Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is a two party system and LGBTQ policies come with far left politics. The things you want from the far left also has the LGBTQ stuff attached, there is no way to get away from that. It's not mathematically possible when you factor all of the issues and put them under the ideology that they belong either left or far left. That's two choices for one party everything gets put under one or the other.

The bigger problem is thinking that politics is the solution to the issues in the black community.

Politicians aren't stupid they know we are consumer oriented people that only make 12% percent of the population. It's not that we don't do enough in politics, we don't do enough to create change period, and when we are doing something it's all going into the political bag. Then we dump money into churches that can't legally participate in politics for us without risking losing their tax status.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Most LGBTQ policies I have zero problems with. Left wing policies are good for the working man which is good for black people. Everything else you address can be dealt with if we show up and participate in the process. And, by we, I mean black men in particular. Black women are driving the agenda because they are the ones showing up. We do nothing but bitch about things in the barbershop and on FB.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You have no problem with the stuff that K was talking about? LOL

And the black strategy has always been to double down on what we have always been doing that obviously isn't working.

Also to think we can put more into politics and get results while being only 12% and having no market power is just magical thinking. You can think magically all you want but the numbers don't follow the rules of magic.

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

These people have no scruples whatsoever and their hypocrisy knows no boundaries. It's almost as if they don't have a soul.

Their actions reek of desperation and insecurity to be even more frank.

5. samson1701

Bruh, I think you are mistaking your proficiency in engineering with understanding politics. But, like a lot of hard science people, you over estimate what you understand about basically anything else. So, let me bring you up to speed.

See, even though blacks are only 12% of the population, we have an outsized amount of political power. Why? Because the left can't win without a coalition of minorities and women. We make up a vital portion of that coalition. The coalition doesn't work without our numbers. And, that is where our political power comes from. These are facts you would know and understand how they fit into the larger political picture, if you spent less time being concerned about my magical thinking and more time worrying about your own lazy thinking. Raw facts mean nothing without the proper context to put them in.

The reason things are the way they are now are black voter apathy and Reaganomics.

And no, I don't have an issue with what K is talking about. Take your time, raise your kids with knowledge, love, discipline and critical thinking skills and they'll be fine.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well said

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Name one thing the left has done for black men specifically.

I'll wait.

Since you won't be able to come up with anything as in PROOF something that logical people value, feel free to keep knocking yourself out with your magical thinking.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Still nothing?

So in 55 years since the voting rights act there hasn't been a single law that benefited Black men the most?

So logically that means every political activist has been incompetent but you have the one answer they were too dumb to find.

Riiiight

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How long does it take magic to work?

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think the two of you are having two different conversations. Samson is telling you that we have political power in spite of being only 12% of the population, and he is right. You are telling him, that in spite of our political pull, our allegiance to the left hasn't done much of anything for us (in spite of our political pull). You are also bothered by the focus on church and the wasted time and money there. There is a very real and valid trend of church attendance and religious decline within our community and that is a good thing. I think you are both right within your respective statements, and the solution to the issue is somewhere in the middle.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What's the magnitude of that power? Either it's not enough for us to get what we need to get done or every political activist in the last 55 years has been dumb as a door knob.

Which one is it?

Last time I checked, you don't keep dropping money into an investment that doesn't keep adding to your ROI.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This doesn't even have to be a debate. I want an honest answer to this question from anyone and everyone that wants to answer or has anything to say about politics.

Why hasn't there been a single law that benefited blackmen the most in 55 years?

My theory is that the magnitude of our political power isn't great enough to put more into politics other than voting.

What is your answer?

13. meowkittenmeow

I agreed with your statement. The magnitude is great, but the use of that power is nullified with magical thinking and a need for a "white savior" in political form. The downtrodden tend to continue to invest in things that do not benefit them due to careful marketing and old traditions (traditions that include magical thinking).

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LMAO! This circus chick!
    SMH...

