfect themselves against these viruses. While I'm not against excessive wealth if duly acquired, corruption & highhandedness of the (s)elected few have impoverished the people and the region. Too bad

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The same has happened in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Russia's Putin and his co-hort Oligarchs are obscenely wealthy via the same route.

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Do you wonder if this isn't just norm? I mean there isn't a country or a people on the planet that hasn't had this issue.