Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well Denzel played a quadriplegic in the bone collector.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of faith-based indie IR films, I noticed that the 2013 film "I'm in Love With a Church Girl" starring Ja Rule & Adrienne Bailon had never been posted about in this thread. So I'm posting about it now:

LOL, I can't help but chuckle at the plot of this film. It's so cheesy. But the whole storyline about him being a big time drug dealer that ran the city makes this film much more interesting than you typical low-budget Lifetime/Hallmark/TubiTV or indie faith-based romcom, so I'm definitely gonna watch it.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I htink because she(Adrienne Bailon) is latina.

4. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

5. ColiBreh1

Oh shit! LOL, This is why I don't like drive-by posting of trailers in this thread without any context. I'm just now seeing that the female lead (with the black male love interest) in this film "As They Made Us" is Dianna Agron (The chick who played 1 of the female leads, the head cheerleader Quinn, on the earlier seasons of "Glee").

If 1 of y'all had mentioned this, I would've added this film to my watchlist when it was originally posted instead of overlooking this post.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I just rented this movie and will watch it with dinner tonight at 8:00. It is on Apple iTunes and Prime Video too. I have very much been forward to this IR historical flick starting Samara Weaving and she looks as good as the Flame grilled, Hickory smoked Spatchcock chicken I have prepared South Carolina style baby!!! Three levels of South Carolina flavor with Tomato binder from "Smoky BBQ" made in North Charleston, SC via Noble Made and then "Vinegar-Pepper BBQ" sauce from West Columbia, SC via Maurice's Piggy Park in the middle of the cook to baste the bird. Gong to finish it in ten minutes with Hickory Mustard BBQ sauce from Maurice's Piggy Park too!!

7. daemonova

lea Michelle has bigger canons but Dianna has a prettier face

8. daemonova

This was one of my top ten films of last year and it's now on Hulu.

Yes. There is an interracial kiss.
    Yes. Jenna Ortega is in everything, oh my God

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

With all the hype on her rise with Wednesday, X and Scream 4 I forgot she was in this movie.

10. daemonova

Emila Clarke from game of thrones

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. darkcurry

Looks nothing like I imagined it would be. Could work. Looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"Look Who's Stalking" is premiering now on Lifetime. It features a White female surgeon and her biracial daughter who are dealing with the anniversary of her longtime stalker's death. I missed the very beginning of the movie but from family photos throughout the house you can see her late husband who is Black. I don't know if he was in the beginning of the movie.

13. ColiBreh1

Watching "Dear Zoe" right now. Is the brotha that lives next door supposed to a knockoff of J. Cole or something? His whole look reminds me of J. Cole + the character is also a Rapper.

14. ColiBreh1

Looks like nobody posted about this film that just came out last week:

• List
  15. darkcurry

It was due to a poor promotion of the film. It was quietly released last week. This film has a %93 rating on rotten tomatoes(out of 40 reviews) and %80 rating on fandango.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aporia_2023
    https://www.fandango.com/aporia-2023-232489/movie-overview

It's a limited release so it will be tough to find where this movie is playing at. But it looks interesting. We might go out and catch it some time next week... IF we find a area where it's playing. lol.

16. ColiBreh1

I don't think "Aporia" was poorly prompted. It's just a limited release indie film. We post about indie films in this thread all the time, so that isn't good excuse especially when the lead couple are played by 2 recognizable actors.

17. ColiBreh1

Yeah, I'm watching "As They Made Us" right now. Dianna Agron is still fine.

18. darkcurry

Not us. I'm talking about overall promotion of the film. Indie films starring prominent actors that are HIGHLY rated among critics gets mainstream attention and 'buzz'. Maybe it will pick up as time pasts.

19. ColiBreh1

"Gran Turismo" comes out next weekend & nobody ever posted the 2 trailers that have been released since this post, so I'm posting them now:

According to Wikipedia, Maeve Courtier-Lilley plays the lead biracial brotha's love interest.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Papai é Pop