Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

2. samson1701

This is true. Though money isn’t the only factor, it is a huge help. This is a big part of what I’m talking about. Blacks have a huge amount of buying power. We run culture because of it. We spend more of what we make (to our detriment) on bullshit than any other group. If we channeled that money into our causes we would see the same kinds of gains that the LGBTQ community has.

Again, that’s no one’s fault except our own. We want to get upset over not getting what we want from the left. But, we refuse to do what’s necessary to get what we want from the left. Spending money is part of what’s necessary.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Obviously we don't. If 55 years of no results isn't enough proof to you then you don't care for reality.

Even if you believed that you are right you would still address the obvious problem of why we haven't had any results.

Clearly you aren't solution oriented to begin with.

Now I see you talking about buying power to K. So obviously our political power alone isn't enough.

Good day

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Flat out lie

I mentioned market power in the beginning and you ignored that and focused your argument on political power.

You only mentioned that black people should "show up more," and be more vocal.

Typical intellectual dishonesty from a political talking head.

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200829_135620.jpg

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hilarious, a Brownshirt DEMONCRAT BLMANTIFA Anarchist throws a molotov cocktail (yeah, you read that right, the terrorists' cocktail) and his comrade catches on fire..

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200823_221327.jpg

8. samson1701

Yeah, I see the no results thing said quite a bit. And, it's false.
    College graduation rates have more than doubled. Though, still not where they need to be.
    Adjusted for inflation, the hourly wage has increased 30%
    Adjusted for inflation, household income growth has outpaced white households. Though, the actual income amount still lags.
    Black poverty rates have declined sharply in the past 50 years.
    Black family wealth has increased 6 fold but is still nowhere near that of whites.
    Infant mortality rates have plummeted from close to 35% to around 11%.

Don't get me wrong. There is a shit ton left to do. But, to say there hasn't been any progress is just not true. You'd know that if you took a minute to read up on what's actually going on rather than just rely on your own magical thinking.

And, I've given you my solution; black people, especially black men need to get involved in the political process. It's like being given a say in what's made for dinner only to turn it down. Then get pissed because you're served something you don't like.
    Nigga?!?!

How do you not comprehend that I didn't debate that point because I didn't think it was wrong? Market power is part of it. But, its not the only part. And, it is very different than actually making political contributions to causes and politicians we like. That's what I was talking about with K.

Do you always just see what you want to see? ...lol

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You haven't named one piece of legislation so you are just going to attribute any progress to the democratic party? I don't have time for this. I caught you in a lie now you act like you want to debate. Winning a debate is cool but when people care more about that than solutions it's a waste of my time. See how MKM's response was solution oriented? I thought you were to old for this type of nonsense.

Is this what you want. Pat yourself on the back and take it.
    [​IMG]

10. samson1701

1. I said I'd be more than happy to address anything you'd like after you address the facts I'd already stated. Prove them wrong or accept them. Easy as that.
    2.What lie are you talking about? Just because you couldn't follow what I what I stated doesn't mean I lied about anything. So, where's the lie?
    3. I gave you my solution. Like three or four times. If you don't agree with my solution, cool. But, don't act like I didn't present one just because you can't prove me wrong.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The mindset is clear:
    Liberals = victim
    Conservatives = victors

Black Conservatives debate Black Liberals

12. K

K Well-Known Member

Of course it is and the LGBTQ community, in particular, has been very effective.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Not as affective as feminism.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fam don't waste your time. Like you said conservative talking points are meant to confuse not to progress anywhere.
    I also wanted to address black men being more politically involved comment you made. We do not get enough credit and it annoys me. We are only second to black women when it comes to loyalty to the Democratic party when we are by far the most persecuted group in this country. We are disenfranchised at every turn. We can all do more but constantly hearing black men don't do enough is simply not true. We are very politically involved but black women usually get most of the credit. In some cases well deserved in most cases not so much. A lot of people get credit for standing up against police brutality and speaking out but rarely is that credit given to black men unless used as the object in which to inspire non black people and black women. We only count once we're dead or brutalized.
    Jamal Bowman destroyed an incumbent Democrat in NY yet dude gets little to no coverage like Cori Bush did or AOC who is from the same area. Same thing with Mondaire Jones and to the Charles Booker race in Kentucky. Very politically engaged black men fighting hard af for progressive ideals but getting no credit or coverage for it. I know this was long winded but I want us to get out of the habit of discounting or down playing our contributions. Other people will do it all day long we don't need to do it too.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This was filmed before 2020. Dollars to donuts says these people are far less conservative now. White conservatives are showing their whole ass right now.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-08-16-19-44-54(1).jpg

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You get where I was going with the market power right?

I wouldn't get into a shootout with buying power because other groups have more bullets. They are not consumer based, so when they bring out the big guns they would just outshoot us.

I would focus on building market power and voting for now until we build up more wealth as a community.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I stand by my previous statement.

A consumer based group that's only 12 percent of the population that gets into a shootout with buying power, zero market power and thinking that they are going to win and get more out of politics is just magical thinking. Now go do all the fundraising and lip singing that you want.

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Wait what?! Infant mortality rate of black people in America is 11%???! And used to be 35%! If that’s true it ranks among the highest in the world with Afghanistan.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it. We think more magically than any other group in the US. The results of magic never shock me.

Also Afghanistan...............need I say more?