Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

By rewarding bad behaviour you expect what exactly?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is just me I guess, I go anywhere I want. Never thought any different.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Depends on the region. On average, you may get stares or a few mean comments in a different language, but actual violence is rare.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe it does. I'll go anywhere tho, unless it's somewhere that really holds no interest. Like I'd be silly to go to Idaho, but if the place is interesting to me, I'll go.

It's their world until I get a real threat, then it's mine.

6. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

What do you mean by a different language?

7. meowkittenmeow

If you are in a different country. The remarks may be made in a language that is different than your own.

8. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Oh. I see. I thought the conversation was about the US.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Me too.

So now I take it back. Some places I will not go like Mexico. I watch the show locked up abroad and that's really scary. Black people that are afraid to come to Florida but go to Mexico are comical to me.

I'll go to any NATO member country and most European countries. Maybe even Russia if it's the main cities only.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Y'all going to Mexico? Too may other beaches for that noise.
    [​IMG]

11. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Africa?

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Good point. A few years ago a friend told me of he and his sister's plan to drive historical route 66 (which I hear is cool) my first thought was... Be careful as they're fairly dark complected from Thailand. I get Beasty's point in going whereever he'd like, but my feeling is that far too much of this country has fully closed minds and something like that trip I'd think would be a bit much off the beaten path.

That and I've never been one for long road trips. I'm all about boarding a flight and arriving hours later.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Egypt, South Africa, Ghana, Morocco and Mali. I want to say Libya but not now. Maybe Tanzania, and Kenya.

Maybe a few other places but I will finish doing my research beforehand. On one hand it would be satisfying to go there and help them with some of their electrical problems, Maybe even give them some innovations that politics stop us from having here. Because that's the foundation of standard of living, but that's not likely to happen if the main issue is corrupt government. I haven't looked deeply enough into it yet. But there are a few things Akon is doing.

Generally Africa is a very scary place but their are some places I plan on at least visiting there. I want to help people but not those that bring problems on themselves. That's more of a mental issue.

100 degree heat with no reliable electric? I want to help those people. They are living in a pre Faraday world. That's just not acceptable.

14. Madeleine

Well, Africa’s problem is complicated. A lot of people have beautiful houses with all Western amenities. Then some obviously don’t have any. As for no stable electricity, I can speak only for Nigeria but there it has nothing to do with it not being possible but with the NEPA cutting it every now and then to get bribes. Cameroon has had stable electricity for years.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's all about cost efficiency, stability and innovation. If the issue is all politics, I'm passing. If the issue is that enough educated people are not giving back, then I can help and possibly give them something that America doesn't even have. Maybe even make their stuff free, but the government will still likely find a way to charge them.

16. meowkittenmeow

I meant that it could be the U.S. or another country. The same situations can apply.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They probably need all the engineers they can get. I'm not trying to play superman, but anyone that can really help out can make some difference.

The cost of electricity shortages in Africa is more than just a problem of access

https://qz.com/africa/1431213/afric...African countries try,50 hours to 4,600 hours.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is fucking ridiculous. Gtfo with this shit
    [​IMG]

19. Madeleine

The ever present generators.

We have set up about 5-10 projects. Almost all failed due to people abusing the money or not living up to their part. Unfortunately. Hurt them more than us ultimately but it changed my outlook on „helping“ Africa. Africa has a lot of potential and many graduates. They will help themselves when they are ready. If you can get an affordable solar panel on the market you can probably make money. Things like that already exist but the market is there.

20. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

My comment was meant for places in the US. Sorry should have been more specific.