The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

You get the console, one wireless controller, an Xbox Gold promo code for digital content, and a new physical game.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I’m preordering the PS5 this year. Normally I go with Xbox first, but I want to get the Miles Morales game. And Xbox always has issues at launch (I’ve had to return every launch console I’ve ever purchased from Xbox, save for the 360 slim).

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering how they are going to pull off these new console launches during this pandemic. Waiting in a line with 200 people who have no clue how social distancing works is a nightmare, and I'm also nervous to have the consoles shipped because they would be very tempting targets for porch pirates and crooked delivery workers.

4. meowkittenmeow

Leave a sign out, or when you get the tracking info, add additional information so that you can ensure its safety. Protect the console at all costs. Or you can arrange to pick it up at a nearby facility once you get the tracking info.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Looks decent.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Seen The Old Guard over the weekend. I liked it but I would say it wasn't Gina Prince-Bythewood's best work. Good storytelling and originality, but the action was I would say 2005-ish if that makes any sense. lol.

8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to watch "Cursed" this weekend!!!

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm more worried about UPS and FedEx workers losing (stealing) my console more than I am local thieves. Hot ticket items like new consoles "fall out the back" of delivery trucks all the time, and I would have to wait days possibly weeks until they send me another one.

10. meowkittenmeow

It's protected by insurance. So, if you don't receive it, you will be getting a new one before the holidays. I have preordered xboxs before, and it's never been a problem. Hell, I had a 2080 ti sent to me and they didn't even cover up the box with another box. So, a $1250 graphics card was just on it's way from UPS (this is the equivalent of getting an xbox, in the actual xbox, without a unmarked box to cover it). You'll be fine.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I know I don't really have a choice since waiting in a physical line is out of the question. I just have paranoid visions of some desperate UPS driver who promised his kid an Xbox for Christmas "forgetting" to deliver my console, and instead of playing Halo Infinite on launch day, I'm on the phone with customer service finding out that I have to wait 2 to 4 weeks for a new system to show up.

12. meowkittenmeow

Depending on where you live, your UPS driver is probably making around $60-80,000 (110,000 at the top), and has already pre-ordered it for himself/herself or his/her child.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your logic and reasoning are no match for my insane paranoia.

14. meowkittenmeow

It's alright, m8t. It's your first online pre-order. You'll be fine and gaming in no time.

15. SilverSmith

Ghost of Tsushima Launch Trailer Debuts

Sony has revealed a new trailer previewing the Ghost of Tsushima launch on Friday, July 17 . Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, the PlayStation 4 game it centers around Jin Sakai, one of the last samurai on Tsushima Island after the first Mongolian attack of Japan in the 1270s.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  16. SilverSmith

The Hulk villain who is in fact the Hulk's own dark destiny returns.

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Dancing With My Demons by BossLogic on DeviantArt

[​IMG]

18. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

19. Tamstrong

20. Tamstrong

[​IMG]