Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This is another movie I forgot about. lol.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Joel Coen’s ‘Tragedy of Macbeth’

The Thane of Cawdor is hitting the Upper West Side.

Joel Coen’s “The Tragedy of Macbeth” will make its world premiere as the opening night film of the 59th New York Film Festival. The update on William Shakespeare’s classic tale of sound and fury stars Denzel Washington as the title character and Frances McDormand as his scheming wife. Coen and McDormand are married and have previously collaborated to memorable effects on the likes of “Fargo” and “Blood Simple.” “The Tragedy of Macbeth” is a rare solo directing outing for Joel Coen, who makes most of his movies as one-half of the Coen Brothers along with Ethan Coen.

“The Tragedy of Macbeth” will screen at Alice Tully Hall on Sept. 24, Film at Lincoln Center, the non-profit behind the festival, announced. In a press release touting the movie, festival organizers described it as “a work of stark chiaroscuro and incantatory rage, Joel Coen’s boldly inventive visualization of The Scottish Play is an anguished film that stares, mouth agape, at a sorrowful world undone by blind greed and thoughtless ambition.”

“The Tragedy of Macbeth” will be released by Apple and A24 this fall. Macbeth and his ill-considered power grab have been a frequent cinematic subject over the years, with auteurs like Orson Welles and Roman Polanski putting their spin on the Bard’s tale of bloody ambition.

[​IMG]

[via Variety]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. SilverSmith

Kid Cudi and Ariana Grande will play an on-again, off-again couple in Netflix's upcoming dark comedy Don't Look Up, alongside an all-star cast.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I just knew it was a comedy when I saw how Leo was acting in that bathroom mirror scene lol. Sucks we have to wait so long to see it though (Christmas eve)

5. darkcurry

Chevalier

De Saint-Georges son of an African slave rose to great heights in society, as both a violinist and composer, and champion fencer. Love affair with a noblewoman, and a falling out with Marie and her court led to his untimely downfall.

Kelvin Harris, jr as Chevalier De Saint-Georges - Lucy Boynton as Marie Antionette - Samara Weaving as Marie-Josephine
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

https://frenchflicks.com/read/items...ntoinette-and-chevalier-de-saint-georges.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...orges-searchlight-drama-exclusive-1234979071/

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. Observeree

Observeree New Member

Really interesting that we are getting all of these period pieces that include BM/WW relationships. Is this a recent thing? Or, have I just missed these types of movies previously? Feels like this generation of movie goers and ideals behind the camera aren't playing any games with featuring these couplings.

For example, you hear about Hitch and how originally Will Smith was to be paired with a Cameron Diaz but executives feared that America wasn't ready for that kind of relationship in a movie, so he was paired with Eva Mendes instead (which turned out great, maybe better)...but then cut scene to the movie Focus with Margot Robbie in 2016. Some progress I do believe.

7. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I may give it a viewing. I'm not that big a fan of Kid Cudi, but this casting has piqued my interest.

9. darkcurry

Somewhat of a direct effect of Bridgerton because there are other projects in development that are being compared to that show but features a white love story.

I was reading up on this Chevalier and apparently he had romantic tryst with both of them.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

Lily-Rose Depp and The Weeknd will star in HBO's The Idol drama series, which The Weeknd and Sam Levinson created. She will play a singer who falls in love with an enigmatic club owner who leads a secret cult.

[​IMG]

[via Deadline.com]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • List
  11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I'm starting to notice that Black men are being cast in the role of the object of affection and desire more often. This show along with other upcoming shows and movies like Love life and Chevalier. A Black male lead with multiple love interest particularly White women is progress for sure. Maybe inspired by the first Black Bachelor. lol

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

That seems very on brand for the Weeknd lol

13. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I don’t know guys Sam Levinson is the guy behind Euphoria and Drake is an exec producer. We all know what he did to McKay in season 1 of that show somehow a guy who biggest transgression on the show was making his gf cry is the most hated guy on the show.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. SilverSmith

Emilia Clarke and Chiwetel Ejiofor are set to headline The Pod Generation, a sci-fi romantic comedy.

Set in a future where AI is all the rage and nature is becoming a distant memory, the story revolves around Rachel (Clarke) and Alvy (Ejiofor), a New York couple who are ready to take their relationship to the next level and start a family. Rachel’s work gives them a chance to use a new tool developed by a tech giant, Pegasus, which offers couples the opportunity to share pregnancy on a more equal footing via detachable artificial wombs, or pods. Alvy, a botanist, and devoted purist has doubts, but his love for Rachel prompts him to take a leap of faith.

Shooting starts in March 2022.

[​IMG]

[via Variety.com]

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. darkcurry

So he's going to be pregnant... or at least look(and feel) like it.

I don't know about this one. It is a comedy though so we'll see.

16. SilverSmith

He's not going to be pregnant. She will have an external artificial womb.

17. darkcurry

The "equal footing" part tells me he's going to be having that artificial womb on as well. lol. This could go very wrong, but with it being a comedy hopefully very right as I'am a fan of the two actors here.

18. SilverSmith

Hopefully, you are wrong in assuming they will have pods attached to their bodies. If you're right, I'll eat a large serving of crow! LOL

19. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

She's an actress I always wanted to see with a Black man.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry

I looked into this premise a little more and this is sounding like they will. lol.
    via collider

https://collider.com/emilia-clarke-chiwetel-ejiofor-cast-the-pod-generation/

But although this is a comedy the managing director seems to be making it a cautionary tale of where technology could be taking us. The more I read into this it sounds interesting. The director of the film is Sophie Barthes. I don't recognize any of her film history to get a idea of the type of film she would make this into. Hopefully it's good because like I said these two actors are some of my favs.

• List