Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

As a registered independent voter I understand and respect both methods, actually.

Just as long as we are all fully exercising our constitutional rights to vote. It's paramount for me because I know many have shed blood or given their life just so I as a Black man can have a say in our democracy.

The last time that I cast my ballot in person was back in October of 2008 when Barack Obama was in the process of being elected president. It just felt right, you know?

Ever since then I have been voting by mail and it's actually my preferred method overall because I can have my ballot with me while going on the web to do research on the candidates and the various issues.

2. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Nevertheless, I prefer to vote in person.

3. Othello1967

Just saw your post. It`s summer and the situation is worse than when you posted. Mostly due to the stupidity/ timidity of certain politicians.

4. Othello1967

For ages we have been going to Third World countries and lecturing them about rule of law, respect for constitution, etc and now we are doing the very things we have been telling these countries not to do.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

And the only reason that we haven't had a second wave is because the first wave (which too many people still don't believe is happening now) hasn't ended yet.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Heard from various news sources that they are eyeing Chicago & various other "liberal" cities for the same treatment.

I know Trump was pissed that he couldn't hit Seattle with that shit once they dismantled the "CHOP" zone that was up. He was dying to send in the MAGAForce to cause chaos & fuck people up.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-07-20-17-05-12(1).png

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-07-20-17-04-54(1).png

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-07-20-17-03-56(1).png

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200718_230024.jpg

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

13. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

There are significantly fewer deaths each day than when I posted this.

But, the media can't scare people into continued compliance with that, so they just report on new cases and in teeny, tiny letters they add the death count.

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Suppression of the press??? LMAO!! God, he is delusional.

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200723_105807.jpg

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Since1980

How else is he supposed to distract from the fact that he royally fucked up his response to COVID-19? If he can show his base that he has "those people" under control then he'll be sure to have their votes locked in come election time.

It's the southern strategy retooled for 2020.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep.

I'm up here in Washington State & the local federal authorities just informed the governor & the mayor of Seattle that Trump already snuck troops into the state sometime yesterday. Just finished watching a press conference by the Seattle mayor, the police chief & fire chief informing the public about this since there are several organized protests scheduled in the city for this weekend. They told anyone who wants to be involved in the protests to do so peacefully because it is their right & duty to do so as citizens, but don't take the bait to engage local or any of these federal agents in conflicts.They know there are "agitators" trying to hi- jack protests for their own negative ends by defacing or destroy public property, ( which is how & why they were finally able to shut that CHOP zone down that was erected) so if they aren't trying to play into Trump's bullshit.

19. Since1980

That's some good advice and hopefully everyone listens because Trump would love nothing more than a conflict right now tp show white Christian conservatives that he is the "law and order" president.

And hopefully Trump won't show up and decide that he wants to hold a Bible in front of a nearby church. How fucking sad is it that we've come to this fucking point as a nation?

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]