The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix Releases New Outside the Wire Trailer and Key Art

[​IMG]

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I wonder if people like Anthony Mackie and Kiernan Shipka have like contracts with Netflix where they have multiple picture and TV show deals. This have to be like his 3rd or fourth movie with Netflix.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Mackie is the black man of the moment who is in everything. 10 years ago it was Terrence Howard that was in everything. Mackie is obviously better at managing his career. You're probably right that he may have a contract with Netflix.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Neither Anthony Mackie nor Terrance Howard will ever come close to dethroning Samuel L. Jackson as the king of being the black man in every movie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. darkcurry

Yeah at the time I asked that I didn't have time to check myself but now that I did he does have a contract deal with Netflix he signed back in 2019.

He is also one of their highest paid actors. He lowkey has dough. lol.

6. SilverSmith

7. darkcurry

The fact that Sam doesn't have multiple Oscars by now is ANOTHER thing that decreases the legitimacy of the academy awards imo. Even in his smaller roles he gives us a memorable character. Especially in 'okay' films. I still remember his roles in

Deep Blue Sea
    [​IMG]
    Oldboy
    [​IMG]
    Jumper
    [​IMG]

Kite
    [​IMG]

Him and Tony Todd are the KINGS of doing so much with smaller roles. They can outshine the star of the film.

8. SilverSmith

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I watched Tenet last night. Anyone else peep it, yet? If so, what were your impressions?

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I saw it, and I have to admit that I was quite confused. I had to rewatch it and look some things up online to understand what was happening. I liked the imaginative storyline (Christopher Nolan is a clever storyteller) but any movie where you have to watch YouTube explanation videos to understand is a little problematic as a story in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. samson1701

Bruh, I’m glad I’m not the only one. This is the first movie that I liked, but didn’t understand, fully, what was going on.

The other gripe I have is how they treated the relationship between
    Neil and Kat. Clearly there’s chemistry. Clearly she’s into him. But, nothing physical. If that had been a white guy, I’m betting there’d be more than just a hint of romance there.

Also, what did you think of Washington in the role? I thought he kind of came off as not “substantial” enough to really pull it off. Like he almost feels like a kid playing dress up. He was okay. Just not great. Like, imagine a younger Denzel in that same role. Or, even the guy from Lovecraft Country. Before they even uttered their first line, they would’ve been great just standing there. John David Washington’s energy just didn’t seem to command the gravitas needed for the part.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I kind of felt the same way about Washington's performance, the role seemed like it was a little too much for his acting range, and his "medium" stature didn't help either. I don't know much about the work of the guy from Lovecraft Country, so I can't speak to how good he would have been in this role. I think Mahershala Ali would have been good in the role.

Neil was Robert Pattinson's character, John David Washington's character didn't have a name he was referred to as "The Protagonist" As for the aborted romance between him and (the very tall) Kat. I didn't mind that they didn't have an on-screen physical/romantic relationship, the story was too complicated already. However, the fact that at the end of the movie Kat knew that the Protagonist would be using inverted tricks (leaving a message on an inverted phone) to act as her guardian angel suggests that they have more than just a passing interest in each other.

13. SilverSmith

Snowpiercer Season 2 Trailer

14. samson1701

You’re right. For Somme reason, I thought his name was Neil until it was revealed that he was The Protagonist.

Told you I wasn’t sure what was going on. ...lol

15. samson1701

I was thinking about how Nolan could’ve made the romance between them work effortlessly with just a minor tweak one scene; instead of kissing him on the cheek. She could have kissed him on the lips, quickly and slightly open mouth

No other changes needed to sell that.

16. SilverSmith

17. samson1701

The Matrix : A Love Story.
    I'm in.

18. SilverSmith

Bloober Team has dropped a new trailer for The Medium, this time using live action to show players the experience they will be undertaking when it arrives on Xbox Game Pass later this month.

19. SilverSmith

First look at Mortal Kombat.
    Coming to HBO Max April 16.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member