The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel Studios' The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Series

[​IMG]

3. SilverSmith

Captain Marvel Sequel

[Via Marvel Ent tweet:]

Brie Larson returns as Carol Danvers in Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel 2, directed by Nia DaCosta. Joining the cast are recently announced Ms. Marvel, Iman Vellani, and Monica Rambeau, played by WandaVision's Teyonah Parris. Captain Marvel 2 flies into theaters Nov. 11, 2022

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

New Fantastic Four Project

Jon Watts will direct the new feature film for Marvel's First Family, Fantastic Four, according to Marvel Studios.

[​IMG]

Source: Marvel Studios via Instagram

5. SilverSmith

What If…? | Disney+

6. SilverSmith

7. SilverSmith

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No one cares

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. SilverSmith

Ms. Marvel - Kamala Khan

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

Via press release from Marvel Studios:

Peyton Reed is back to direct the third Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer all return. Kathryn Newton joins the cast as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror.

[​IMG]

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one here who watched “Supernatural” to the very end? If not, what did you think?

I thought the second to last episode should’ve been the finale. The actual finale felt clunky, tagged on, unnecessary and kind of cheap.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Marvel announced during their big event today that they aren't going to recast Black Panther.

https://www.ign.com/articles/black-panther-2-wont-recast-chadwick-boseman

This irritates me. It's not like there are a bunch of black male superheroes out there (who aren't sidekicks of white heroes)

So now I guess it's going to be the Shuri show, or maybe they are going to elevate M'Baku (Winston Duke) to the lead.

13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah I was pissed as well. A Goat struck down in his prime. with Cap and TOny gone T'CHalla would have been running the MCU, largest box office of the new guard, not having to share with sony for disney and actual critical acclaim.

I dont want either of them. I want fucking T'Challa cause Shuri's actress made herself a fool on twitter and I want this role with a Black MAN.

Black sidekicks is more a historical thing.

I mean Black girls are getting Monica Rambeau and Ironheart if Shuri becomes Black Panther....then we have what nothing until Blade in 2023 and honestly a Blade done right isn't a central figure in a PG-13 verse like the MCU and Ali is getting up there age wise I think. Nick Fury is Old and not really a hero, Falcon a promoted sidekick relegated to Disney Plus, War Machine (i like Cheadle) but also Old. The only Prime Age BLack Man in this verse would be Kang and Taskmaster probably so VIllians not leading the line in the MCU.

14. Skaddix

Oh and as a followup CHARACTERS are not ACTORS.
    I think its more damaging to ice a character cause an Actor died and takeaway that Icon from young BLack Boys especially and others as well. It was tragedy but comic characters especially are suppose to be immortal, the story never truly ends for them.

I think that is dumb we have plenty of Superman, Batman, Jokers, Etc. I think they should have delayed Black Panther 2 more and given more time to adjust and find a new T'Challa.

The only time I am will to entertain the idea of no recast is if the Actor Originated the Character and the Universe is centered around that Character. And there are very few characters like that but for instance for me it be like Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Falcon wasn't being portrayed as a sidekick at least in the trailer. Could be an upgrade... Until Patriot shows up.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The entire premise of the show is to continue Captain America's legacy, there isn't any better proof of sidekick statues than that in my opinion.

17. The Dark King

Agreed it was totally anticlimactic and offered nothing to the story

18. The Dark King

Sucks for them. Won't be watching. Chadwick brought a lot to that role and no one else can do it justice. On to the next black super hero. Static Shock or Icon please

19. SilverSmith

Superman & Lois ( starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch ) premieres Tuesday, February 23, 2021. Streams next day free only on The CW.

[​IMG]

20. Skaddix

Also right or wrong Movies are above Streaming Shows in the Hierarchy. If they go from streaming show to movie to solo or even a duo movie with Bucky then you can say A Tier. But if you are only in streaming and massive team ups movies you are a B-lister.

And its not even just A-lier, T'Challa could have been a central character to the MCU going forward now that is gone. Blade could be great but the issue is a well done Blade aint a central character in something like the MCU. Its not gritty or supernatural enough focused for that.