The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Splinter Cell Animated Series

Netflix and Ubisoft are teaming up for an adult animated series adaptation of the video game series Splinter Cell, according to Variety. John Wick films’ Derek Kolstad will write and executive produce the series. The trade says that the Splinter Cell series has already received a two-season, 16-episode order from the streaming service.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell is an award-winning stealth action video game series that has sold more than 31 million copies since its debut in 2002. Splinter Cell follows protagonist Sam Fisher, a highly-trained special operative in a fictional black-ops sub-division, “Echelon.” Sam Fisher and the agents of Echelon utilize combat skills, weapons and cutting-edge gadgets to neutralize international terrorist threats and rogue forces in modern, realistic stories ripped from the headlines.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/3jVTpVz

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

"Lady of the Lake" by Daniela Ivanova (Witcher)

[​IMG]

3. SilverSmith

Marvel's Avengers Beta

Today Square Enix revealed new Marvel’s Avengers Beta details in the game’s second “War Table” digital stream, which you can watch in full below. The Avengers beta will begin on August 7.

The War Table reveals the wide array of content that will be available in the beta, including several single-player missions, as well as a large selection of additional missions that can be played solo with your AI Avengers team or co-op with up to four players.

The Marvel’s Avengers beta will provide players with a comprehensive hands-on experience of the game ahead of its worldwide launch on September 4.

The Marvel’s Avengers War Table gave a sneak peek at one of the first heroes that will be added to the game after launch at no additional cost: Clint Barton’s Hawkeye. In an original story-arc inspired by some of the best-known Hawkeye moments in the comics, players wield Clint’s iconic high-tech bow and trick arrows in missions either solo or co-op online with friends

https://bit.ly/2Pdd2tX

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Kamen-rangers Batman and Robin. Artist: Dan Mora
    [​IMG]
    Toku Batgirl
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SilverSmith

Amazon Prime Video
    has released the official The Boys Season 2 trailer.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think I know who they are modeling her character after now.

8. SilverSmith

Ridley Scott returns to outer space and makes his U.S. television directorial debut with HBO Max sci-fi series Raised by Wolves.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm in.

BTW, is that Ragnar?

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This trailer reminds me of the time I took Shrooms while watching Back to the Future II.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

MULAN Confirmed For Disney+ Release On September 4th...For $29.99

[​IMG]

Disney held it's 3Q earnings call yesterday, and the fate of Mulan was finally revealed. After a series of delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the live-action adaptation of the animated classic is coming to Disney+ on September 4th.

Sounds great, right?

Well, there's a catch. Unlike other content on the streaming service, the movie will boast a "premiere price" which means you need to pay $29.99 on top of your monthly subscription to watch it. That's pretty reasonable all things considered, and will presumably mean you'll then be able to keep Mulan for future viewings.

We're expecting further details soon, but the plan is for the movie to also receive a theatrical run, though that's likely to be limited both in the United States and overseas. There are conflicting reports about whether Mulan is getting a global launch on Disney+ or whether it will only be North America, but it definitely sounds like it could be the former based on what the trades are saying.

Needless to say, this is a game-changer for Disney+ and could signal a new way of releasing movies given the uncertainty surrounding the re-opening of theaters. Now, speculation is bound to run rampant about both The New Mutants and Black Widow!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Update to last post :

As it turns out, the $29.99 will get you more than a single watch or 24-48 hours with the film. According to a Disney+ representative, Disney+ subscribers "will have continuous access to the film for as long as they remain subscribers to the service."

In other words, if you choose to pay $29.99 for immediate access to Mulan on Disney+, you'll be able to watch it as many times as you want for as long as you remain subscribed to the service. You're basically paying an early access fee as the film will eventually arrive on the streaming service anyway.

• List
  13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait. I could just buy the movie for $19.99 if I'm patient.

14. SilverSmith

Here's an exclusive promo clip from the show's upcoming second season.

15. SilverSmith

All of Hitman’s “World of Assassination” trilogy — the adventures spanning the episodic reboot of 2016 through Hitman 3 coming next year — will be playable in PlayStation VR.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

WARNING : Skip If You Don't Watch Agents of SHIELD.

When, Exactly, Did Agents of SHIELD Branch Into Its Own Timeline?