White people have gentrified Black Lives Matter. It's a problem
    msn.com - 8h

[​IMG]

In July, a white woman folded her body yoga-style onto the asphalt of a Portland street, her breasts and vagina exposed before a line of police officers.

She said the movement for racial justice provoked a "very deep feminine place" within and that her "nakedness is political."

Some on Twitter described it as "stunning and brave." I found it a grotesque display of privilege....

....This is certainly true for AJ Lovelace. The 28-year old activist filmmaker felt the marches over the summer started off coherent and then devolved into being performative.

"It was obvious to me that people were out there to say they were out there," Lovelace said. "White girls would agitate the police and then cry when they responded. This isn't how a protest works."...

..."It's bigger than one presidential candidate," he added...

...White co-optation can overshadow those involved in grassroots efforts, and it creates the illusion that "everyone was part of this movement the whole time," he said.
    ...."Their presence in the civil rights movement did help shine more of a light on protests but it overshadowed the courage of the original Black activists," he said...
    ...After the dust settled in the 1970s and public opinion shifted, everyone claimed to have been a civil rights activist..

...One reason young people (have) protested is that they had been cooped up in their homes due to the global pandemic, said Douglas McAdam, a sociologist at Stanford who studies social movements...

...Wise said that while protests can be cathartic, "95% of what needs to happen is not in the streets."

That's true. Most of what needs to change happens in a civic setting often void of TV cameras. And it is an improbable place for a white woman spreading her legs for the whole world.

Jeffries told me that if history shows one thing to be true, it's that white attention and sympathy for Black social justice is fleeting. It wanes when cameras disappear...

...According to a June poll, 45% of white people surveyed found racism to be a "big problem." By early August, that number had fallen to 33%....

More...
    https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0WrwrsST?s=a99&pd=05wGIThM

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. samson1701

Hold up. I already gave you factual information and you brushed it aside like I posted a link to a Qanon video. Nah, I don't debate people who deny facts. Those days are done. You want to engage with me in a discussion/debate on politics? We can do that. I enjoy that. But, I give you factual, contextual info and you dismiss it as "magical thinking?" That tells me this discussion is not worth my time and it shows I'm not the one thinking magically.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It is a fact that we have political power. That was your point, or was it not?

That's obvious. Who is denying that??

That's like saying John Doe has money.

Well how much does he have??

That's the question here how much political power do we have?

Do we have enough to reasonably put more into politics?? Your answer is obviously yes, correct?

Well if we have enough political power why has there not been one single law written that benefits us the most??

Now if you aren't willing to think critically that's not on me. You responded after the first time I said you were magical thinking.

The fact you stated is that we have political power and I haven't denied that.

If you're going to bow out just do it. Don't try to put that on me.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

It's also because of money. There is a huge amount of wealth in the LGBTQ community in CA and they are putting their money out to make sure they get heard.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Say it louder

[​IMG]

19. meowkittenmeow

That's the driving force for all of the left and the right (to include their movements and organizations).

20. samson1701

First off, not bowing out. But, I can see how you’d think that. I’m just not going to have a second political conversation with you when you have totally disregarded the facts I presented from the first one. Either argue those facts and prove them wrong or accept them as truth. Do one of those two and I will happily move on to the next argument.

See, this is what con-servatives do (not saying that’s what you are, but it’s how they argue). They can’t win an argument so they pivot to some other topic and then another after that. It’s like starting one fire and when someone begins putting that one out, they start another fire. They can never really win an argument. This is the social media version of shouting louder and it’s laughable.

To sum things up; you said black people don’t have the kind of political power it takes to get any meaningful legislation passed because we are only 12% of the population. I have proven that false with facts I believe to be true. So, again, either prove my original points wrong or admit they’re true. Then, we can move on to whatever argument you’d like. At which point I will, in all likelihood, once again, show you the errors in your lazily constructed ways of thought.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020