The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

It was well-scripted, evenly paced, and I'm giving it extra points for cinematography.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean to be fair to CW usually the first Season or two is good...its after that they tend to go off the rails. But yeah its clear they stepped up the game cinematography wise.

Batwoman is just bad though the only question there is if Luke is ever going to tap Kate's Hot Asian Step Sister.

Funny enough DC seems to have a good handle on Superman on TV be it Live Action or Animated....its when they put him in a Movie that they shit the bed.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

No just good. I was shocked. Of course it's the pilot so it has to be good. I fully expect it to morph into familiar CW woke territory as the eps go on

• List
  4. SilverSmith

Nickelodeon To Expand Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a new division to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, the network announced this week during Viacom/CBS' Investor Day presentation. Original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will lead the studio as co-chief creative officers.

The first project is already lined up: an animated theatrical film set to begin production this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/3kswouc

5. SilverSmith

In the first teaser trailer for Netflix's adaptation of the fantasy series, Shadow and Bone, the main protagonist, Alina, the mapmaker learns that she is capable of preventing the world from being absorbed by the perpetual darkness called the Shadow Fold.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  6. SilverSmith

Pacific Rim: The Black

Premise: As Kaiju rising from the sea overruns Australia, two siblings search for their parents as they fight to survive, together. Premieres March 4.

7. SilverSmith

Superman Reboot With Ta-Nehisi Coates Writing, J.J. Abrams Producing

Deadline has confirmed that author Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing a Superman reboot feature for Warner Bros and DC, which J.J. Abrams is producing under his Bad Robot label.

Hannah Minghella will serve as producer. No plot yet and no attachments.

[​IMG]

[
    via Deadline]

8. Skaddix

I fucking hate Coates, he ruined the Black Panther comics....Anti SJWS will eat well for a long time.

Also we got a Black Superman and a Latina Supergirl....guess they wont be related unless one is adopted lol.

9. RicardoCooper

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. RicardoCooper

[​IMG]

11. RicardoCooper

J.J. wrote a Superman script in the 90s that never got made. It's out there online.

• List
  12. SilverSmith

Milestone Returns #0: Infinite Edtion Reveals New Covers

Fans of Static, Icon, Rocket, and Hardware can get their first taste of a new look “Dakotaverse” as Milestone Returns #0: Infinite Edition, available today on participating digital platforms, including Comixology, Amazon Kindle, Nook, Apple, and others. Originally only available as a 17-page comic during last year’s DC FanDome, this “extended cut” adds an additional 24 pages to the original story, reimagining the Big Bang, the Dakota police brutality protest gone wrong that resulted in some of its citizens receiving superpowers.

This added content also includes some highly anticipated news, revealing and confirming an exciting mix of legendary talent and new creative voices continuing Milestone’s renaissance. This one-shot (on sale in comic book stores Tuesday, May 25) reveals the covers for the three digital-first series spinning out of Milestone Returns #0: Infinite Edition:

Static Season One available digitally Monday, April 11

Icon and Rocket available digitally Monday, June 27

Hardware available digitally Monday, August 15

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[via DC Comics]

13. RicardoCooper

I had this idea for a Marvel ripoff of the Big Bang where a Kree spacecraft gets blown up near Earth in battle with a Skrull spaceship. The power core falls to Earth and crashes in the hood, and the radiation starts giving random powers to the hoodlums and gangs. Same concept as Blood Syndicate only super-bloodthirsty i.e. these dudes become Avengers-level threats, straight cop-killing, bank robbing etc. Just think if Colossus was a thug nikka. Super strong and bulletproof. And there was a few hundred like him with more being born everyday. I might have to write this shit up LOL!

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

From what I’m reading, this will be Val-Zod or Calvin Ellis. This could be good.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm not following. What exactly did he do that ruined it for you? Can you elaborate more?

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

More than likely Calvin Ellis if MBJ is cast as Superman. That is the name he mentioned in a interview when talking about playing Superman.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/m...s-superman-reboot-ta-nehisi-coates-jj-abrams/
    Boss Logic did reveal this artwok on twitter upon this news coming portraying MBJ as Val-Zod
    https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/1365515799654375425
    [​IMG]

Both are good but I would love to see Val-Zod because hopefully they will finally do him justice to how they used him the comics. That "fight" against Brutaal was brutal. lol.

But with Hollywood's trend of pandering to the "woke" crowd they'll probably go with the story of Calvin Ellis.