[​IMG]

Key moments in the series may have resulted in a timeline divergence before the time travel manipulation of Season 7.

Despite passing name drops and referential Easter eggs alluding to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at large, fans have always been skeptical about whether Marvel's television lineup truly takes place within the same timeline, dimension or reality as the franchise's films. This skepticism is mostly due to the fact that there has barely been any narrative back-and-forth between the two divisions.

While Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. harbors the most direct tie-ins and references to its film and television siblings, some plot-related anomalies, like time travel and an apparent disregard of Thanos' Infinity War snap, seem to indicate the show has severed its ties to the bigger MCU. The Season 7 episode "Brand New Day" has confirmed that the series currently is carrying forward in its own timeline following the team's disastrous missions across the early twentieth century.

As such, it's fair to assume that the time-traveling narrative of Season 7 is the reason why AoS exists separate from the rest of the MCU. After dozens of failed attempts to squash the Chronicom threat and the now surviving Nathaniel Malick's own plans, the team has altered the course of history with ramifications that are pretty much impossible to patch up; however, that wouldn't explain the continuity issues that would carry over into Seasons 5 and 6, so there may be another divergent point.

The earliest possible instance AoS could have diverged from the MCU prime would have to be sometime after Season 3. Nearing the end of Season 2, Coulson dispatches the Helicarrier responsible for helping the Avengers save Sokovia at the climax Age of Ultron, and the resulting Accords play a relatively large factor with the advent of Inhumans during the third season of AoS. These plot-related interactions are some of the final notable give-and-takes between the show and the MCU's films.

Later on, Season 4 involves stories contained from the rest of the MCU. However, Eli Morrow's experiments using technology and the Hell dimension could have resulted in the creation of a new universe or timeline. In addition to gaining the power to create and manipulate matter, Morrow's inventions opened up dimensional rifts that may have had unspoken effects on those close to this incident. The franchise's science defining dimensions, universes, realities and timelines are hazy, but this arc's potential importance still stands.

Season 5 may have an even better answer because at the end of Season 4 everyone but Fitz is transported to the future by way of the white time Monolith in order to prevent an apocalypse caused by the "Destroyer of Worlds." This herald is revealed to be a gravitonium-infused Glenn Talbot, who powers up to fight the alien Confederacy and Thanos' incoming invasion. Talbot is stopped, and given the mention of the Mad Titan and the fact that the world is still in one piece during Infinity War and Endgame, theoretically, the show should still continue in the primary MCU timeline, but that doesn't feel like the case.

Canonically, there are no good answers for this lack of connection. Season 6 takes place a year after the end of Season 5; therefore, the Avengers' time-traveling in Endgame five years after Infinity War could not have happened yet. Additionally, the S.H.I.E.L.D. team went significantly farther back in time than any of the Avengers, so in this big, circular mess, the latter could not have influenced the former's history, either. It's possible that, in addition to killing half of all life in the universe, Thanos' initial snap created more timelines as a side effect, so the Agents are in a new reality.

An alternate explanation could come from another crucial plot point developed in Season 5. An explosion at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters destroys the space, time and creation Monoliths in one blast, resulting in a rift between reality and the Fear Dimension. This explosion may have also birthed the show into a new universe, explaining why Thanos' snap never happens following Season 5.

There likely will never be a perfect, in-text answer to these questions considering the difficulty of juggling so many moving parts behind the scenes. Regardless, these details don't really matter that much at the end of the day considering just how much great fun the final season of AoS has been.

17. darkcurry

Was you doing what I was doing and going back into watching episodes from previous seasons or you just got a good memory like that? lol.

I'm interested in how this all ends with so much happening to the timelines. They did a lot especially with the way in how they brought John Garrett back into the fray.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I actually got that write up off one of the various comic/nerd sites that I frequent but I have both re-watched (mostly the earlier 2-3 seasons) and recall a good bit of the major story details that have happened over the various seasons.

Did you know that was actually Bill Paxton's son that they cast as young John Garrett?

19. darkcurry

Yeah I read about him appearing as a young Garrett on comicbook.com a couple weeks ago.

20. darkcurry

DON'T LOOK DEEPER

In near-future California, high-school senior Aisha learns a dark secret about herself and goes from dreams of graduation to running for her life.

Seems interesting. It's on Quibi. Anybody here familiar with that?