Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

That movie comes out Jan 12.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Having returned to the Fire TV ecosystem this month with my purchase of the latest Fire TV Stick Max, I just have to say that Fire TV does a WAY BETTER job of recommending me films & TV shows than the Apple TV box did. IMO this is becuz Prime Video & FreeVee are built right into the front interface of Fire TV, meanwhile the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box is a separate app I could just ignore, so I never used it.

3. ColiBreh1

Speaking of which, on the Fire TV I just stumbled onto a couple of holiday IR romcom films from the last few years that were never posted in tbis thread:

"A Christmas Exchange" from 2020 starring Laura Vandervoot (The chick that played Supergirl on "Smallville"):

"The Christmas Checklist" from last year:

"The Christmas Checklist" is on a multiple free streaming apps, so I'm not gonna bother to post where to watch it.

"A Christmas Exchange" is free to watch on the studio's official YouTube channel, but it's unlisted. Here's the link:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Skimmed thru it, clearly made for thirty something white women (everyone's favorite demo) who want to push the envelope but don't want to deal with body issues or whatever. it ain't for me.

As a sidebar, that red head in the movie crazy I hope like hell I never meet anyone like that in real life

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Nice finds!

6. ColiBreh1

A few non-christmas indie IR romcom films that I recently stumbled onto while browsing Fire TV:

1. From 2019 (But didn't debut/premiere in the U.S. until 2021), "The Baby Proposal" (previously known as "Comeback Kid"):

Original studio trailer:

UPtv trailer:

According to JustWatch, you can stream "The Baby Proposal" for free on the Plex TV app & website.

2. From 2020 (premiered/debuted in the U.S. in 2021), "Calling for Love" (Previously known as "Chasing the One"):

Original studio trailer:

UPtv trailer:

Looks like you can stream "Calling for Love" for free on Amazon Freevee, Roku Channel app, & YouTube.

3. From 2022, "Love on Fire" (previously known as "Hot in Love"):

studio trailer:

UPtv trailer:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Thanks! Nice finds.

These movies has a mid 2000s romcom feel to them.

Here is the trailer to Love On Fire

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

I just stumbled onto another indie IR romcom film while browsing Amazon Prime Video:

From 2022, "Harmony in Paradise":

The male co-lead Actor is Afro-Domincan in case y'all wondering.

9. darkcurry

wrong thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

it´s a series? Damn, and I don´t know how to edit or delete here. I´ll post on tv thread, then.

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's been taken care of and moved to the correct thread.

The best solution is to report the post and ask for it to be moved. It's a quick and easy fix.

• List
  12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

And RHONJ Teresa Guidice with her tan self.

13. ColiBreh1

Just found out that an older film that I should've watched a decade ago & I've never seen posted about in this thread has IR love interests involving 2 notable actors.

The 2009 indie comedy film "Mystery Team" starring Donald Glover. Quickly skimming through the Wikipedia summary of the film, Aubrey Plaza's character seems to be his love interest. Here are the trailers:

Red band trailer

Green band trailer

I've always known that Donald Glover was the lead/co-lead of this film, but I had no idea that Aubrey Plaza was in this film until I was randomly browsing her Wikipedia page several minutes ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

It's amazing what we miss, right?

But it's mainly due to the fact of the lack of promotion and attention some movies, shows or storylines get.

15. ColiBreh1

Yeah when "Mystery Team" premiered throughout 2009 it was during or right before the 1st seasons of "Parks & Rec" & "Community". So most people didn't who either Donald Glover or Aubrey Plaza were yet.

But as much as we talk about indie films in this thread, you would've thought somebody would've posted about it a long time ago seeing as they both eventually became stars.

16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Is the interracial content in "Requiem for a Dream" any good?!? Is it with Marlon Wayan's character!?! I see the movie is available on Amazon for a free 7 day trail. I have heard about this movie before and the soundtrack is legendary.

17. daemonova

It's not.

Jennifer connelly stares at Keith David crotch for a minute, but they don't do anything or show anything.

Keep yo money in yo pocket!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. daemonova

Io, was a Netflix original but not anymore. Crucial to the plot of movie

19. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the swift reply and warning!! Damn that's pretty terrible for IR content and you know she was liberal enough to do more but back then some directors were so lame about it. She did interracial in other later films but my God . . . if we could have got her in "Jungle Fever II" in the early 90's when she had those ripe, round, creamy white all naturals lol. I don't think she ever did a proper love scene before her breast reduction surgery.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

The relationship is a central plot point of the movie, but Anthony Mackie is barely seen in the movie. And the actual relationship is not shown on screen almost at all.