Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

R.I.P Bonnie Pointer. ..

[​IMG]

Patricia Eva "Bonnie" Pointer was an American singer, most notable for being a member of the vocal group, The Pointer Sisters. Wikipedia
    Born: July 11, 1950, Oakland, CA
    Died: June 8, 2020
    Spouse: Jeffrey Bowen (m. 1978)

Bonnie Pointer, one of the founding members of the group The Pointer Sisters, died Monday, according to her sister, Anita Pointer.

She was 69.

"Our family is devastated, on behalf of my siblings and I and the entire Pointer family, we ask for your prayers at this time,"

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

In a matter of timing BET aired an episode of American Soul a couple of days after Bonnie Pointer passed away. The episode focused on the Pointer Sisters (including Bonnie) and the drama they had during their appearance on Soul Train. Apparently June (bless her soul) was messing around with a married man. According to the show the married man showed up with his wife at a club where the group was performing. Let's just say things did not turn out well for the married man.

My condolences to the Pointer family. I wish them well.

6. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Actress Naya Rivera Dead at 33

The body of actress Naya Rivera, best known for her role as Santana Lopez on the TV show Glee, was found Monday, July 13, 2020. after going missing in a lake near Los Angeles. She was 33.

On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Bill Ayub confirmed Rivera’s death at a press conference. Prior to a press conference Monday afternoon, TMZ confirmed the body was Rivera.

Rivera was pronounced missing Wednesday, July 8th after going boating with her four-year-old son on Lake Piru, in Ventura County’s Los Padres National Forest. Rivera had reportedly rented a boat with her son, Josey Hollis Dorsey, at around 1 p.m. that afternoon. About three hours later, another boater discovered Josey sleeping alone on the boat’s pontoon. Officials said Josey was unharmed and wearing a life vest, while an adult life vest was found on the boat.

At the time, a spokesman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said, “There’s no evidence of foul play at this point,” and, “This may well be a case of drowning.” A search and rescue operation was launched and continued throughout the week.

Rivera was born on January 12th, 1987 in Santa Clarita, California, just outside of Los Angeles, and began acting as a child. She scored her first job at age four on Eddie Murphy’s short-lived sitcom, The Royal Family. She spent the next several years picking up guest roles on shows like Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Baywatch and Smart Guy.

Full article

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • List
  9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

U.S. Congressman and civil rights icon John Lewis passes away at the age of 80. R.I.P.

20200718_175503.jpg
    20200718_175507.jpg
    20200718_175450.jpg
    20200718_175513.jpg
    20200718_175746.jpg

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Long time actor & star of famed films such as "Enter The Dragon" and multiple "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies, John Saxon passes away at the age of 83. R.I.P.

20200726_111130.jpg
    20200726_111208.jpg

• List
  12. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

• List
  13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• List
  14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

He was in Gordon Parks' version of 12 Years A Slave.

• List
  15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

• List
  16. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Chadwick Boseman dead at 43 from stage 4 colon cancer. I didn't even know this man was sick. RIP

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.21.48 PM.png

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I just now heard the news. I'm in complete shock and I'm heartbroken for this young man and his family. R.I.P. T'Challa. #WakandaForever

20200828_223418.jpg
    20200828_224014.jpg
    20200828_223947.jpg
    20200828_224009.jpg

18. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

This one fucked me up a little bit, not gonna lie. Damn, he was so young too.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wow, this is crazy he was so young. R.I.P.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

There was a lot of discussion for months about pictures showing his drastic weightloss for the past year, he was being accused of being anorexic.

I guess he didn't want to explain it.

R.I.P.