Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Because you don't think I'll listen to your point of view?

Kind of proves my point, if that's the case. LOL.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

You had to go back to 1977??lol

Explain to me please what is liberal, progressive, 'Democratic' ideology that's dragging this country down?

Believe what you want, but the conservative, Republican party has been trading in racist tropes since Nixon. When Trump supporters are bringing confederate flags and Nazi iconography to rallies, you need to ask yourself WHY??

Black folk in America historically have been religiously and culturally conservative. even after slavery and Jim Crow.
    You really need to question why that all changed after the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act were passed into law.

You need to google 'Lee Atwater' and former Alabama governor George Wallace and ask yourself why they became members of the GOP.

The statement still holds true; if you're a Republican it doesn't mean you are racist, but if you are racist, you most likely align with the Republican party.

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

You never have before, which means there is literally no point in doing so.

4. Since1980

Not to mention all the voter suppression legislation that's designed to make it more difficult for certain demographics to vote in order to combat nonexistent voter fraud.

But people ain't ready for that conversation 'round these parts.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Since1980

The problem is that, even if there is evidence of stuffed ballot boxes, ballots don't count towards vote totals until they have actually been counted. Ballot boxes don't count ballots, people (or other specifically designed machines do). Plus, there are extremely complex safeguards to prevent against the very same thing this movie claims to have actually happened. I can put a McDonald's wrapper in a ballot box, but it doesn't mean that Mayor McCheese is going to get sworn in anytime soon.

And on top of that, if the Presidential election is somehow invalidated because of voter fraud, then so is every other election because they're all on the exact same ballot. $20 says that this film has absolutely nothing to say about that.

Yeah...don't get your hopes up for this one.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  7. Since1980

Alright, now I am going to do what I can to take this forum back to what it was in the good old days!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Bookworm616

I love how you completely skipped over the racist comment he made in 2020.

So, you all are okay with a white man drilling you all down to one-dimensional beings? If you don't vote for me, you ain't black implies two massive things: Dems don't value you as voters, they assume you're going to vote for them because of the letter at the end of their name and it also means they don't have to pass any kind of real legislation to help black people because they take your vote for granted, no matter what they say or do.

Keep allowing yourselves to get duped by the democratic party. Maybe some day, you all will wake up and stop being so stubbornly loyal to a party that doesn't give a shit about you and takes your votes for granted.

9. Bookworm616

Good luck with that! The fun people have all left.

10. andreboba

Exactly what kind of specific legislation could Democrats pass that only helps Black folk that Republicans wouldn't block?? Biden tried to pass a bill earlier this year that would help working families and it didn't pass because not ONE single Republican voted for it.

Joe was inarticulate when he said it, but if you're Black living under a two party political system, voting for a Republican is stupid.

At least the Dems have maintained government programs that indirectly help poor Black folk, programs the GOP are trying to abolish.

11. Since1980

If only I didn't have to do it alone lol.

12. andreboba

Ladies and gentlemen, the world is in trouble. All I'm hearing is that more sanctions against Putin won't do anything to stop his war of aggression in Hkraine.

If the only way to stop Putin is with military force, we're in for a major shit-show.

13. andreboba

The GOP is severely broken, and I don't know when in this country an autocratic dictator was more popular than a freely elected American president.
    Sad to say, but the Right has literally become a fascist party. God help us.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-as-ukra...s-a-stronger-leader-than-biden-192437439.html

[​IMG]
    Poll: As Ukraine tensions escalate, 62% of Republicans say Putin is a 'stronger leader' than Biden

With at least 100,000 Russian troops massing on the border of Ukraine, more than 6 in 10 Republicans and GOP-leaning independents (62 percent) now say Russian President Vladimir Putin is “a stronger leader” than Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

Fewer than half as many Republicans (25 percent) decline to take sides, saying neither leader is stronger than the other.

And just 4 percent of Republicans say Biden is stronger than Putin.

14. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

No suprise here as many of them still won't risk getting #45 upset

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220224_180049.jpg

16. Since1980

Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave right now. His party is openly kissing up to and making excuses for dictators. How any rational and free-thinking American can support or even defend this, I have zero idea.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  17. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I don`t think Ukraine is really expecting other countries to send military forces. It expects military supplies so that they can continue fighting Russians.

18. andreboba

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Biden called a lid at 5.30pm on Friday, off to his Delaware home for the weekend. (at Bernies).
    Shhh, do not disturb.