Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They may have took a big step back this year but all four of these movies including Something From Tiffany's which we just watched last night are probably the best Christmas rom-coms out this year.

[​IMG]

Something From Tiffany's was great. It was creative with the story telling, very fine acting, wonderful tale of a blossoming romance and an intriguing subplot. 10/10

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I stumbled onto another 1 called "The Snowball Effect"

EDIT:

According to it's IMDB page, "The Snowball Effect" is supposed to premiere on the Tubi app/website on Christmas Eve.

@Jeffrey Tripp Only mentioned 3 films. What 4th film were you talking about?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  3. darkcurry

it was a miscount by me.

4. ColiBreh1

I stumbled onto to another new X-mas film called "Christmas on Repeat":

According to JustWatch.com, the film is only available on Hulu.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Plot summary:

Set in England, this 2022 rom-com follows Adam (Alfred Enoch) and Emma (Kaya Scodelario) on their daily commute, where they see (but don’t speak to) the same passengers every day. One day Adam breaks the unspoken taboo and invites the entire carriage to hold their own Christmas party.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

Trailer for "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse" finally dropped:

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. darkcurry

The Seven Faces of Jane - Official Trailer (2023) Gillian Jacobs

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

Good find by @Shulz021. According to IMDB this "A Candlelit Christmas" film was renamed to "Scentsational Christmas". So keep that in mind when you look up the film.

• List
  10. darkcurry

A GOOD PERSON Trailer (2023) Florence Pugh, Chinaza Uche, Morgan Freeman Movie

Chinaza who plays Florence's fiance is not listed in the trailer (nor is he in the trailer that much.) so I put his name there myself.

11. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Did a serach and could not find it mentioned here but came across a movie from 2016

Morris from America
    Its more of a coming of age story.
    A teenage African American rapper adapts to life in Heidelberg, Germany, alongside his widowed father and falls in love with a rebellious classmate. He struggles to belong and pursue his dreams of hip-hop stardom.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

I'm not sure if I've seen "Morris from America" or not, but I'm sure it was mentioned in this subforum.

EDIT:

Go t o page 47 of this thread. That's where we originally discussed "Morris from America".

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

I'm currently watching "Record Breaking Christmas" & I looked up the cast on the IMDB app. I just realized the black male co-lead actor, Andrew Bushell, is the same dude that is the male co-lead in the romcom film "Kiss the Cook" I posted in this thread a few months ago: https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/posts/1170818/

He's also the love interest of 1 of the 2 female co-leads in another new Christmas romcom film called "Christmas Plus One":

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21148452/

He's also the male co-lead in this romcom film that came out last year called "Love at Sky Gardens:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15565698/

Trailer for faith-based UpTV streaming service premiere:

Studio trailer:

EDIT:

The female co-lead in this "Record Breaking Christmas" film, Michelle Argyris, was also the female co-lead in 1 of the IR Christmas romcom films from last year "Welcome to the Christmas Family Reunion": https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/posts/1159089/

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • List
  14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I first heard of it in 2016 from a show from a Black radio station. Missed buying a DVD copy of that flick.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Still a great flick.

16. ColiBreh1

I just finished "Christmas Plus One". It's a love triangle romcom that the brotha ends up losing, so I can't really recommend it.

17. ColiBreh1

I believe this is the actual trailer for "Campfire Christmas":

• List
  18. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

That was an insulting triangle because what was the point? That the brotha missed out? Seemed unnecessary

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. darkcurry

The director of this film is Meeshelle Neal. One look at her filmography and it shows she has no good history of working with black male actors. She has another movie out this year where the white male actor is again the love interest in her film. I think she has worked so far with 3 black people. lol.

Some times that doesn't matter and we get filmmakers that does GREAT IR between black men/white women. Like with the Christmas on Repeat Director Lindsay Hartley. She has very little history of working with black male actors. And one of the rare times she does he is the main guy and she gives him a beautiful IR family and pairs him with Jennifer Taylor who we should remember from Two In A Half Men.

But even with that it's still a rarity.

20. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

In Christmas on Repeat they didn't even kiss if I remember correctly.