Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

The current restriction that Michigan has is that you're required to wear a mask. Also there's limitations in bars and restaurants as to the total number of occupants at one time. There is no lockdown.

So what's the problem??

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The Michigan Supreme Court today has stuck down the Governor's coronavirus restrictions for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. That should speak volumes:

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1316013079906283528
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/mich...mmediately-rejects-whitmers-request-for-delay

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1315851032946245632
    [​IMG]
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/politics/michigan-supreme-court-whitmer-covid-emergency/

3. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Funny thing is Dr Fauci is the only one I trust of the group. :confused:

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/19/925435610/trump-rails-against-fauci-and-these-idiots-in-campaign-call

President Trump, who has for months been at loggerheads with public health experts on how best to contain the coronavirus pandemic, on Monday called Dr. Anthony Fauci a "disaster" and complained that Americans are tired of hearing from "these idiots," according to media reports of a call between Trump and campaign staff.

"People are tired of hearing Fauci and these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong," Trump said on the call meant to discuss Election Day strategy, according to The New York Times.

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

My god he's such an IDIOT!!! So, we have Dr. Fauchi a highly respected expert in his field... Dr Fauchi also seems to be a person with integrity and refuses to be a Trump stooge... Now Trump feels a need to do his usual mudslinging whenever someone refuses to be one of his yes men/women.

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20201008_064046.jpg

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20201025_101321.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What's your point? The first part of this meme is flawed because it compares how many people die from hypothermia vs. the entire U.S. population, while the official CDC stats in the tweet I posted compared how many people died from COVID-19 vs. the amount of actual COVID-19 cases.

As for the 2nd part of this meme, I guess it's comparing coats & hats to the whole masks debate. First of all, Pre-COVID-19 pandemic & now 8 months into the pandemic, there has NEVER been any conclusive scientific evidence that masks work. For example, there was recently a large danish clinical trial on the efficacy of masks. None of the big medical journals want to publish the study because the results are not politically correct right now:

As far as my person opinion on masks, I look at masks as they're better than nothing. That's it. The folks who act a fool in public when they're required to wear in a public setting around other people are dumb AF. But the people on the other end of the spectrum who think that masks are better than vaccines (i.e. Dr. Redfield, head of the CDC) or promote & push these fake stats about how we can save tens-hundreds of thousands of lives if everyone wore a mask are also ridiculous AF.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The point is this is how ridiculous mask deniers and people who don’t take the virus seriously sound. It’s meant to be low on facts and actual context.

As far as that study, I’d like to see it. I have questions.
    1. What kinds of masks were used?
    2. Where they testing transmission rates or infection rates? Because, no one ever said that a mask would protect the wearer (unless it was an N95). We mostly wear the masks to protect others from catching it from us.
    3. How large was the study?
    4. Has anyone tried to replicate the study, yet?

Can you link to the fake stats? And, can you tell me why you think they’re fake?

I agree about vaccines, though. That’s really the only way we end up getting back to anywhere close to normal. Unless, they figure out an effective treatment that doesn’t cost too much and doesn’t have crazy side effects. I don’t have much faith that will happen anytime soon.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lord give me strength. Death should not be the only metric. People have long term side effects after having the virus. Months after having people still can't breathe properly. What do you gain from dismissing it like it's not big deal I honestly don't get it

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

14. The Dark King

How many months apart are these statements from each other?

15. The Dark King

Now show us how many microns you breathe out with a mask on VS not having on

16. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

9 months later we still can’t agree on the basics :rolleyes:.
    It’s tedious!

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

If it can get in, it can get out.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

45 seconds of 'Fauci speak'... v v v

@The Dark King you ^ should see it, too.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

All you have to do is watch people with their masks.

Watch how carelessly they handle them, these apparent pieces of virus-infected cloths.

Watch how they wear them, all the different kinds, from a little piece of t-shirt cloth, to cutesy little embelished ones, all with side spaces definitely allowing the virus in and out..how carelessy they throw them on and off, pulling them out of pockets and purses.

How about those ones with the little side filter which are useless and should be banned because it filters nothing -- it allows air in and allows air out. Those people should be stopped at the door, but they're not. Because if it looks like a mask, it is a mask, lol. :confused:
    [​IMG]

I've even seen cashiers and other workers wear them.

I've seen food workers wear masks under their noses,
    Under their chins.

I've seen people naturally, instinctively walk from their car and get near the door, and that look of 'fuck' that they CAN'T CONTINUE because they forgot to grab a piece of face diaper cloth to appease the rest of the sheep.

I wear it ONLY because l can't get what l need, but given the choice, l would not, because it doesn't stop the virus.
    My friend in FL said no one there wears masks, all businesses are fully open and no one is dropping dead like flies like they kept predicting.

Biden claimed 2 million were going to die. Now that 200,000 more will before this December. What hogwash.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-10-29-17-44-44(1).jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List