Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The unwritten rule of people with mixed heritage is that they pretty much are the "race" that they look like to most people. It's why Obama is black and Pete Wentz is white.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

What does an octoroon look like in your experience? I'm quite certain of her ancestry bit she is certainly white enough to pass and very beautiful too

3. Young Herschel

OK Jordan Peele I didn't know. Just wanted to share the fact that Sweeney has some other leading feature roles on Amazon like "Along came the Devil" which is certainly seasonal this month.

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I describe it as what cops think you are when they pull ur ass over.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah as I have said before(don't know if I said it on here though) Not every "biracial" person is literally going to be half & half. If features and genes dominate the other part(s) of their "racial" makeup then it makes sense to at least label them predominently black, white or brown. Like for instance Halle Berry and Megan Markle are both "biracial" females that have one black parent and one white parent. But when they had kids with white men Halle's kids came out looking "mixed race" while Megan's son looks like a little white boy. lol.

Because Halle Berry's black genes are more dominant than her white genes and Megan's are not.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Its 2020.

In this day and age if you are as low as 1/8 black and don't look black at all in any way (and don't go around calling yourself black) then you won't be viewed as black with the exception of vile white racists who have a thing for purity and some black folk who want to claim EVERY celebrity possible by using the one-drop rule. These days an octoroon can comfortably acknowledge the part of their ancestry that is of African descent but still not consider themselves "black." And I can't blame them.

7. JamalSpunky

It also comes down to what the person refers to themselves as. Obama has pretty much been putting himself in the black column since his 20s.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean you can refer to yourself as whatever you want but I do think its more relevant what other people think when they see you for the most part.

9. JamalSpunky

Might be a tad more complicated, but I hear ya.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  10. Young Herschel

Anyone else watched "Most likely to die" yet?! I'm just watching it again before I go out. The Lady I'm seeing again looks a lot like the former class president and she is having a screaming good IR time ;)

11. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Which character?

12. Young Herschel

Did you watch the trailer?? The movie is free on Tubi but not Amazon where it is $4.99 to rent for whatever reason . . . maybe Halloween opportunism this month??

13. darkcurry

The Princess Switch 2: Switched Again | Official Trailer | Netflix

Meh. I'm getting the feeling that they just made this due to the success from the first one because how part 1 ended I totally didn't expect a 2nd one. We'll see if it's better than the trailer though.

14. JamalSpunky

Never saw the first one but what you may be overlooking is that the apparent key relationship storyline for the sequel seems to be singlehandedly the one involving the black dude.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Like Aboriginal?

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Always thought Julie Gonzalo was cute. Guess I'll check this movie out.

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Gonzalo and the leading man, Rowe, generate chemistry. In fact, she said they're new friends off-screen. But it's an utterly formulaic tale, which means I'd watch it again. lol

18. SilverSmith

Jack and Rose Littleton (David Oyelowo and Angelina Joie) in the aforementioned fantasy drama Come Away (2020).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. darkcurry

I don't know if it's just the way the stills look but in that last still she did not look like she wanted to kiss him. lol.

Did you see the movie yet? If so how was it?

20. SilverSmith

The kiss was lacking, shall we say, fireworks- and the same goes for the film. It's lifeless and a waste of an incredible cast and well-put-together production.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List