Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20240530_173857.jpg
    20240530_172217.jpg

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Screenshot_20240530-200530_(1).png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1717184391083.jpg

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I’m not trying to be a party pooper, but Trump’s not going to jail. He’s a 78 year-old man with infirmities and zero prior felony convictions. He will get fines and a suspended sentence.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I don't think anyone really expects he'll be sentenced to any jail time, especially as a member of the good old boys club. He deserves to be locked up, but it would be a surprising outcome if it actually happened.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This.

Trump & all his cult followers are nothing more than a reflection of why AmeriKKKa is & always has been a smoke and mirrors concept of a country.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I mentioned that he isn't going to jail because I see a lot of parallels between 2016 and now, like how everyone was/is acting like legal or political setbacks were/are going to keep Trump out of the White House. It didn't work then, and it might not work now, getting a false sense of victory is dangerous. Remember, Trump is an agent of chaos, and only one being in the universe can declare victory over chaos.

9. Since1980

I just think it's hilarious how Republicans are going to keep calling everyone else corrupt while they literally support and defend an actual convicted felon. And let's not even get into the other fraud cause where he was found liable, or the sexual assualt case where he was also found liable, or the other three(!) serous criminal cases that are still pending in various jurisdictions around the country...

Hopefully the GOP does plenty of stretching before they start the months of mental gymnastics we're all about to witness for the next few years.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  10. Since1980

aq8p9kwjht3d1.jpeg

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Truth!!! I am thrilled at what this must be doing to his wannabe-tough-guy, and crybaby ego.

12. Tamstrong

I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. I don't think any of us have any delusions about the very real possibility of Trump ending up in the White House again. I agree that getting a false sense of victory is a dangerous thing, but I don't think that's what's happening here. I don't see celebrating (if that's even the best word for it) these positive moments as claiming victory, but I do find it encouraging. And we need all the encouragement and hope we can get in the midst of all the chaos and insanity.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If Trump gets back in office it will be for the same reasons that he even got in office the first time : People choosing to not see him as the total fucked example of a human being that he is. And then making excuses for his fuckery or placing blame on others for said fuckery in order to save face that THEY contributed to him & his ilk being in power.

14. Tamstrong

No doubt his ego can't take it, but as a narcissist denial is his go-to way of coping. He's not capable of dealing with any truth/reality of anything that puts him in any other light.

15. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

17. Since1980

To no one's surpise, he's still acting like a goddamn crybaby.

I know this comes as a shock to everyone.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

God Damn AmeriKKKa in it's full CONTEXT.

19. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member