Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Dude, mind your business. You have me ignore so stop giving a damn about what I think.
    The city of London said the mural was anti-semitic and took it down.. The BBC and The Guardian labeled the mural anti-semitic.

You apparently couldn't see the link from The Guardian that I posted where they made the argument that the mural was dealing in racist tropes against Jews.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I did not see the link as you are on ignore, I did, however, see the reply. Which is why I elaborated on it. Unfortunately, your comment, warrants a report. Name calling is against the rules here. And my comment about your anti-semitism towards non-european jews still stands. Good day, sir.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Against forum rules. And as I said previously, your non-european anti-semitism has already been addressed, so, 75% of my statement still stands. It’s also a shame that you are quick to point out “potential” anti-semitism when it comes to european jews, but are completely incapable of recognizing your own anti-semitism of non-european jews by erasing them and defaulting to “white”.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well the pic you commented on was edited it wasn't the full pic

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

There are different colors of people under that board game. Those people under the Monopoly game are the workers these men make money off the backs off. They aren't all black.

And to add to the anti-semitism, here is a paragraph toward the end of the article AB posted:

"If you’re left in any doubt, just read the words of Mear One, the street artist who painted the mural: “Some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are,” he has written."

If that's not anti-Semitism, then I don't know what is.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What are they then?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Bookworm616

The shades of the people are all different. See them the way you want, but all races appear to be represented.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sure race was my idea to begin with.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm ultimately not going to decide if that picture was anti semitic or not. That's too deeply into magical thinking for me to indulge in. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Anyone willing to be an ally in the cause I will reciprocate. Other than that I have my own road as a black man and that is that.

11. Bookworm616

Magical thinking? What do you mean?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

None of that stuff is real.

Race or religion.

The only thing real is the pain people inflict on one another because of it. I have to fully indulge in order to understand what's happening in that thought process. Something that I'm not willing to do.

Humans only created one thing that fascinates me and that is technology. Almost all the other ideas they came up with sucks and simply is just not worth my time.

Faraday >>>>> Willie Lynch and Religion (including all unfounded beliefs)

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Recently reported posts from this thread bring to mind the saying, "Don't start none, won't be none." Folks need to keep that in mind, and not be surprised when someone claps back to being dissed. It also helps to keep in mind that sometimes it's not worth commenting or clapping back. I know political discussions can bring out the worst in people, but none of this is worth the drama. Reading through the posts, I think the back & forth over this is pointless, especially when it has devolved from a discussion to an argument. Enough is enough. Folks need to chill, stop dissing & arguing with each other, and either get back to having an actual discussion or drop the subject altogether.

Also (and It doesn't just apply to the current situation or people), the Ignore function works best when it's used as intended. Otherwise what's the point? How are you actually ignoring folks if you're still responding to them or talking about them (which includes the baffling need some have to announce or carry on about who they have on ignore)? It's just not logical behavior.

As for the post that prompted the discussion/argument, the majority of us had no idea what the backstory of the image was, especially with the edited version that was posted. I think most of us took it as the poster intended it to be taken and understand that no anti-Semitic intent was behind it. I'd never seen the mural or heard anything about it until it came up here, and I found the story behind it interesting. I didn't find it worth arguing about though.

14. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

15. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

16. andreboba

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. andreboba

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I'm sure that you already know that I do not endorse antisemitism in any way however I'm glad we have an understanding whilst having a constructive debate.

By the way if you had not edited that earlier post you would've seen this guy for sure:

2002326503606988922_rs.jpg

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200613_184652.jpg