The Horror Files

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Clive Barker's Books of Blood Gets Film Treatment from The Orville Creators

[​IMG]

Clive Barker's Books of Blood are coming to Hulu.

According to Deadline, Orville producers Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane are adapting the horror anthology book series as a film for the streaming service. Braga will direct, co-write and produce the film, while MacFarlane will serve as an executive producer. Adam Simon will co-write the movie with Braga.

The film already has a cast attached, with Anna Friel (Marcella), Britt Robertson (For the People), Rafi Gavron (A Star Is Born) and Yul Vazquez (Midnight, Texas) set to star. It is expected to premiere on the streaming service in fall 2020.

Books of Blood is a six-book horror anthology series, with stories taking place in modern day settings with normal individuals. Several of the stories have already been adapted into films, including Rawhead Rex (1986), The Midnight Meat Train (2008) and Dread (2009). "The Forbidden" was adapted into the film Candyman, while "The Last Illusion" was adapted into Lord of Illusions. "The Body Politic" was also adapted in 1997 as Quicksilver Highway). Finally, "The Book of Blood" and "On Jerusalem Street were combined into the 2008 film Book of Blood.

Directed and co-written by Brannon Braga, Books of Blood stars Anna Friel, Britt Robertson, Rafi Gavron, and Yul Vazquez. Seth MacFarlane will serve as executive producer, while Adam Simon will co-write the movie with Braga. It is set to premiere on Hulu in fall 2020.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

To me the show "locked up abroad" is scarier than anything. Nothing scarier than a crowded hell hole in far east Asia, or south America. I literally watch that to scare the hell out of myself.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Far too short. At least could have given a hint to what the killer actually is because clearly it is more than human.

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Agreed. It's more like the opening scene at the beginning of a movie. It was interesting though.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's what I was thinking when I was watching. I'm almost wondering if the people who put it together are actually trying to make a full length movie with this & this was just a teaser.

10. Tamstrong

I'd like that. It definitely piqued my interest, so I hope they put out the rest of the story.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Originally was going to post this in the Favorite Cartoon/Anime Thread but think this is a better fit.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Man & Swamp Things by John Gallagher aka uncannyknack on DeviantArt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

20. Tamstrong

[​IMG]