The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah they really overrate how much the average viewer cares about Gina lol.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

This is the same week that a Black active duty military IN UNIFORM was stopped and pepper sprayed by PIGS who literally tried to kill him. They cared not for his service. That Falcon & Winter Soldier scene rang true as fuck because that's exactly how they creep up on you. They subverted expectations by having Bucky be the one to actually get arrested.

3. RicardoCooper

Overlord DVD aka Doomcock is the one on YouTube who's always going in on Star Trek Discovery, so in that case, the enemy of my enemy is my friend

4. Skaddix

Oh yeah that dude I agree with most of what he says about Star Wars and Star Trek lol. Beyond that not so much.

He said Casablanca was his favorite movie once and bitches about Politics in Movies and TV...which is funny cause Casablanca is one of the most political movies ever made.

5. RicardoCooper

This is why I can't fully buy into white boy shit anymore, it's got that alt-right edge now. When I was young in the 80s their shit was fun, like hair metal bands, you could like that shit and go see the bands and you would have no problems as a Black dude. Now they're one step away from lighting tiki torches or doing the Hitler salute at any given time no thanks.

Was it last year this brother went with his white friends into the woods to go camping...he went off to take a piss and these hillbillies jumped out of the bushes and tried to lynch him...his white buddies helped fight 'em off, in 2019-2020. I'm chill, thanks lol

6. Skaddix

Well that is not the best way to learn if your white friends can be trusted but its good to know they backed him up.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

We'll see. I don't trust anyone outside of straight black men to write good stories about black men followed by some white dudes. Everyone else does a grade A awful job.

8. The Dark King

I don't attest to that poc nonsense lol

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The majority of the country is definitely right-wing or moderate. The problem is The Cathedral (corporate MSM & academia) is left-wing & in the tank for the Dems.

EDIT:

Just read the Mediaite article. IDK if the rumor Doomcock is true or not, but Mediaite never actually debunks the rumor in the article.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't think that's true, Republicans have admitted that if it wasn't for gerrymandering the GOP would never win another election.

11. Skaddix

Indeed Thump, Not to mention moderates arent cancelling their Disney Plus accounts over that lol.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You're confusing political party with political ideology. For example the overwhelming majority of black folks are conservative or moderate but we vote 90% for Dems.

EDIT:

Gerrymandering only effects district election races & has no effect on state-wide (i.e. POTUS, U.S. Senate, Governor, Lt. Governor, state AG, State supreme court, & etc.), city-wide, & county-wide election races. Dems also gerrymander in blue states too.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's coded language.

When they yelled at Kap to "respect our military" that actually meant 'respect the white people in our military'. When they say "comply and you won't get shot" that means if a white cop shoots or kills a black person it's okay. That event involving that black active duty military soldier and that black cop that accidentally shot that white woman has exposed their racially coded language.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Our Conservatism is different from White Wing branded con-servatism. Ours actually is based on religious values where their’s only wears religion as a cloak to slip other non-Christian ideas through (oppression, racism, corporate greed, etc ...).

Plus, for the most part, black Conservatism, as it’s practiced in most African American households, is focused inwards. Meaning, as long as what you do doesn’t limit or harm me or mine, do you. We’re not going to tell you how to live. Whereas republican branded con-servatism seeks to make others live as they would have them live.

There’s more to it. But, there are very practical reasons why we vote Democratic.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'll check out the first episode. But I heard it's supposed to another "woke" show where only women develop powers. One of the taglines from Vulture.com are "The Nevers is a show about female empowerment but only as accessible through female degradation. Women’s lives become special when they are wounded or alienated from the world."

The lone black guy in this(Horatio Cousens played by Zachary Momoh) is supposed to have powers as well and ALSO gained from bigotry.
    His powers are the ability to heal.
    [​IMG]

They call those with powers "The Touched".

BTW: He is supposed to be married with a daughter. But it is no where in the trailer which means his wife is probably white. lol.

Doesn't sound engaging but I will check out the first episode to see for myself if this is something I will be interested in seeing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Skaddix

Yeah when they say Conservative values they mean lets go back pre Civil War lol.

I mean most people are probably economically left insofar as they want better government services, higher minimum wage, etc more like the Nordic COuntries while also being socially conservative in the traditional sense as you noted.

17. RicardoCooper

This is why I barely watch black-targeted stuff anymore like "Queen and Slim". Check the credits and it's some feminist or flat-out lesbian BW behind it. They don't even like us, how can they portray us heroically. Even black male writers are buck-broken male feminists (Ta-Nehisi). Our only hope is white guys who grew up reading comics and stick to them, like Kevin Feige and co. Falcon and War Machine aren't perfect but they haven't been cuckolded (yet) in the MCU unlike Lando in the Star Wars universe

18. The Dark King

True story

19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The new trailer for the final two episodes.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead:

A deserted Las Vegas, a frenzied horde of zombies, and one last opportunity to score $200 million.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List