Ukraine War

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Putin thinks he's a "Tsar."

2. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

What is happening in Ukraine is horrible, lie something from WW2.
    But if European governments decide to get involved, we will have WW3.
    And our continent will become a wasteland with millions dead. (as has been predicted !)
    So people need to think before they start calling for NATO intervention.
    Of course Zelenskyy is doing his best to arouse public opinion to enter the war against Russia. That is normal.
    This war will eventually translate into an Afghanistam style insurgency, funded by outside powers.
    Ukranians will be pawns in a superpower struggle.
    Ukranians who remain will suffer. Those who left will never return.
    We must do everything to make a ceasefire before more people die.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Good.

LOL, without looking it up to be 100% sure, everyone of those GOP senators is from a red state. Either way, I haven't seen any polling that shows sending $14 Billion to the corrupt Ukraine government is even popular with the American public to begin with.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  4. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

276996679_10160274518572028_7430874386181339261_n.jpg

5. Bookworm616

Proof the Democratic Party has become the warmongering party. 20 years ago, this was the thinking of the Republican Party.

We need to stay the F out of this war. We don't want war with Russia nor, by extension, China.

F no. Say no to war.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Some things don't age well. Consider this Feb 18, 2022 discussion on the Fixed News Channel about the probability of Putin invading Ukraine.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Every second of those people talking I can physically feel myself becoming dumber.

8. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

It might feel like that war is very far from you but in reality the war is only 80 km from America now. They have bombed Lwiw. Lwiw is 80 km from NATO territory. I’m not saying it’ll come to that, of course nobody wants it but you can’t think it doesn’t concern you because you are in America.

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If Putin took over Ukraine, wouldn't Putin literally have NATO nations on his border, via Ukraine?

IMO Putin didn't think this out, unless his intention from the beginning was to take over all of Eastern and Central Europe.
    This invasion was only inevitable to a madman. Russia faced no threat from Ukraine, and to think otherwise is nonsense.

10. Bookworm616

Sorry, we don't need to enter any more wars. We've already screwed up the Middle East. And with Russia comes China. No thanks.

It's time other countries step up.

11. Madeleine

Ok, then maybe you guys should notify other nations in time that you don’t intend to abide by your contracts any more and you intend to ignore NATO article 5.

12. andreboba

You really need to study the history of WW2. When a tyrant has global aspirations and the USA decides to bet we're protected by the Atlantic Ocean, there is always blowback.
    Most Americans if given a choice would avoid war at all costs. That's not the same as appeasement. Giving over Eastern Europe to avoid another war is not how you stop someone like Putin.

Ironically, we spend almost a TRILLION dollars annually on our military budget, but when actual global events demand that we act, conservatives are covering their eyes.

That's not how you defeat monsters like Putin.

13. Madeleine

So we gonna step away from Russia and China because we are scared and let them take over the world like pinky and brain? Good luck!

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have you watched FOX News or payed attention to GOP politicians in congress lately? Other than Tucker Carslon's show & a handful of anti-war GOP congressmen, They've gone full NeoCon & constantly sucking up nonstop to Ukraine & their clown-ass President Zelensky since the war started.

15. Madeleine

Clown-ass President from someone who had the orange clown as a president who was number 1 sucker up to Putin.

16. Bookworm616

Proof? Other than our liberally-biased media who smeared him every chance they got?

Because, IF he was the #1 sucker up to Putin, wouldn't Putin have invaded Ukraine whilst Trump was President??

It's funny how Putin annexed Crimea under Obama-D, was totally quiet under Trump-R, and then invaded Ukraine not much more than a year after Biden-D became President.

Things just aren't adding up here.

17. Bookworm616

LMAO! I had forgotten I'm a Congresswoman in disguise on this site and my vote will actually decide whether or not we help out Ukraine.

Give it a rest, lady. Stop with your passive-aggressive bullshit.

Let your country step up. What are other countries in NATO doing? Is the US the ONLY one that can help? Give me a break.

18. Madeleine

If you don’t know what other countries are currently doing go read some international news.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Putin didn't invade exactly because Trump was in his pocket. Putin's ultimate goal is to regain what Russia lost after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but why risk his assets and troops when he had a useful idiot like Trump helping to destabilize the status quo in Europe. Let's just list a few things Trump did that put a smile on Putin's face.

Trump threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine unless they give him dirt on a political rival.
    Trump publicly took Putin's side over his own intelligence agencies when they told him that Russia interfered with the elections. He also tried to pass the blame to Ukraine.
    Trump openly criticizes NATO on several occasions, even questioning the U.S.'s future support of the treaty.
    Trump openly discussed with his top aides, leaving NATO and abandoning South Korea if he had gotten a 2nd term.

That last item there is the real key to the situation, If The U.S. pulled out of NATO, Russia could (and probably would) steamroll over the entire continent of Europe.

So when Trump failed to get re-elected in 2020, Putin no longer had his "inside man" running interference for him, so he had to do it himself.

20. andreboba

Do you know why NATO was founded??
    The United Nations??

I'm sick of war too, but this is different than the wars in Afghanistan/Iraq. In the 21st century, what Putin is doing is psychotic.

He needs to be stopped, and NATO is the only organization equipped to stop him.

It's crazy to me that so many conservatives behind closed doors are saying fuck Ukraine.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022