Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but of course... not the down ballot results.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think the second impeachment vote is largely a theatrical exercise, designed to boost the Democrat House members’ sagging approval ratings, and to give them the appearance of acting on behalf of the citizenry. However if they were really concerned about an agenda for working people, they would focus on bread and butter or dinner table issues such as Medicare for all, a wage increase, an infrastructure/jobs bill, and a drawdown in the US military presence abroad.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The purpose of the impeachment is to make sure he can't run for office again and to make sure the American tax payers don't have to pay for his pension

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Its about drawing a line in the sand...and good policies aren't mutually exclusive. I do think that they should pass those 2000 Covid Checks first.

5. orejon4

I know, but those are small potatoes to squander your fresh majority on. Age will make him less of a threat anyway, and he will continue to demagogue from the sidelines and play right wing kingmaker. With each passing day/vote, a slim majority becomes more difficult to hold together, making big ticket items less likely.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That and the fact all high level public servants need to be held accountable for both their words & deeds. That includes Trump and all his fellow political enablers. Conservatives have been getting away with saying & doing a ton of questionable shit for decades mostly due to painting themselves as the party of values & claiming the moral high ground with everything they said and did. They can no longer do that especially if they have & are still willing to support or enable Trump in anyway. It's very telling how many people both public servants & civilians alike still want to ride for & with Trump on multiple levels.

7. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Ah, how could I forget about the scandal that never was? He's lied about so many other things while in office I actually forgot that he pulled a whole scandal out of his ass.

8. The Dark King

We made the grave grave mistake of not taking him seriously four years ago now hundreds of thousands are dead as result. Gonna have to disagree with you fam

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Trump isn't the overall problem. The current incarnation of conservative ideology is. Conservatives have pushed the idea for decades that the concept of big government doesn't work to the point that the majority of them that run for political office & obtain positions believe that to the core unless of course it somehow benefits them especially on a personal\ financial level. That's why so many of them come across as being bankrupt when it comes to morals, values, integrity & common sense.

10. Since1980

There are some things in life that absolutely need to be punished, and inciting his followers to literally commit an act of terror by storming the capitol is most definitely an impeachable offense.

For months, he repeatedly lied to his followers about the election and its results. He lied on social media. He lied during press conferences. He lied when he called in to cable news shows. Hell, he was lying about the election before the election took place, claiming that if he didn't win it would be proof that everything was "rigged." And then there's the hour long call with Georgia's Secretary of state where he repeatedly tried to influence/cajole/threaten Brad Raffensberger into somehow manufacturing enough votes to declare him the winner. That by itself is an impeachable offense.

Because of Donald Trump, the capitol building was ransacked. Because of Donald Trump, congressmen had to literally hide in fear because there was an armed mob storming the halls. Five people are dead. Every statehouse in the country is on high alert. And all of this--all of this--is because his attempts to undermine the electoral system in America and keep himself president for four more years didn't work.

Given how much damage Trump has done, and how much worse this could have been, there's no other choice but to impeach him. If inciting an insurrection against Congress because they won't ignore the Constitution in order to keep him in power isn't an impeachable offense, then nothing is.

He is 95% responsible for what happened last week, and he absolutely needs to be held accountable for it. To let this slide would set the precedent that it's okay to try to subvert democracy as long as you do it in the last few weeks of your term, and that would be the worst possible message to send to future would-be dictators.

11. Since1980

Damn, I be writing books when I'm on mobile. I swear it doesn't look this long as I'm typing it out lol.

12. The Dark King

I really don't get how some people can't ignore this? Like Bernie said we can chew gum and walk at the same time. We can impeach a fascist wanna be dictator and pass bills to help the American people. It doesn't have to be either or

13. Since1980

Yep, exactly. Hell, we have to do both because they are both just that damn important.

If another country had invaded the capitol building the way those fascist white supremacists did, there would have been drone strikes by midnight.

14. orejon4

I wholly agree that they can do both, but the sad reality is that the Dems are nearly as craven as the Repubs and the DNC inner circle use these crises to take the population’s eyes off the collective “ball”. At least in my experience. I would love to be wrong and see some strong, pro-working class legislation result.

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20210113_211940.jpg

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20. Tony Soprano