Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Dont know if this was mentioned but recently came across this film from 2020
    Seven Short films about our Marriage
    "A tempestuous romantic drama in seven vignettes that chronicles an interracial marriage, telling a story of turmoil and tenderness as two people try to make their relationship last."
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8119078/

upload_2023-9-23_19-9-32.jpeg

upload_2023-9-23_19-12-10.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Silent Nights 2016 Danish Short Film - Was actually nominated for an Academy Award
    "This Danish short-film tells the story of a woman who is a volunteer in a homeless shelter in Copenhagen, where she falls in love with an undocumented Ghanaian immigrant."
    upload_2023-9-23_19-26-31.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I mentioned this before. Great movie! Shot up on my list into the top 5 IR(bm/ww) movies of all time.

4. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

That wasn't a sex scene. That was a flash by.

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I said it was a flashback . . . you want something more substantial then I already stated where to go. It was just a plot point of the movie that sort of explained the violence in the opening. I'm still not sure why the wife was killed and who wanted her killed???

6. Young Herschel

Hey . . . do you guys know about "All-American Bikini Car Wash"?!? It is on @Tubi and I saw it years ago in 2019 but I am watching it right now because I remember the interracial subplot it had. The White girl was super-duper hot!!! The brotha was a Steve Urkel stereotype but . . . he did get blessed from what I recall lol ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

Saw Gran Turino...

its there, its pretty much window, seems like they hung out in vips chilling more than anything, its an afterthoughtin the movie
    the parents, yeah, they had kids but they just playing house, no affection between them.

as far as the movie itself, im not a dan id the game, so i didn't like it

• List
  8. darkcurry

On this date in 1996, 27 years ago, The Long Kiss Goodnight was released.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. Young Herschel

I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes but then . . . it drifted off into such an unexpected situation and it could have organically evolved into the teen couple having a more emphatic physical relationship to resolve the issue of fraud right?!? I was disappointed that there was no teen interracial relations which would have surely made the movie more enjoyable.

10. Young Herschel

There is an early scene of gun suicide that probably made it R rated. The first 30 minutes of the movie are so full of IR potential but then it just went left . . . I was already to give it a glowing review too (SMDH).

11. daemonova

The other social economic issues were more important to me, but I understand. It's still a very good movie with a lot of problems

12. daemonova

i cant blame dude for being hesitant and lord knows I experienced something like that when I was his age. My first girlfriend wanted to be together but her idea of together and mine weren't the same. I wanted that physical relationship, she just wanted to hang out, mostly with her family. The chick in the movie, seemed to want it but did she seem to want it because of the cameras, and homeboy didn't want his business in the street

13. Young Herschel

If she is living underneath my roof and claiming to be my girlfriend then she had better find her way upstairs to my bedroom if I am that guy in the movie. It saddened me that they never got any alone time in his room even if it was just to do homework. The natural development of that couple was obvious to all . . . but when it's an interracial teen couple they rarely seem to get those plausible scenario scenes. If it's a White teen couple though or if the guy is White then it's "13 Reasons Why" level content right. I know this was an adaptation from a book but still . . . I was left frustrated that the movie went so off track unforeseeably so. The White actress was quite cute and I thought they had great chemistry for a teen interracial couple.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Zoe Chao is half Irish/English. Also, I just watched this movie and I thought it was great. Whimsical rom-com with some touching moments and frank dialogue about sex and romance. They had tremendous chemistry as well. I recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. daemonova

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Henry Dubrios

Henry Dubrios New Member

OK, this looks fun

17. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

There is a movie called Country Hearts starring wrestler Chris Jericho that came out a few days ago on UPTV, and a Black man is the old flame of one of the daughters.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  18. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I saw that when it was released with the four other nominations at the theaters for a couple of weeks. Did not like it at all.

• List
  19. darkcurry

If anyone didn't get a chance to see this. VERY good movie. I recommend. It was underrated to mainstream of course.

20. bdeep

bdeep Well-Known Member

Underrated movie