• List
  17. Skaddix

The problem with using Val Zod is I just dont see JJ and Coates giving us a Val Zod who is banging a hot Blonde with big tits ala Power Girl so it doesnt quite work for me.

Calvin Ellis seems more Coates aisle.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I’d actually rather have an Icon movie. That would slap.

The more I think about it, unless we’re actually getting to play Clark Kent/Kal-El Superman, then we’re still being put into the “second best” category. This isn’t the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Superman can literally be any ethnicity, now. Especially, black. Hell, Dean Cain was phenotypically Asian. No reason why he can’t black.

19. Skaddix

I don't think it matters if they kill of Superman Clark Kent which is how it worked for Val Zod or if its seperate universe where Clark isn't going to be an issue.

I do want to talk about Icon. More later.

20. Skaddix

As far as I can tell DC is floundering and trying to diversify their whitebread lineup with regards to Disney making moves. RIP Chadwick but that probably helps DC/WB as perverse as that sounds cause it gives them a chance to close the gap. Not to mention a possible PG-13 Blade doesn't exactly fill me with excitement....

This can be put into two categories Adult and Teen in terms of diversity. On the Teen front, DC spent the past decade or so crippling their competitive options through mismanagement ala Static (MIlestone Mess), neglect (Blue Beetle) and outright hatred (Wally West, Cass Cain) cause it went against their nostalgia. Meanwhile Marvel built at least three all-stars in X-23, MIles Morales and Kamala Khan in that time and a step down you have female Hawkeye and the Young Avengers ready to go.

Luckily comics arent the movies so DC has options to base some teens around in Static and Blue Beetle while they can also racebend some of the minor ones that no one cares about like the teens in Black Adam. Supergirl is trickier but I guess they noticed they don't really have a viable latina female option to promote lol. Static covers your Black Male. Blue Beetle your Latino Male. After that its a bit barren for black and latina female options while pretty much all your Asians are tied up as at least Bat Adjacent. But as noted above you could use Rocket to fill in your black female issue. ANd yes Black Lightning has daughters but that is impacted by how old the universe is and all your black characters cannot be shooting lightning bolts. There is Aqualad as a second black male option but that as distance. As for Supergirl, well they Yara Flor in the comics now as an option as well for Wonder Girl for Latinas. Shazam Siblings. So its not great here buts its workable. I think Marvel has the edge here probably or at least they will get their properties in front of people first though DC might beat them to the Movies at least. But with MIles not Live Action for the forseeable future and most of these starting on TV, I think DC could actually win the war here.

On the adult front is much the same story in comics insofar as DC Editorial loves their nostalgic favorites which has kept John Stewart locked down. And leads to the issue where Green Lantern has plenty of diversity options in at least one Black Male, One Arab Male, one Latina Female, and One Latino Male heck even some of the new ones are Black Females and an Asian Dude....but like you cannot use all of them as the main character. Black Lightning had rights issues for the longest time and if you want to use Static well having them both in universe could be confusing or at least the bigwigs would think that. This means if you dont want to use John Stewart, you dont really have a lot of Black Male Adults ready for prime time with name rec leaving you with BLACK Superman or a BlACK or INDIAN John Constantine. Rock is kinda a weird case where its like whatever will give it you and Hawkman well if the origin is ancient egpyt. You can try Icon I suppose but I think WB/DC are too risk adverse for that. I wouldnt launch Icon in solo movie first that is for sure. Black Females, the answer is simple VIxen, there really is no other option.

Latin@s have it far worse if you take Jessica Cruz off the board and you dont think Yara Flor is ready for primetime yet your best options are what Vibe from the CW? And on the Female front no wonder they want to make Zatanna...a Latina. Asians....well u got Katanna from Suicide Squad....Asian Male wise...the Atom really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here...no wonder they racebent Aquaman. Meanwhile over at marvel u had Black Panther (RIP Chadwick), Blade, Luke Cage, Shang Chi, Monica...the X-men coming home massively expand the options as well. Here though without copious racebending there really is no way DC can win the war quite frankly. Which explains this choice.

So in conclusion, I think DC has a strong shot at competing on the teen front. Static and Blue Beetle are a strong duo. DC can beat Marvel to the punch on getting these guys movies. Batgirl and Supergirl are good pinch hitters. Maybe they can get a viable Asian option out of the BatHouse as Robin or Aquaman''s sidekick. But on the Adult Movie side or Premium Streaming TV side then even with Racebending I doubt DC can compete with Marvel and without they get destroyed. Bit of a long winded rant.

• List