The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

761.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

First look at Invincible's NEW costume in Season 3.

image (10).jpg

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

4. SilverSmith

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Robert Downey Jr. Returning to MCU to Play Dr. Doom in New Avengers : Doomsday Movie

[​IMG]

In a surprise turn of events, Robert Downey Jr. is returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe — this time to play Doctor Doom. The Iron Man star, who officially retired from the MCU with his character’s death in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame, will play Dr. Doom in the next Avengers film — now officially titled Avengers: Doomsday — which is set for release in May 2026.

In addition, the Russo Brothers were officially confirmed as the directors for both Doomsday as well as the fifth Avengers movie, Secret Wars, now set to premiere in May 2027.

Originally, the fourth Avengers movie was announced as Avengers: The Kang Dynasty — a title pointing to the involvement of villainous multiverse-travelling Kang, played by Jonathan Majors. Then, in December 2023, Majors was convicted of domestic assault, and Marvel fired him from the franchise.

Since Majors’ firing, the studio had yet to confirm whether a new actor would be cast as Kang, or if the franchise-wide story being told would go in a new direction. Saturday’s bombshell news confirmed the latter approach, with both the change in title as well as the reveal of Downey Jr.’s new MCU role.

In the Marvel universe, Doctor Victor von Doom is a primary antagonist of the Fantastic Four — a brilliant scientific mind as well as the leader of a small Eastern European country, the character was played by Julian McMahon in the 2005 and 2007 Fantastic Four movies, and Toby Kebbell in 2015’s Fantastic Four.

While he’s faced off against Tony Stark in the comics, there’s no pre-established connection between Doctor Doom and Iron Man that would explain this casting choice, though as anyone following the current MCU narrative knows, it’s very likely that the multiverse is involved.

Unconfirmed is if Downey Jr. might make his debut as Victor von Doom in the first official Fantastic Four movie, which Marvel also announced would be titled The Fantastic Four: First Steps — though it was previously announced that Marvel’s First Family would be facing off against Ralph Ineson as Galactus.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't like it, Marvel trying to lean on "celebrities" to boost the MCU backup is problematic in my opinion. One of the reasons the MCU has been so successful was it was story-driven not movie star-driven. Once they start going down the road of vanity project movies, the story telling will suffer.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who Is Marvel’s Sidewinder? Giancarlo Esposito’s Captain America Brave New World Villain Explained

[​IMG]

Giancarlo Esposito is confirmed to be playing Sidewinder in Captain America: Brave New World, but just who is this Marvel villain?

At San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios announced Giancarlo Esposito's mysterious MCU villain for Captain America 4 is Sidewinder, the leader of the Serpent Society.

Brave New World's first trailer offered a preview of Esposito's comic book baddie, showing him in all black and toting a rifle.

[​IMG]

But in print, Sidewinder sported a dramatically different look.

[​IMG]

In Marvel Comics, Sidewinder was known as Seth Voelker, a hiree by the Roxxon Oil Company to retrieve the Serpent Crown and who was outfitted with a cloak possessing teleportation powers.

Voelker ultimately formed the Serpent Society and recruited various snake-themed villains (and Captain America antagonists), including Anaconda, Cobra, Princess Python, Black Mamba and Diamondback, the latter with whom he was romantically involved.

Diamondback (aka Rachel Leighton) is already confirmed for Captain America 4 and will be played by Rosa Salazar.

Ever since The Mandalorian star joined the Anthony Mackie-led cast during additional photography, his villain's identity had been carefully guarded but frequently teased.

His reveal as Sidewinder is interesting, given that character's comic book roots and Diamondback's presence in Captain America 4.

But the question is how Marvel Studios intends to adapt the slippery, teleporting the comic book character into live-action.

While that remains to be seen, casting the scene-stealing Esposito is a brilliant move given that Captain America: Brave New World was already crowded with compelling villains, such as Tim Blake Nelson's The Leader and Harrison Ford's Thaddeus Ross/Red Hulk.

It will be fascinating to see how these antagonists connect and their impact on Mackie's Captain America and the future of the MCU.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

SDCC 2024 - Superman & Lois Sneak Peek

11. Tamstrong

Mike Deodato Jr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Geez! people just don't seem to give a crap about spoiling movies anymore. Every time I go on Youtube there is a video with Deadpool and Wolverine spoilers in the thumbnail. I was going to go see the movie this week when I had the time, but now I might just wait until it's streaming in 2 or 3 months.

13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I really know what you mean. I have been selectively watching "House of the Dragon" every other weekend to maximize my subscription value of MAX. I use YouTube religiously but people are always putting up spoilers when I like to watch the show two episodes at a time on Sunday nights. You might have to scrub your YouTube favorites so they don't inundate you with spoilers of whatever your interests are.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

IMG_1224.jpeg

16. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• List
  18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I saw Deadpool and Wolverine, I really didn’t like it.

Ryan Reynolds level of “humor“ needs to be taken in very small doses.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I've said that for YEARS!

He goes overboard and don't take breaks. Now I do think he is lightly funny, but he thinks he is outright hilarious and he gives it to you way too much. But a lot of other people either like it or put up with it.